Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11784 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2872 Mar 20, 2013
I mean ... look at my posts on page 136. I posted two links to interesting videos about the Volt.

This is a Volt forum.

It was judged by the haters to be spam. Volt topics on a Volt forum are spam?

They judged it to be clueless. They are facts. How can facts be clueless?

They said they disagree. Disagree with what? How can you disagree with a video that shows fact?

Nope .. I am not going away. I just don't answer the 3 stooges.

Oooooops ...... I just made a slur on the real 3 stooges.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2873 Mar 20, 2013
For Luvmyvolt.
Just curious.
Who did you have in mind when talking about the "real three stooges"?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2874 Mar 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
I mean ... look at my posts on page 136. I posted two links to interesting videos about the Volt.
This is a Volt forum.
It was judged by the haters to be spam. Volt topics on a Volt forum are spam?
They judged it to be clueless. They are facts. How can facts be clueless?
They said they disagree. Disagree with what? How can you disagree with a video that shows fact?
Nope .. I am not going away. I just don't answer the 3 stooges.
Oooooops ...... I just made a slur on the real 3 stooges.
Look at post 2871.
Emoticons for an expressed apology--"disagree, Clueless,etc."
Go figure.
Who woulda thunk.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#2875 Mar 20, 2013
Looks like the canadian blow boy was on the receiving end.

http://www.wildlife-pictures-online.com/image...
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2876 Mar 20, 2013
"Canadian Blow Boy"
Ain't that nice!!
Considering the source...
Not unexpected.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2877 Mar 20, 2013
Went back to page 125. Wanted to see how many "car" posts the guy that keeps reminding us "car posts only"! This is from the guy that claims everybody (people who like the Volt) are trying to dominate this forum,(a Volt forum).

77 non topic posts, of which, most were direct attacks (or as he likes to put it ... "explanations of everybody elses probem"). Those that weren't attacks were pretty iffy, but very few.

10 actual posts talking about cars, of which most were anti-Volt posts ... but that's OK ... gives me reason to post real world links. So, we can set those 10 aside.

And that was just since page 125. This is page 138, of which there is still more room for attacks. That's an average of 6 non car posts per page ... excluding the 10.

Now, if we can just get him to stop posts like the other 77.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2878 Mar 20, 2013
Now back to the subject at hand (Volt leapfrogs Prius in mpg). I have made mention of the fact that 75% of all Americans could drive gas free by just buying a Volt (or Leaf, or Coda, etc.)

http://www.greencarreports.com/overview/chevr...

This is paragraph 8:

"More than 75 percent of all U.S. vehicles travel 40 miles or less each day, so Volts charged up at night may not turn on their engines for weeks at a time. But with the engine on, it'll do 300 miles, then refill the 9-gallon tank, and it'll knock off the same again--with the EPA rating its engine-on operation at 37 miles per gallon. While that's not as good as the 50-mpg Toyota Prius, the Volt is smoother, faster, and a whole lot more fun to drive."

Most Volt owners are in the 75%. That's why so many Volt owners don't use much gas.

paragraph 12:

"The 2013 Volt is a top safety pick of the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, and received top ratings from both the IIHS and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The battery and electric systems are warrantied for eight years or 100,000 miles, far longer than most gasoline powertrains"

last paragraph:

"The most important thing to take away about the 2013 Volt is that it is a real car with real-world abilities--not a golf cart, or a science project, or a weird two-seat aero-blob. It has all the conveniences you’d expect in a compact car, plus some you wouldn’t. It’s fast, it rides well, it costs only pennies to run on electric power, and it’s enormously smooth and quiet."
Volts for Dolts

Newtown, CT

#2879 Mar 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Now back to the subject at hand (Volt leapfrogs Prius in mpg). I have made mention of the fact that 75% of all Americans could drive gas free by just buying a Volt (or Leaf, or Coda, etc.)
This is paragraph 8:
"More than 75 percent of all U.S. vehicles travel 40 miles or less each day, so Volts charged up at night may not turn on their engines for weeks at a time. But with the engine on, it'll do 300 miles, then refill the 9-gallon tank, and it'll knock off the same again--with the EPA rating its engine-on operation at 37 miles per gallon. While that's not as good as the 50-mpg Toyota Prius, the Volt is smoother, faster, and a whole lot more fun to drive."
Most Volt owners are in the 75%. That's why so many Volt owners don't use much gas.
paragraph 12:
"The 2013 Volt is a top safety pick of the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, and received top ratings from both the IIHS and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The battery and electric systems are warrantied for eight years or 100,000 miles, far longer than most gasoline powertrains"
last paragraph:
"The most important thing to take away about the 2013 Volt is that it is a real car with real-world abilities--not a golf cart, or a science project, or a weird two-seat aero-blob. It has all the conveniences you’d expect in a compact car, plus some you wouldn’t. It’s fast, it rides well, it costs only pennies to run on electric power, and it’s enormously smooth and quiet."
iluvmyVolt you are nothing more than an obsessed shill, stooge, and or hack. Give it a rest you're nauseating!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2880 Mar 20, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
This is paragraph 8:
paragraph 12:
last paragraph:
Very informative and positive posts. Keep them coming, thank you!
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2881 Mar 20, 2013
Since we're now into collecting statistcs ( as per Luvmyvolt)....

