Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: JJFADS | Full story: taintedgreen.com

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Comments
2,461 - 2,480 of 9,213 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was my opinion about certain car models and who I perceive they are marketed to. Has nothing to do with the political bent of their creators or conservative governments. And I think using less gas is a great thing.
Then why is the Volt not a conservative car? The car is marketed to 80% of all Americans. According to the last census, 80% of all Americans drive less than 40 miles a day.

That is why the Volt was built with that range in mind. In fact, within a few years, the battery will weigh 1/2 as much as they do now and cost 1/2 as much. One would think that they will make a Volt with an 80 mile range, but GM intends to keep it at 40 miles. The car will weigh much less and cost less, but the average American can still drive in full electric. That makes sense.

There is no political agenda here. It's called making money. Many conservatives hate the Volt because they were told to by Rush & Fox. George Bush Sr. doesn't listen to those people because he bought one, and so are many conservatives.

To say that GM targeted liberals is saying they cut their nose to spite their face.

Once again, 5 years ago, Fox, O'Reilly and friends loved the Volt concept and electrics and hybrids and government subsidies and credits for them.

http://www.youtube.com/results...

George Bush Sr. & Jr. signed the credits & subsidies for them.

This is a conservative car. It uses less gas. That is the only thing that makes it conservative. If somebody who hates liberals doesn't want to save big money on his or her gasoline bill, that doesn't make it a liberal car. Your reasoning makes no sense.

It is the conservatives that made it a "liberals" car because they hate the man in office. They loved the Bushes when they signed the subsidies.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary JJFADS, I have repeatedly spoken out about the silliness going on, regardless of which side of the issues.
Many times directly to you in fact.
You are either blind, or deliberately ignoring the reality here.
Regardless, that was a cheap, tacky, and unwarranted shot!
Just scroll back 2 or 3 pages at all my posts. I always give links to facts when I answer people.

Anybody can say this sucks or that sucks. And the two children you defend do exactly that. I think you can go back 40 or 50 pages on this thread and not find one link from either one.

So one little poem about them once in a while to point out their lack of substance is not an attack. If I wanted to attack them, I would answer their posts incessantly as they do mine.

When I post something with links those 2 attack me. But I never answer but with a little humor, and only once in a long while.

Once again, you may have posted that there is too much silliness going on here, but you have never told those two directly. However, you have confronted me directly. They attack me 20 times for every 1 little poetic humor I sent their way. I expect you to reprimand them in the future, or just shut up when I send them a little poem.

Once again. Take your own advice and start talking cars and facts. I will happily answer anything you bring up.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Our last car was a Prius though we sold it privately. Love our Volt also.
Believe me. I am not putting down the Prius. I have ridden in a few. I planned to buy one and convert it to a plug in electric. A little company about 5 miles from my house converted their Prius fleet to plug ins. Those plug ins actually got more pure E miles than Toyota's plug in.

That little company .... Apple. We are talking about 8 years ago. That is how long I have been sizing up plug ins.

I like driving in pure E most of the time. I don't have to own two cars, and neither do Prius owners, but the Prius uses too much gas for me.

What sold me was the ride. I owned 2 beautiful Seville's and they were my babies. Wouldn't trade my Volt for both of them.

The Volt weighs only 230 less than my STS. It's smoother and quiter than the Cadillacs.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

The Profiler wrote:
<quoted text>
You change your name to "VoltShill#1" Your BS is getting old and boring. You remind us all of the Joseph Goebbels quote:“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
Did you like the video I made for you profiler? Did you like my "bs" numbers? My 2013 miles are now at 1,400 and I still have only used 1.2 gallons of gas. That's a lie?

I do have to buy 2 gallons of gas this week-end though. Have to take the 90 mile round-trip to my sons house in Dublin, CA. Darn! That will be 8 gallons of gas purchased since I bought the car. And who is "all" of you. You place yourself in company with the children?

Remember what I told you. When the Chinese have about 350 million more cars and India has another 100 million, gas will cost $8 a gallon. The full sized 100 mpg Via Motors Pick up and SUV should be affordable. But remember .... it is Volt technology.

http://www.china.org.cn/business/2012-02/13/c...

I'll make you another video in about 4 months. Happy motoring.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I never liked Prius for its design, it has a very bad looking in my opinion. I'm glad to see this. Some pressure for Toyota will create better cars...
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just scroll back 2 or 3 pages at all my posts. I always give links to facts when I answer people.
Anybody can say this sucks or that sucks. And the two children you defend do exactly that. I think you can go back 40 or 50 pages on this thread and not find one link from either one.
So one little poem about them once in a while to point out their lack of substance is not an attack. If I wanted to attack them, I would answer their posts incessantly as they do mine.
When I post something with links those 2 attack me. But I never answer but with a little humor, and only once in a long while.
Once again, you may have posted that there is too much silliness going on here, but you have never told those two directly. However, you have confronted me directly. They attack me 20 times for every 1 little poetic humor I sent their way. I expect you to reprimand them in the future, or just shut up when I send them a little poem.
Once again. Take your own advice and start talking cars and facts. I will happily answer anything you bring up.
(1) The post you responded to was not directed to you.
(2) I have not defended "those two children" ever.
(3) I have repeatedly pleaded for civility here for many months.
4) You have no right nor any authority to insist that anyone "shut up".
(5) Many of my posts over time have been about "cars and facts".
(6) Enough of your telling anyone what or what not to do here, please.
(7) Your long winded and self righteous posts are intentionally provoking, so please spare us the excuses.
(8) And your so called "facts" are more often personal views, conjecture, and presumption.
liner

