Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11778 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

observer

Medinah, IL

#2509 Mar 2, 2013
Root wrote:
Very glad to see the Volt #1 in its class, beating its competition.
I have observed that you keep repeating yourself kind of like a robot.Are you a member of a cult sir?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2510 Mar 2, 2013
It's just wonderful to see the Volt retain its #1 position. Happiness to all.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2511 Mar 2, 2013
Root isn't a robot---at least I don't think he is.
But it is correct to note that he does keep repeating himself.
Why Root does that is a mystery.
Perhaps he sees it as kind of a service to mankind--who knows what motivates that kind of bizarre conduct.
I find it odd that Root one one hand advocates ignoring those who he sees as obstructionist, yet on the other hand he does exactly what he advocates against.
Strange.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2512 Mar 2, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you only attack those that like the Volt. Links to facts are not propaganda. They are facts. For instance, in an earlier post, you stated that the Volt was losing big money on each sale and I sent you links to prove you wrong. The Volt is making a profit on each sale. The R&D is being spread out to other cars and will be recouped in 3 years. Facts.
When one hater said that Volt sales tanked in January, I provided 3 links to show that European car sales in the US dropped to an 8 year low in January. In fact all car sales tanked. So you call me pointing out that fact propaganda? You need to clear your mind. Picking and choosing is trolling.
And you should talk. Go back to your first post and read all of them until now. At least my poems to Des Plaines are in jest and funny. He's just a kid on his parents computer. If you can't see that, you're a poor judge of character.
Also, go back to January 24 and read your posts. Talk about taking personal shots!!! Here you are casting stones. And that was just one day. There are many more. Who retired and left you in charge?
If you want to go one on one on facts alone about the Volt, I am more than willing to do that. I await. But don't think for a minute that if I answer you with facts that it is propaganda.
(1) I only oppose those who attack me with rude,crude, obscene, and ethnic slurs. My record is clear on that.
(2) I bear no ill will toward anyone who supports Volt, as long as it's done civilly. I have often supported the Volt as a good product and sincerely hope it succeeds. I believe all automakers have their strengths and weaknesses equally.
(3) I respect factual discussions, and will always respond objectively to them. That said, links to media comments aren't always factual. Furthermore, when the same "facts" are repeated incessantly, their relevance is diluted to the point of propaganda, and that's the point I tried to make in using the word.
(4) the main reason I posted that earlier commentary was to appeal for an end to the silliness which seems to have taken over here
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2513 Mar 2, 2013
I'm just delghted at Volt's number one position. Happiness to all.
cult expert

Medinah, IL

#2514 Mar 2, 2013
Root wrote:
I'm just delghted at Volt's number one position. Happiness to all.
Ok rooty,Now follow the watch as it swings back and forth. Repeat after me, " I'm just delighted at volt's number one position,Happieness to all". Good zombie!!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2515 Mar 2, 2013
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/70s-Classic-TV-Show-Fa... $T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igtmYBQPGiOc3C !~~60_35.JPG
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2516 Mar 2, 2013
I'm delighted at the success of the Volt. Happiness to all. De Plane! De Plane!
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2517 Mar 2, 2013
obamamobiles have no sales...

they are all just added costs to obamas already 6 $BILLION$ deficit.

Keep laughing rooty.

rooty =#1 forum imbecile.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2518 Mar 2, 2013
Pete wrote:

Keep laughing rooty.

Too Funny.
Wifey says:
You mean to say 6 $TRIILION$ deficit...

and 6 $BILLION$ TARP...

while rooty picks his nose.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2519 Mar 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
You mean to say 6 $TRIILION$ deficit...

and 6 $BILLION$ TARP...

while rooty picks his nose.
Yes that's very true...

Since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009, more than $6 trillion dollars has been added to the national debt.

Thank you dear.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2520 Mar 2, 2013
Pete wrote:
Yes that's very true...

Since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009, more than $6 trillion dollars has been added to the national debt.

Thank you dear.
Wifey says:
...and it's the largest increase to date under any U.S. president. During the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush, the debt soared by $4.9 trillion.
observer

Medinah, IL

#2521 Mar 3, 2013
Pete wrote:
Keep laughing rooty.
Too Funny.
Rooty wants to go to k-mart and buy some fruit of the loon shorts.He says he has ten dollars to spend.Long as he gets home on time to watch his soaps!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2522 Mar 3, 2013
I am so happy at Volt's #1 position. Happiness to all.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2523 Mar 3, 2013
observer wrote:
<quoted text> Rooty wants to go to k-mart and buy some fruit of the loon shorts.He says he has ten dollars to spend.Long as he gets home on time to watch his soaps!!!
Wifey says:
He isn't allowed out of his moms basement...

and seemingly sits there all day long sucking his thumb...

and waiting for his mom to take him to Kmart once a month...

to buy his candy yea.

Too Funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2524 Mar 3, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) I only oppose those who attack me with rude,crude, obscene, and ethnic slurs. My record is clear on that.
(2) I bear no ill will toward anyone who supports Volt, as long as it's done civilly. I have often supported the Volt as a good product and sincerely hope it succeeds. I believe all automakers have their strengths and weaknesses equally.
(3) I respect factual discussions, and will always respond objectively to them. That said, links to media comments aren't always factual. Furthermore, when the same "facts" are repeated incessantly, their relevance is diluted to the point of propaganda, and that's the point I tried to make in using the word.
(4) the main reason I posted that earlier commentary was to appeal for an end to the silliness which seems to have taken over here
Again, you commented that the Volt was losing tons of money per sale. When in fact, they are making a profit. You could have only seen that number at a haters site. So, for you to say that media comments aren't always factual is correct. Many respected financial groups have crapped on the Reuters article about the Volt losing money per sale. Reuters had an agenda. They hate the Volt. They hate Obama.

