Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: taintedgreen.com 9,226

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Full Story
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#2649 Mar 10, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. One would think they'd be on the Volt board.
Where is the Volt board?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2650 Mar 10, 2013
Toyota tops 2012 recall list for 3rd time in 4 years
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/toyota-tops-2...

Toyota to hold world's biggest car recall in 16 years

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/toyota-hold-w...

1 million Toyotas recalled for wiper, airbag issues
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/1-million-toy...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2651 Mar 10, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
I think you are all quite testy. Let's look at the situation another way. Some people like the Volt and some don't. So if you like the Volt great, share your stories. If you dont like the Volt why are you here posting about it?
Oh, I don't mind the haters. In actuality, I have learned more about my
Volt because of these guys than by any other way.

They complain about certain aspects of the Volt and I have to research. After 1 1/2 years of ownership, I've learned a lot. And they have never been right. And there are a lot fewer of them than back then, believe me.

Back then, one hater picked up on a blog by a bunch of haters. One of them test drove the Volt and complained about the brakes. Now, I was wondering why the brakes did seem different.

Turns out, the brake pads don't stop the car until about 3 mph. The E motor stops the car. When the pads take over, there is a little sensation through the peddle.

Well ... because of that, my brake pads are expected to have a life time of at least 100,000 miles. Not only that, the e motor stopping the car is what adds range to my battery. 54 degrees today and I got a 42 mile range. Love it. Plenty more of those stories ... and I owe it all to a haters for obtaining that knowledge.

That's my story.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2652 Mar 10, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Personally, both Root and Luvmyvolt are acting unwisely.(And perhaps foolishly)
They seem to believe that by responding to the "children" who they take issue with, that somehow the "children" will get the message and cease their nonsense.
Far rom it---all that does is encourage the "children" to do more of the same.
How long will it take for those two to realize that???
Wow. Go back as far as you want and see where I responded to the children, other than a joke poem. And that wasn't even a response to any of their posts.

You ... on the other hand keep calling me and Root out. What is your problem with us?

You have never called out the children by name. How many times do you have to be reminded of that?

You're a Volt hater in disguise. You know you are. Come out of the closet and be a man. At least the children admit to what they are.

Just in the past 3 pages, my little buddy Peter Pumpkin Eater has put out so much nonsense. Where do you see me responding to him? I did put 3 links to Toyota's recall woes, but that was not a response to his post. And if you read the title of the thread, it is all in context.

Once again, stick to car facts. You keep calling us out. You are doing exactly what you say we are doing.

ps I haven't seen one car fact from you yet. Have you seen all my links?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2653 Mar 10, 2013
Hey Liner:

Note recent responses from both LuvVolt and Root.
What did I suggest earlier?
Is that maaking any more sense now?

Root claims I'm a poor sad liberal and goes into a load of misguided prose about that, all the while insisting he's never done no wrong---always the same tone.

LuvVolt now insists I'm a closet Volt hater, and assumes the role of resident psychologist along with a load of psychobabble to go along with it.
Always the same sort of "I'm the authority here and you're not" tone.

All the more reason not to get involves with what appear to be two of a kind.

A pair of narcissistic individuals trolling for targets.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2654 Mar 10, 2013
Liner:

FYI--Symptoms of Narcissism:

"Narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges.(Root and LucVolt)

Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships.(Root)

A lack of psychological awareness.(Both)

Difficulty with empathy.(Both)

Problems distinguishing the self from others.(Especially Root)

Hypersensitivity to any perceived insults or imagined insults.(Wow!! This is Root for sure)
Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt

Haughty spoken and/or body language. Luv Volt definitely)

Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them.(Root)

Detesting those who do not admire or agree with them.(Both)

Using or demeaning other people without considering the cost of doing so to stroke their egos.(Both)

Pretending to be more important than they really are.(Both)
Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements.(Both)

Claiming to be an "expert" at many things.(Both)

Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people.(Both)

Denial of remorse and gratitude.(Both).

What does this tell us about the people we`re dealing with…
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2655 Mar 10, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the Volt board?
Right here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/chevrolet-vo...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2656 Mar 10, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Volt did? How many cars did they sell last year? How many did Toyota sell last year. I'll wait while you take your shoes off.......
Hilarious

You donít have a clue about this industry. Six years is a drop in the bucket. BTW, where is the reasoning supporting your logic about ďselling the most or and how that spplies to GM or VW thought they would be #1 this year?Ē How about the statement you made about GM going BR because of car sales?Ē BTW you do know Volt is number one, right?

