Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 20 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#2629 Mar 9, 2013
My claim of clean hands in this conversation is correct.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2630 Mar 9, 2013
Root wrote:
My claim of clean hands in this conversation is correct.
In your dreams, pal.
You are, without any doubt, one of the biggest instigators in this entire forum.
Fact!,,
And you don't have the guts or ontegrity to admit it.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2631 Mar 9, 2013
Name some examples of dirty hands in this conversation.
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2632 Mar 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it works like this: a commercial enterprise, say car manufacturing, is generally in business to make money. No other reason.**Correct**
A company that makes cars that most people want to buy, will generally sell the most number of those cars and thereby make the most money. Makes sense, doesn't it?**Incorrect** See GM – they went BR selling more cars than anyone.
If people don't like your cars, they won't buy them and you won't make any money,(see GM bankrupcy).
**Possibly, with the exception of your GM comment. Again they (GM) went BR selling more cars than anyone. This comment tells me you don’t know much about this industry.
Ergo, Toyota sells the most cars of any car manufacturer, so many people must like what Toyota makes. Makes sense, doesn't it?**To an extent it makes sense. So does the Wal-Mart, McDonald’s scenario. It doesn’t mean you’re better. It means you’re cheaper (usually). Also, if you study the industry you will find VW will soon move into Toyota’s spot.
The poster I replied to stated, "Some pressure for Toyota will create better cars". My opinion is, if Toyota is selling the most number of cars of any manufacturer, why would they be under any pressure to create better cars? Kind of a dumb statement to make in my opinion.** Well it works like this, I can’t speak for the other poster but I agree with what he said. If Toyota gets pressure they should make better cars. Problem is it’s not working for them. Have you noticed all the quality problems? Every month it’s something different, literally. Also, by your logic (which is flawed) you would also have to apply that to GM. Are you telling me for 70 years, you believe GM made the best cars because they sold the most? No Way
"Problem is it’s not working for them. Have you noticed all the quality problems? Every month it’s something different, literally."

Quality problems have been addressed. Which is why Toyota is the best selling car manufacturer in the world. No way to spin that. VW thought they would have bypassed Toyota last year. Fact is they didn't and until they do, they haven't. And they are NOT on track to do so this year.
Face it, you're just a GM apologist. You really need to learn to read more about the industry than just GM PR dreck.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2633 Mar 9, 2013
Take my response to that worthless challenge any way you choose.
Simply put, I can't be bothered.
Not because there isn't loads of evidence out there.
Primarily because it's not worth wasting time on someone who will never admit to culpability, even when the evidence is right in his face.
You're history.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2634 Mar 9, 2013
Wifey says:
OK lets get back to the facts here...

There was a study somewhere that found- "only those with clean hands buy Toyota and Hondas"...

and they are the best sellers.

Too funny.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2635 Mar 9, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
OK lets get back to the facts here...

There was a study somewhere that found- "only those with clean hands buy Toyota and Hondas"...

and they are the best sellers.

Too funny.
That's very true...

Therefore Toyota and Honda are the best cars made because they sell the most to only those with clean hands.

all others are on welfare and buy the domestics.

Too Funny.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2636 Mar 9, 2013
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and it's like saying that anyone who buys a gov motors enjoys fleecing the Tax Payers.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2637 Mar 9, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
"Problem is it’s not working for them. Have you noticed all the quality problems? Every month it’s something different, literally."
Quality problems have been addressed. Which is why Toyota is the best selling car manufacturer in the world. No way to spin that. VW thought they would have bypassed Toyota last year. Fact is they didn't and until they do, they haven't. And they are NOT on track to do so this year.
Face it, you're just a GM apologist. You really need to learn to read more about the industry than just GM PR dreck.
You are absolutely wrong. Toyota’s quality problems continue. Three of the last four years the title went to toyota. Did you catch the last million? Toyota is the recall king (quality problems) and at this rate they will win that title again this year.

Now that we have that out of the way, you failed to address your pooh pooh statement about GM. By the way, I don’t even own a GM product. Nada –

Maybe you should actually read more about the industry. PS – VW will take over the top spot, just like Volt did.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2638 Mar 9, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Take my response to that worthless challenge any way you choose.
Simply put, I can't be bothered.
Not because there isn't loads of evidence out there.
Primarily because it's not worth wasting time on someone who will never admit to culpability, even when the evidence is right in his face.
You're history.
Haha you were challenged to provide evidence of dirty hands in this conversation and you could not. Rather we get this sob story. HA!

History my bottom!

Fail
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2639 Mar 9, 2013
Oh Limer, since when did VW think they were going to pass toyota last year? They are on track to hit that goal in 18 and they will. Best update your magazine subscriptions. lol

When you want the facts, come to me.

