Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11770 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Jim Smatters

United States

#2792 Mar 17, 2013
In a way it's funny when you think about it. People posting bad things about a car they claim not to care about. How weird is that? It reminds me of the atheist's argument. Spend your time fighting against something you believe doesn't exist.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2793 Mar 17, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
In a way it's funny when you think about it. People posting bad things about a car they claim not to care about. How weird is that? It reminds me of the atheist's argument. Spend your time fighting against something you believe doesn't exist.
Such an obtuse and apparently sanctimonious comment requires an explanation.
In other words, what the hell are you trying to say?
Or is being straightforward not your area of expertise?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2794 Mar 17, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Volt thread?
Meaning what?
Up to now it's been all over the place.
Everything and anything has been discussed, and nobody cried "foul" about that!
So all of a sudden the rules are changed?
Sez who?
Just because one person wants the thread all to himself?
Just because one person gets miffed because he feels he's been slighted?
And this same person feels obliged to go on a narcissistic rant every time he gets challenged?
And not just one rant--he fills pages with his rants.
That's just nuts.
Sorry, but I don't buy that new edict.
As long as this thread continues to be what it is, I'll stick around, thanks.
And those who can't deal with it will just have to suck it up.
This is a Volt thread. Thatís all I said. I donít think itís a big deal to talk about the Volt on this thread. You seem to be fussing because the guy is talking about his Volt. How bad is it to talk about your Volt on a Volt thread? I really donít see a problem with it.

If he says he licks the door handles of his Volt and repeats it over an over again whatís wrong with that? It sure beats some of the other things said. Why not let a person bask in the glory and be proud of their purchases over and over again?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2795 Mar 17, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>This is a Volt thread. Thatís all I said. I donít think itís a big deal to talk about the Volt on this thread. You seem to be fussing because the guy is talking about his Volt. How bad is it to talk about your Volt on a Volt thread? I really donít see a problem with it.
If he says he licks the door handles of his Volt and repeats it over an over again whatís wrong with that? It sure beats some of the other things said. Why not let a person bask in the glory and be proud of their purchases over and over again?
Now my son is basking. He commutes from Dublin, CA to Santa Clara, CA every day. He has cut his daily commute cost from about $15 a day to about $4 a day.

His company is building a new headquarters and they will have charging stations. When he starts charging at work, his commute will be about $2 a day. He is on PG&E's E9 charging levels (I don't have PG&E) and he pays only 5 cents a kwh at night when he charges.

Pretty cool.

Oh ... BTW ... I'm done trying. This is a Volt thread.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2796 Mar 17, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
Good one. Especially when the attacks are the same ones, over and over.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2797 Mar 17, 2013
I don't have to convert the entire world of Volt lovers. Volt owners love their car more than any other car ever. Two years running.

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/11/29/...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2798 Mar 17, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
Wow ... he even attacked you.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2799 Mar 17, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Looky here Peter me lad...( St. Patrick's Day, remember)....
I don't know (and could care less) what your beef is with Mr. Luvmyvolt, or President Obama, or whoever else you feel obliged to vent your spleen about..
But heed this advice, please....
You're wasting your time, not to mention a lot of bandwidth, in doing what (and how) you're doing here.
Why not take a little break for a while, and cool it on those "wifey says" anecdotes.
Really, what purpose does it serve, and to be honest, what those bozos really want is for you to just keep doping it because it feeds their purpose.
You're actually doing them a service in providing a convenient excuse.
Think about it.
As I stated ... I respect Pete 10 times more than you. He never claimed to like the Volt. He is an out of the closet Volt hater.

He never said he was not a name caller and then turned around and continuously called people names.

Besides that, he likes Rodriguez.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2800 Mar 17, 2013
I think this is a put on ... but it's funny.