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Pauleta852 wrote:
I never liked Prius for its design, it has a very bad looking in my opinion. I'm glad to see this. Some pressure for Toyota will create better cars...
So it has a very bad looking? Bad looking what?
Trust me, Toyota doesn't need any pressure to create better cars.....they are the biggest selling car maker in the world.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct. The children can post over and over and over, you might get one response. Now, if a pro Volt person does something it gets immediate attention. It’s so very easy to see.

Look at this thread for numerous examples:

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/T7DV603PTNOG...
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

liner wrote:
<quoted text>
So it has a very bad looking? Bad looking what?
Trust me, Toyota doesn't need any pressure to create better cars.....they are the biggest selling car maker in the world.
Being the biggest does not make you the best. Look at McDonald’s, Wal-Mart, GM etc. And to support the other poster, I would say the car is rather funny looking. Of course that’s my opinion but I am entitled to it without having to hear “but they’re the biggest” from people like you that don’t agree with the way other people feel. Why the aggression?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) The post you responded to was not directed to you.
(2) I have not defended "those two children" ever.
(3) I have repeatedly pleaded for civility here for many months.
4) You have no right nor any authority to insist that anyone "shut up".
(5) Many of my posts over time have been about "cars and facts".
(6) Enough of your telling anyone what or what not to do here, please.
(7) Your long winded and self righteous posts are intentionally provoking, so please spare us the excuses.
(8) And your so called "facts" are more often personal views, conjecture, and presumption.
You don’t defend them? You do the same thing to me as you do with Love Volt. You confront me directly all the time just as you are doing to Love Volt. Meanwhile the children continue.

You call names and act terribly by masking it. Then you revert back to some weak excuse “but you have done it before.”

You never look forward, only back just itching to bring up something that was said in the past and nothing that was said in the present. You used the word “fool” yesterday, attempting to describe someone that tries to level the playing field by saying positive things about the Volt. Even worse you did this in response to an individual that was totally out of line, calling names and so forth. Typical tactics. You have the nerve to tell this guy something? Please!

You’re a liberal and you use liberal tactics. It’s old and tired. You think all makers are the same. No car sucks, and no car is the best. It’s all about fake fairness with you as you so eloquently tippy toe the line, never taking a firm stand on anything of real merit. That’s who you are.

You talk about cars? HA! Again, level the field. We’ll talk about toyota’s recalls and the fact that their number one in recalls. You come in with some other crap “but Honda or Ford” blah blah. Who cares? Say it, say “Toyota is number one in recalls.” You won’t do it and that in itself proves that you have no back bone. You’re consumed by your liberal ideas of equality. Life is not like that.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Root, here's a few facts:
(1) There are about three ant Volt threads in this Topix board.
(2) There are about 25 pro Volt threads in this Topix board.
(3) The most prominent poster by far in the pro Volt threads is you Root.
(4) there are virtually hundreds of anti Toyota threads in this Topix board.
(5) The most prominent poster by far in all the anti Toyota threads is you Root.
(6) Many posts in the anti Toyota threads are quite nasty attacks and crude insults against others.
(7 The most prominent offensive posts in the anti Toyota threads have your name on them Root.

So is this a different Root now complaining about others aggression?
Are there two different Roots in Shreveport Louisiana?
Is It a Root rule here to behave badly and then criticize others for doing the same?
Is a double standard allowed for some but not others?

Answers requested.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Root wrote:
<quoted text>You don’t defend them? You do the same thing to me as you do with Love Volt. You confront me directly all the time just as you are doing to Love Volt. Meanwhile the children continue.
You call names and act terribly by masking it. Then you revert back to some weak excuse “but you have done it before.”
You never look forward, only back just itching to bring up something that was said in the past and nothing that was said in the present. You used the word “fool” yesterday, attempting to describe someone that tries to level the playing field by saying positive things about the Volt. Even worse you did this in response to an individual that was totally out of line, calling names and so forth. Typical tactics. You have the nerve to tell this guy something? Please!
You’re a liberal and you use liberal tactics. It’s old and tired. You think all makers are the same. No car sucks, and no car is the best. It’s all about fake fairness with you as you so eloquently tippy toe the line, never taking a firm stand on anything of real merit. That’s who you are.
You talk about cars? HA! Again, level the field. We’ll talk about toyota’s recalls and the fact that their number one in recalls. You come in with some other crap “but Honda or Ford” blah blah. Who cares? Say it, say “Toyota is number one in recalls.” You won’t do it and that in itself proves that you have no back bone. You’re consumed by your liberal ideas of equality. Life is not like that.
More facts Root:

(1) I rarely respond to those children because it would simply result in more of their nonsense. Evidently you seem to believe your equally childish responses will stop them. Duh!!!!
(2) Re looking back at your past idiocy. There's a very well known adage "those who ignore history are doomed to have it repeated".
(3) Re me being a liberal. Pure conjecture my friend. Those who stereotype others when they've never met them are simply fools lashing out irresponsibly.
(4) You are the most prolific anti Toyota and pro Volt poster in this entire Topix board, by far. Do you really believe that accomplishes anything worthwhile-- except stroking your own ego?
(5) Do you or Luvmyvolt truly believe that posting the same old same old day in and day out serves any worthwhile purpose?
(6) Do you or Luvmyvolt truly believe others who come here to discuss other issues don't get tired of hearing you two bragging about how you love the Volt so passionately-- ad nauseum?

Rational answers please(if able)!!
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

One more fact Root:

The main reason you and Luvmyvolt are targets of my criticism is because I had hoped each of you possessed enough maturity to at least consider what you do here and that responding to all the foolishness won't really change anything.
Obviously I was mistaken.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

You’ve admitted in these forums having more of a liberal approach and your writings support that.

Ignoring and repeating history is completely different than you reverting back “but you did it.” Leave history in the past.

You posting things like “fool and idiocy” doesn’t help either. nor does calling someone a three dollar bill, though you claim not to have known. Suggesting homosexuals are treated well in “your part of the country” does not bode well for you either. Your hands are just as dirty.

Another thing, all those rude posts you speak of (history) were always in response to rude posts. I would never write any of those things normally. You would never hear that type of thing here if it weren’t for the hatred some have toward America’s automobiles.

The only reason people talk about toyota’s problems dates back years before you got here. That’s all this was – a place to trash domestic automobiles. Nobody came here to hear that. Now the tables have turned. Now toytota is the recall king. Guess what? They don’t like it.
If there were no anti American posts there would be no anti toyota posts period! Try it and see.

If I or anyone else wants to talk about how much they like the Volt, who cares? Why does that anger people? Why don’t those people move along if they don’t like the happiness? This thread is absolutely a pro Volt thread. It’s not a pro Leaf thread or a let’s give some love to prius thread. So I find it very hard to believe that someone would stumble across a pro Volt thread and become upset or butt-hurt because people are saying positive things about the Volt or repeating those sentiments over and over. Hurts no one. Ther's a Toyota forum set up just for Toyota love yet the Toyota lovers want to post here on the main auto forum threads. Well, if you hate the Volt love, go to the toyota forum and discuss toyota love there. Geez!

Just for everyone, this is the main auto board:

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Root, regardless of what you infer are my values, liberal or otherwise, you are in no position to judge others.
Claiming your values as being above others is sheer arrogance--most likely borne of insecurity.
And if you truly believe your professed standards are the rule to judge others by, then you truly are a fool.
Whatever my values and beliefs might be, I'm quite comfortable with them, they are none of your business, and it's not within your purview to judge or belittle them.
Frankly, you disappoint me.
You have stooped pretty low in the past, but this time you went way beyond.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

I didn’t judge you. You are the one that said that’s what you are and those are the feelings that guide your writings. I don’t care what you are. What matters to me is the fact that you don’t act equally when it comes to taking a stand and that I believe is caused by your thought process. And again there you go again with the name calling (clean hands?) based on something you assume.

Could care less if you’re a liberal or a communist
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

"Claiming your values as being above others"
Never happened

Interestingly the question is what flavor breath is it that spurts such loving and tender words of kindness, equality and caring?

sheer arrogance--
most likely borne of insecurity.
then you truly are a fool.

Or have some become exactly what they fight so strongly against?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Back later
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Root wrote:
I didn’t judge you. You are the one that said that’s what you are and those are the feelings that guide your writings. I don’t care what you are. What matters to me is the fact that you don’t act equally when it comes to taking a stand and that I believe is caused by your thought process. And again there you go again with the name calling (clean hands?) based on something you assume.
Could care less if you’re a liberal or a communist
Root, You never cease to disappoint.
If you "could care less" then why did you bring it up in the first place?
And yes, I do take a stand, and have done so many times.
You obviously chose to ignore it,or it was beyond your comprehension whenever it was there.
It's been in your face from the git go.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Root wrote:
Back later
Root, obviously you've gone too far anyway.
Why not just stay there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Arizona to get unaccompanied immigrant youths 52 min Memo From Turner 49
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 1 hr DNF 1,747
Lockheed Martin has a unique opportunity with H... 2 hr Flyer 1
How are you with Ford !? 14 hr ExFord 1
New Experience !? Tue ForestTown 2
Poll: GOP, tea party unfavorables at all-time h... (Oct '13) Tue mjjcpa 112
LINCOLN vs CADILLAC: Which is better??? (Jan '08) Mon LincolnBitch 242
•••

Buy a New Car