I can understand why you didnít answer. No need to answer now.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2657 Mar 10, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Liner, what's the point of continuing discussion with these ProVoltToyota haters.
Is there any point in continuing a never ending pissing match which is not gonna change--ever?
All these folks want is another excuse to keep the BS going, and by continuing to respond, it gives them what they need.
If they don't have anyone to bitch and moan at, chances are they'll soon get tired of talking to themselves.
Frankly, I'm really not interested in playing games with unreasonable people any longer.
Besides, with folks like Root and LuvVolt, in their twisted view of the world, it's always the other guy's fault no matter how the discussion goes.
Plus, there are a couple of wacko Volt haters who really don't add anything of value to these forums no matter what anyone says.
What'd ya think?
Still waiting for your example of my dirty hands in this conversation. Itís probably safe to say you donít have one.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2658 Mar 10, 2013
Advice for the lovelorn......

" An expectation is merely a resentment being regurgitated "

Another manifestation of narcissism.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2659 Mar 10, 2013
So you still donít have an example? This is good because it shows us all that you spoke without thinking and that is the perfect example of losing composure. This should aid in the direct assault on your silly accusations. Just admit it, you are liberal and that clouds your ability to accept reality. Admit toyota is the recall king. Do it.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2660 Mar 10, 2013
Root wrote:
So you still donít have an example? This is good because it shows us all that you spoke without thinking and that is the perfect example of losing composure. This should aid in the direct assault on your silly accusations. Just admit it, you are liberal and that clouds your ability to accept reality. Admit toyota is the recall king. Do it.
Wifey says:
rooty we all know that you have never learned how to read facts let alone study ...

and just like a narcissist you're so full of BS.

As a matter of fact and FYI...

Ford's 1996 recall of 7.9 million vehicles built between 1988 and 1993 for a faulty ignition module remains the largest recall in history.

But that didn't keep Ford from reporting $4.4 billion in profits during 1996 or a then-record $6.9 billion in profits during 1997...

and your obamamobile is fallowing in their foot steps today.

Too Funny.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2661 Mar 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
rooty we all know that you have never learned how to read facts let alone study ...

and just like a narcissist you're so full of BS.

As a matter of fact and FYI...

Ford's 1996 recall of 7.9 million vehicles built between 1988 and 1993 for a faulty ignition module remains the largest recall in history.

But that didn't keep Ford from reporting $4.4 billion in profits during 1996 or a then-record $6.9 billion in profits during 1997...

and your obamamobile is fallowing in their foot steps today.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

it's the boner strokers who fall in love with themselves so much they can't see what's real.

Too Funny.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2662 Mar 11, 2013
Narcissism is an unpleasant and difficult affliction to live with.
I pity those with it.
PS
The all time recall leader over the past decade or so is General Motors.
Ford is a close second.
Recall King, indeed.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2663 Mar 11, 2013
To Pete:

You're attempting to outmaneuver two posters with some emotional and psychological issues.
For that matter, who's to say we aren't all a little unstable, right?
Regardless, no man is a guarantor of his own sanity.

That said, I would encourage you to tone it down a bit, at least when dealing with those who you keep rebutting.
It really serves no purpose, other than to encourage them to keep the senseless repartee alive.
In other words, they feed on it--to them it's a contest, with no rules, other than to keep ahead of the other guy no matter what it takes.
It's an ego thing, born of inherent narcissism.

So think about maybe just sitting back and let things cool down a bit, OK?
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#2664 Mar 11, 2013
liner wrote:
I followed your link and the first story on that board is this one. I think I'll stay on the main automobile board. That way I can keep up to date on all cars. Thanks for the link though. From the looks of it you seem to be pretty mad and you don't like the Volt. What is the big deal?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2665 Mar 11, 2013
Subtly aggravating posts by posters using multiple usernames is common.
Those who do it and mask their ISPs may think it's clever, but it fools no one.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2666 Mar 11, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Subtly aggravating posts by posters using multiple usernames is common.
Those who do it and mask their ISPs may think it's clever, but it fools no one.
Good morning! Were you able to come up with examples of my ďdirty handsĒ in this conversation yet or was this just another one of those shoot from the hip accidents?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2667 Mar 11, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
Toyota tops 2012 recall list for 3rd time in 4 years
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/toyota-tops-2...
Toyota to hold world's biggest car recall in 16 years
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/toyota-hold-w...
1 million Toyotas recalled for wiper, airbag issues
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/1-million-toy...
Yes sir, Toyota was ranked Recall King again last year.

http://www.torquenews.com/1081/toyota-named-r...

But the main thing is this, just because Toyota is Recall King, that should help them build better cars in the future.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2668 Mar 11, 2013
Narcissism isn't pretty most of the time.
Pity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 35 min INFIDEL 546
Michigan tightens rules for childhood vaccinations 17 hr scs2011 2
UAW's Williams eyes Detroit 3 wage boost, downp... 23 hr reality is a crutch 1
auto glass repair and replacement (May '12) Tue kelsey compars 5
Senator blasts Uber for weak response to spy sc... Tue Sterkfontein Swar... 2
GM Problems - Are You Having Problems With Your... (Aug '08) Tue ricky 379
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) Tue lowejack 191