Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,227

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3017 Mar 30, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Chevy Volt drivers have saved about $30,000,000 on gas. That's an average of $862.00 per owner. But, many owners have saved much more because they have had their cars longer. Like me.
Oh yeah ... 258,000,000 miles driven and not one fire. Guess Petey's wife is wrong again. That's what she gets for listening to Petey.
http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...
What an amazing car.
Wifey says:
We know your argument...

the administration is raising the cost of gasoline in hopes it will sell more obamamobiles...

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3018 Mar 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
We know your argument...

the administration is raising the cost of gasoline in hopes it will sell more obamamobiles...

Too Funny.
That's very true...

and it's a good thing for the cost efficient Toyotas and Hondas with their best-selling Hybrids.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3019 Mar 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
That's very true...

and it's a good thing for the cost efficient Toyotas and Hondas with their best-selling Hybrids.

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
nothing chevy has that sells but those cadillacs...

and they sell better in china than anywhere else.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3020 Mar 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
nothing chevy has that sells but those cadillacs...

and they sell better in china than anywhere else.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

but that isn't American money...

that stays in China.

Too Funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3021 Mar 30, 2013
2008. Bush was prez. Gas was higher than it is today. Liars at Fox said the Prez can't control the price of gas. But then ... they turned around and blamed Obama for the price of gas being too high.

Guess Petey watches Fox. I was wondering where he got all his lies.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3022 Mar 30, 2013
Petey's 9134Wifey says ... That's true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3023 Mar 30, 2013
Kelly Blue Book Volt owners reviews.

If you scroll down a few you will see 5 people from MI who claimed they bought the Volt but hated it because of all the right wing ranting. Who in their right mind would believe that a farther than right wing Volt hater would buy the Volt?

Oh wait .... Petey is from MI. Pete! Did you log into KBB and rant on a Volt forum?

Did you vote multiple times on that site like you and your buddy from Des Plaines do here?

http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/volt/2012-chevro...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3024 Mar 30, 2013
That was page 2. Only one freak from MI there. Go to page 1.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3025 Mar 30, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
2008. Bush was prez. Gas was higher than it is today. Liars at Fox said the Prez can't control the price of gas. But then ... they turned around and blamed Obama for the price of gas being too high.
Guess Petey watches Fox. I was wondering where he got all his lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UzEnKdBAb_oXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Wifey says:

Facts only:

We already know what the agenda is with those from cali...

the Obama Administration is now amusing itself by issuing reports that say we were going to have a brutal Ice Age, but “because of humans, the next ice age has been ‘delayed indefinitely. www.humanevents.com/2013/03/29/obama-administ...

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3026 Mar 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:

Facts only:

the Obama Administration is now amusing itself by issuing reports that say we were going to have a brutal Ice Age, but “because of humans, the next ice age has been ‘delayed indefinitely. www.humanevents.com/2013/03/29/obama-administ ...
That's very true...

It's just more taxes they want.

Too Funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3027 Mar 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Wifey says:
Facts only:
the Obama Administration is now amusing itself by issuing reports that say we were going to have a brutal Ice Age, but “because of humans, the next ice age has been ‘delayed indefinitely. www.humanevents.com/2013/03/29/obama-administ...
Too Funny.
Once again, Petey can't stick to the topic.

Petey's Wifey says: That's true.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3028 Mar 30, 2013
No wonder Volt owners love their cars!!!

What an amazing car.

http://www.plugincars.com/ask-volt-drivers-ho...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3029 Mar 30, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, Petey can't stick to the topic.
Petey's Wifey says: That's true.
Ok facts only...

let's stick to the topic here...

let's see where Prius and obamamobile stand in the Consumer Reports. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/best-cars-fo...

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#3030 Mar 30, 2013
Pete wrote:
Ok facts only...

let's stick to the topic here...

let's see where Prius and obamamobile stand in the Consumer Reports. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/best-cars-fo ...

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

I think your talking to a stroker there.