&fe ature=youtu.be

This isn't fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2801 Mar 18, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>This is a Volt thread. Thatís all I said. I donít think itís a big deal to talk about the Volt on this thread. You seem to be fussing because the guy is talking about his Volt. How bad is it to talk about your Volt on a Volt thread? I really donít see a problem with it.
So i's a Volt thread.
No problem.
If someone wants to talk about their Volt, that's OK.
Just as it's OK for another to express an opinion about that someone's over the top boasting about their Volt.
Basking in glory indeed.
It's more like a somewhat insecure individual going to extremes to justify his existence.
Frankly, that kind of behaviour, especially in a public forum, is bizarre.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2802 Mar 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated ... I respect Pete 10 times more than you. He never claimed to like the Volt. He is an out of the closet Volt hater.
He never said he was not a name caller and then turned around and continuously called people names.
Besides that, he likes Rodriguez.
This is a public forum.
Respect has nothing to do with it.
However, if respect is important to you, then try to show some yourself.
That said, I have little respect for crybabies.
So I guess that makes us even.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2803 Mar 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow ... he even attacked you.
Wrong.
I responded to a post which was of itself, an attack.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2804 Mar 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one. Especially when the attacks are the same ones, over and over.
Obviously you fail to comprehend the difference between an opinion and an attack.
It's always your way or the highway, and when it doesn't go your way, you hold a pity party.
This is a public forum.
What you're whining about is mild compared to a lot of nonsense seen here.
Disagreement is the rule, not the exception.
My opinions about your "over and over" boasts about Volt, have been clearly stated.
You view them as attacks.
I view them as opinion about a behavioural problem.
Frankly, whatever the diagnosis, what you're doing is's just childish.
At your age, you should know better.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2805 Mar 18, 2013
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/alternati...

For those who seek objectivity in comparing Volt to Prius, above link is an excellent source.

Be advised, personally I believe both automobiles are excellent products.
Regardless of either the hype or negativity expressed about either one, at the end of the day, it's an individual choice which depends entirely on what needs purchasers prioritize.
Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.
I don't intend to buy either of them, so I have no personal bias one way or the other.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2806 Mar 18, 2013
A report on why the EPA numbers are never correct.†Sometimes the numbers are too high, and sometimes too low.†Hardly ever correct.

This is from paragraph 5:

"This points out a bigger issue with the EPA test cycle. Itís only real value is that it subjects every car to the same test. The test itself is a joke".

One reason it is a joke is that their "highway miles" are tested at 60 mph.†This is particularly bad for ICE cars, as nobody drives at 60. However, most ICE car owners believe the EPA numbers and never really check their real world MPG.

Plug in owners complain that the EPA numbers are too low.†The EPA is actually contemplating a new test for hybrids.†Plug-ins in particular.

http://www.cleanfleetreport.com/2013-fuel-eco...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2807 Mar 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2808 Mar 18, 2013
Methinks Proteus needs to re-read his attack on Jim. To say it's not an attack is the same as saying Ali knocked me out cold, but I didn't feel it.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2809 Mar 18, 2013
Jim didn't made a broad statement. Somebody else made it personal.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2810 Mar 18, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Methinks Proteus needs to re-read his attack on Jim. To say it's not an attack is the same as saying Ali knocked me out cold, but I didn't feel it.
So Mr. Luvmyvolt, in your mind, it's an attack when someone responds to what is clearly a deliberate provocation?
Then what do you call a deliberate provocation--a hug with a kiss on the cheek?
Mr. Luvmyvolt, you certainly have a unique way of seeing things.
Incidentally, both you and Jimbo use an ISP masking software.
Any chance that's not a coincidence?
(Nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2811 Mar 18, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
So i's a Volt thread.
No problem.
If someone wants to talk about their Volt, that's OK.
Just as it's OK for another to express an opinion about that someone's over the top boasting about their Volt.
Basking in glory indeed.
It's more like a somewhat insecure individual going to extremes to justify his existence.
Frankly, that kind of behaviour, especially in a public forum, is bizarre.
Not sure if you realize it but you are attacking people.

ďinsecure individual going to extremes to justify his existence.
Frankly, that kind of behaviour, especially in a public forum, is bizarre.Ē

Might I suggest this is the reason people attack you back?

I will say it again. If someone wants to boast, cheer, jump up and down about their Volt, this is the place to do it. I really donít see any problem with it at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Volvo Vcads 88890180 PTT software Free download (Jan '16) 22 min hirad 40
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 6 hr Jack flash 210
Help with 2002 Honda Odyssey radio code (Oct '07) Thu Foortay 83
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Apr 26 Tom 19
News Jeep Trailcat Is the 707-hp Hellcat-Powered Wra... (Mar '16) Apr 25 Wheels 7
Xhorse the best vvdi2 bmw Apr 25 Ambrosio 3
Where to buy VVDI 2, VVDI PROG programmer? (Oct '15) Apr 24 Ambrosio 5
More from around the web