Non topic (non Volt) posts since page 125:

Root..........57
Luvmyvolt...34
Smatters.....29
Total..........120

Fact: 77 ( less approx 10 posts), or approx. 67 posts were responses by Proteus to Root, Luvmyvolt, or Jimmy.(According to Luvmyvolt)

Fact: Most, if not all Proteus responses were to provocative posts by Root, Luvmyvolt, and Jimmy.

Looks like provocative posts by the gruesome threesome vs Proteus responses is a ratio of 2:1.

So exactly who are the genuine bad guys here?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2882 Mar 20, 2013
Oh yeah-- I forgot to mention that Luvmyvolt, Root, and Jimmy rarely mention names in any of their provocative posts.
They frequently claim innocent of any wrongdoing because of that.
Is that sleazy or what?
Gizmo marine

Windsor, Canada

#2883 Mar 20, 2013
Volts for Dolts wrote:
<quoted text>
iluvmyVolt you are nothing more than an obsessed shill, stooge, and or hack. Give it a rest you're nauseating!
Agree.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2884 Mar 20, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Oh yeah-- I forgot to mention that Luvmyvolt, Root, and Jimmy rarely mention names in any of their provocative posts.
They frequently claim innocent of any wrongdoing because of that.
Is that sleazy or what?
Please don't start it again.
Gizmo marine

Windsor, Canada

#2885 Mar 20, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't start it again.
I didn't start it any time.
The ratio of my posts vs you and your confreres proves that.
And then look what happens when I tossed out an apology.
Gizmo marine

Windsor, Canada

#2886 Mar 20, 2013
The new username is what my handle was when I was in your USMC.
Actually it was "Gizmo"
Vietnam Nam, 68,69,70.
This "Canadian Blow Boy" volunteer did 2 tours.
So I think that qualifies me to post a bit of directness from time to time.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2887 Mar 20, 2013
Please stop, you did the right thing. Let it go.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2888 Mar 20, 2013
Should anyone wonder what it costs to charge a Volt in PG&E land, these are E9a rates:

Summer (service from May 1 through October 31):
Peak: M-F: 2pm to 9pm ($0.31083 per Kwh) ouch!
Partial-Peak: M-F: 7am to 2:00pm AND 9:00pm to 12:00am, Weekend: 5pm to 9pm ($0.10172 per Kwh)
Off-Peak: All other hour ($0.03855 per Kwh)

Winter (service from November 1 through April 30):
Partial-Peak: M-F: 7:00am to 12am, Weekend: 5:00 pm to to 9:00pm ($0.08392 per Kwh)
Off-Peak: All other hours ($0.04781 per Kwh)

My son bought a Volt recently. He charges from 9 pm to 7 am. He averages about 6 cents per kwh.

That's $0.72 cents to fully charge. He's averaging 41 miles per charge because much of his commute is freeway. That's a cost of $0.0175 per mile.

At CA gas rates ($4.00 on a good day), he can drive 228 miles for the cost of 1 gallon of gas.

He now charges at work for free, thus cutting that cost in half.

A truly amazing car.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2889 Mar 20, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Very informative and positive posts. Keep them coming, thank you!
Well ... I posted that because a lot of people want to know what the Volt does in snow with 4 overweight people with ski's on top and going up a 45 degree, 12,000 foot mountain.

Well, the Volt was built for the commute in mind, but you don't have to own a second car, as you would with the electrics, which are good cars in their own right. 75% of the time, people commute.

As GM stated, even when the batteries are twice as light and twice as powerful, the range will be kept at 40 miles. The cost will also be 1/2 as much. That math means a future battery that weighs the same as todays battery will have a range of 160 miles. So, in the future the Volt battery will weigh less than 25% of today's battery and the cost will be 25%, probably less.

Do I feel stupid for paying far more than those cars will? No. I will have saved about %7000 in gas by then. If the credits run out, that's another $7,500 I saved.

All good stuff.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2890 Mar 20, 2013
woops .... I double clicked on post comment. Won't do that again.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2891 Mar 20, 2013
No, it was 77 off topic posts plus 10 posts about cars, of which, half were putting down the Volt.

That is 87 posts for the the "guy" ... total. Go back and count.

Read the paragraph again.

"77 non topic posts, of which, most were direct attacks"

"10 actual posts talking about cars,"

+10
---

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dale Jr. has mixed emotions about Jimmie Johnso... 1 hr MrTinkertrain24 12
OEM Tango Key Programmer with All Software 13 hr cnautotool 1
XTOOL EZ400 PRO VS Xtool EZ400 VS Xtool PS90 16 hr jimmyLIN 1
News 1959 Devin D Roadster: From Kit Car to Hillclimber (Aug '07) Thu Bigfoote 43
Xhorse Iscancar VAG MM-007 Diagnostic and Maint... Wed jimmyLIN 1
News Watch This Man Save An Elderly Woman From Being... (Mar '17) Sep 18 Charlie Estupefacto 3
XTOOL x100 pad 2 newest update and carlist - al... Sep 15 jimmyLIN 3
More from around the web