Disclaimer - I don't own VW products either.
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#2640 Mar 10, 2013
One of the reasons we turned away from Toyota was recalls. Our Prius served us well but come on. That car spent many hours at the dealer. They just don't make them like they use to.
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2641 Mar 10, 2013
Root wrote:
Oh Limer, since when did VW think they were going to pass toyota last year? They are on track to hit that goal in 18 and they will. Best update your magazine subscriptions. lol
When you want the facts, come to me.
Disclaimer - I don't own VW products either.
Oh come on, 2018? That's a century in the car business. And trust me, with the stuff you post on here, you're the LAST one I'd come to for auto industry information!
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2642 Mar 10, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely wrong. Toyota’s quality problems continue. Three of the last four years the title went to toyota. Did you catch the last million? Toyota is the recall king (quality problems) and at this rate they will win that title again this year.
Now that we have that out of the way, you failed to address your pooh pooh statement about GM. By the way, I don’t even own a GM product. Nada –
Maybe you should actually read more about the industry. PS – VW will take over the top spot, just like Volt did.
Just like Volt did? How many cars did they sell last year? How many did Toyota sell last year. I'll wait while you take your shoes off.......
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2643 Mar 10, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Volt did? How many cars did they sell last year? How many did Toyota sell last year. I'll wait while you take your shoes off.......
Liner, what's the point of continuing discussion with these ProVoltToyota haters.
Is there any point in continuing a never ending pissing match which is not gonna change--ever?
All these folks want is another excuse to keep the BS going, and by continuing to respond, it gives them what they need.
If they don't have anyone to bitch and moan at, chances are they'll soon get tired of talking to themselves.
Frankly, I'm really not interested in playing games with unreasonable people any longer.
Besides, with folks like Root and LuvVolt, in their twisted view of the world, it's always the other guy's fault no matter how the discussion goes.
Plus, there are a couple of wacko Volt haters who really don't add anything of value to these forums no matter what anyone says.
What'd ya think?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2644 Mar 10, 2013
Liner, from now on, when I see someone on here who shows any semblance of seeking rational and objective discussion (folks like you, Tom Loy,etc.), I will consider trading info with them.
But for those who hang out here for the exclusive purpose to flaunt their bias, goad others into pointless go nowhere brinksmanship, or simply disrupt forums with nonsense, I'm not buying.
Any thoughts?
Jim Smatters

Oklahoma City, OK

#2645 Mar 10, 2013
I think you are all quite testy. Let's look at the situation another way. Some people like the Volt and some don't. So if you like the Volt great, share your stories. If you dont like the Volt why are you here posting about it?
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2646 Mar 10, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
I think you are all quite testy. Let's look at the situation another way. Some people like the Volt and some don't. So if you like the Volt great, share your stories. If you dont like the Volt why are you here posting about it?
Right. One would think they'd be on the Volt board.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2647 Mar 10, 2013
Wifey says:
OK back to Facts only again today.

Even after both Toyota and Nissan have stopped the manufacture of and claimed there is no market for EVs because they are far too impractical when compared to gas-driven in today's world ...

it is only GE and the fed who have bought any obamamobiles so far anyhow , not real people...

as all the rest sit on the dealers lots to be claimed as sales but yet, unsold...

and it continues to be done so gov motors can fleece the Tax Payers by using the obamamobile sales so they can claim both "sales and job growth" (sic).

Now, it's even they who are finding out there is no market for the gasoline-driven electric golf carts...

that are proven "fire traps" to boot.

Too Funny
Pete

Sparta, MI

#2648 Mar 10, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
OK back to Facts only again today.

Even after both Toyota and Nissan have stopped the manufacture of and claimed there is no market for EVs because they are far too impractical when compared to gas-driven in today's world ...

it is only GE and the fed who have bought any obamamobiles so far anyhow , not real people...

as all the rest sit on the dealers lots to be claimed as sales but yet, unsold...

and it continues to be done so gov motors can fleece the Tax Payers by using the obamamobile sales so they can claim both "sales and job growth" (sic).

Now, it's even they who are finding out there is no market for the gasoline-driven electric golf carts...

that are proven "fire traps" to boot.

Too Funny
That's very true...

Therefore, it's Toyota and Honda who are the best cars made because they sell the most ...

to only those with clean hands mind you...

and all others follow them and are on welfare only buy the domestics.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hans Greimel: Detroit has little to gain from f... Mon reality is a crutch 1
pontiac bonneville rain water leaks into interior (Dec '08) Sat slo_ride 16
News It’s a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) May 1 Not the Windsor R... 1,147
Nasty Canadian Jap Car News May 1 Not So Nasty Cana... 20
News Andreas Lubitz running Apr 30 Deo Vindice 2
News Toyota recalls even MORE Junk-1.3 million ORIENTAL (Jan '09) Apr 29 Leagle Beagle 362
News Obama: Riot 'hurts communities' already suffering' Apr 29 fedupwiththemess 1
More from around the web