Too Funny.
Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#3031 Mar 31, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Chevy Volt drivers have saved about $30,000,000 on gas. That's an average of $862.00 per owner. But, many owners have saved much more because they have had their cars longer. Like me.
Oh yeah ... 258,000,000 miles driven and not one fire. Guess Petey's wife is wrong again. That's what she gets for listening to Petey.
http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.ht...
What an amazing car.
No disrespect intended, but your math is a bit overstated.

Savings may be in the range of your estimate, but Volt's higher price means owners paid on average five times your gas savings estimate to get those saved dollars.
As well, the Federal and State credits add a significant cost per owner to the equation. Those credits alone add at least seven times your gas dollars saved.

Furthermore, your subsidy estimates only work if you average them out on a per taxpayer basis.
In reality you should be using a "per vehicle" calculation, which you will find is significantly higher than the "flakes of pennies" estimate you used.

Not trying to stir the pot here.
Only setting the record straight.
liner

Patchogue, NY

#3032 Mar 31, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Savings may be in the range of your estimate, but Volt's higher price means owners paid on average five times your gas savings estimate to get those saved dollars.
As well, the Federal and State credits add a significant cost per owner to the equation. Those credits alone add at least seven times your gas dollars saved.
Furthermore, your subsidy estimates only work if you average them out on a per taxpayer basis.
In reality you should be using a "per vehicle" calculation, which you will find is significantly higher than the "flakes of pennies" estimate you used.
Trust me, he couldn't spell logic.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#3033 Mar 31, 2013
Never trust a man that says "trust me." What a jerky comment.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3034 Mar 31, 2013
Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>
8,400,000 gallons of gas saved. Multiplying that by $3.60 it is over $30 million dollars. I am not even counting the fact that gas has been over $4 a gallon in CA for a long time. That is where most Volts are sold. That is pretty simple math.

It was Fox New.com that stated (correctly so)that each taxpayer paid $11 for the entire plug in program. GM's share was less than 50% of the entire program. Each tax payer paid $5 for GM's share. The Volt shares the program with 3 other cars. That is a little over $1 per tax payer for the entire Volt program. There have been 35,000 Volts sold. Divide $1 by 35,000.

This is very basic math.

I don't even understand what you are trying to say about the credits. My price, after my credit was $31,800. I have saved over $1,500 on gas, including my charging costs.

Again, basic math.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3035 Mar 31, 2013
Root wrote:
Never trust a man that says "trust me." What a jerky comment.
Just fell off my chair laughing!!!

People take a basic math equation and turn it into mumbo jumbo.

8,400,000 gallons of gas saved is more than $30 million saved because most Volt owners live in CA where gas is $4. There are 35,000 Volt owners. To come to a per owner savings, you simply divide $30 million by 35,000.

How hard can that be?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#3036 Mar 31, 2013
It's all about ownership and real world experience.

Most traded in car for the Volt ... Prius.
http://www.plugincars.com/chevy-volt-buyers-t...

Chevy Volt most loved car by owners ever .... two years in a row.
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/chevy-volt-to...

If the Prius is the most traded in car for the Volt, and those owners love their car more than their Prius ..... well, only those people can tell you their experience. I have ridden in several Prius's. Not even close.

Volt Named "Best Eco Car" by Diesel Car Magazine
http://www.dieselcaronline.co.uk/news/car-of-...

Volt Named Most Important American Car built in past 25 years by Fox News
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/07/04/pat...

There are a couple of former Prius owners making comments about their experience with both cars. There are plenty of blogs with former Prius owners who state their Volts are better cars.

Haters can't fathom why Volt owners love their cars.

IT IS AN AMAZING CAR.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 30 min Le Jimbo 569
'Chrysler' name officially axed for Fca Us 14 hr Tom Polcari 1
Michigan tightens rules for childhood vaccinations Tue scs2011 2
UAW's Williams eyes Detroit 3 wage boost, downp... Tue reality is a crutch 1
auto glass repair and replacement (May '12) Tue kelsey compars 5
Senator blasts Uber for weak response to spy sc... Tue Sterkfontein Swar... 2
GM Problems - Are You Having Problems With Your... (Aug '08) Tue ricky 379
More from around the web