Here is one final point I will make here.

All over these threads, people refer to the Volt as the Obamamobile. Nothing could be further from the truth. George Bush Sr. & Jr. both signed into law the subsidies and credits for all electrics. Not just the Volt.

Here's some proof. I have tons of these. 1 1/2 years ago, there would have been 25 haters to 1 Volt lover. Makes one study.

As stated, I may be obsessive, but I am not delusional.

Presidents Bush sign in tax credits & subsidies for electric cars:

EPAct 1992 established tax incentives for the purchase of electric vehicles and "clean-fuel vehicles," including alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (Section 1341) significantly expanded and extended the vehicle purchase incentives, establishing tax credits for the purchase of fuel cell, hybrid, alternative fuel, and advanced diesel vehicles.

This act, H.R.776.ENR, was first signed by George Bush Sr. It requires certain fleets to produce alternative fueled and electric vehicles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Ac...

The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 established a tax credit for the purchase of plug-in vehicles, both pure electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids (i.e., gasoline/electric hybrid vehicles that can fuel on gasoline or be recharged from the electric grid.) For passenger vehicles, the credit is a maximum of $7,500, depending on the vehicle's battery capacity. After sales of vehicles eligible for the credit exceed a total of 250,000 for all manufacturers, the credit is phased out.[Congressional Research Service, 2/4/10]

President Bush signed the bill on October 3, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Econom...

The Bill:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1...

Go to:
TITLE II--TRANSPORTATION AND DOMESTIC FUEL SECURITY PROVISIONS

section 205 is within this link. It concerns the tax credit for new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles. Dated September 29, 2008.

http://books.google.com/books...
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2525 Mar 3, 2013
Proteus wrote:
Root isn't a robot---at least I don't think he is.
But it is correct to note that he does keep repeating himself.
Why Root does that is a mystery.
Perhaps he sees it as kind of a service to mankind--who knows what motivates that kind of bizarre conduct.
I find it odd that Root one one hand advocates ignoring those who he sees as obstructionist, yet on the other hand he does exactly what he advocates against.
Strange.
Stick to facts. Don't attack people and don't defend people that attack others.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2526 Mar 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wifey says:
Yea facts only in this forum...

the sub-primes and TARPS are losers for a reason...

just like rooty and his little tinkerbell whining in here.

Too Funny.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2527 Mar 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasonable.
Works both ways tho'.
Not sure why you point only in my direction.
Normally don't start trouble, but when it comes my way,it goes back in kind (but without the profanity, rude, crude,ethnic slurs, etc)
History is clear on that score.
That's a fact.
Now let's stick to car talk, OK?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2528 Mar 3, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you commented that the Volt was losing tons of money per sale. When in fact, they are making a profit. You could have only seen that number at a haters site. So, for you to say that media comments aren't always factual is correct. Many respected financial groups have crapped on the Reuters article about the Volt losing money per sale. Reuters had an agenda. They hate the Volt. They hate Obama.
Here is one final point I will make here.
All over these threads, people refer to the Volt as the Obamamobile. Nothing could be further from the truth. George Bush Sr. & Jr. both signed into law the subsidies and credits for all electrics. Not just the Volt.
Here's some proof. I have tons of these. 1 1/2 years ago, there would have been 25 haters to 1 Volt lover. Makes one study.
As stated, I may be obsessive, but I am not delusional.
Presidents Bush sign in tax credits & subsidies for electric cars:
EPAct 1992 established tax incentives for the purchase of electric vehicles and "clean-fuel vehicles," including alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 (Section 1341) significantly expanded and extended the vehicle purchase incentives, establishing tax credits for the purchase of fuel cell, hybrid, alternative fuel, and advanced diesel vehicles.
This act, H.R.776.ENR, was first signed by George Bush Sr. It requires certain fleets to produce alternative fueled and electric vehicles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Ac...
The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 established a tax credit for the purchase of plug-in vehicles, both pure electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids (i.e., gasoline/electric hybrid vehicles that can fuel on gasoline or be recharged from the electric grid.) For passenger vehicles, the credit is a maximum of $7,500, depending on the vehicle's battery capacity. After sales of vehicles eligible for the credit exceed a total of 250,000 for all manufacturers, the credit is phased out.[Congressional Research Service, 2/4/10]
President Bush signed the bill on October 3, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Econom...
The Bill:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1...
Go to:
TITLE II--TRANSPORTATION AND DOMESTIC FUEL SECURITY PROVISIONS
section 205 is within this link. It concerns the tax credit for new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles. Dated September 29, 2008.
http://books.google.com/books...
Your first paragraph is mostly conjecture and presumption---very little if any fact.
The rest of the piece says a lot but means little to me, because it should be directed to those who make the comments you've taken issue with.
I have never said things which you allude to.
Once more, for the record....
I am NOT a Volt hater!! I have repeatedly praised that vehicle as a great product, and hope that it will be a success story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Stewart's Having A Rough Few Weeks Thu BetPhartse 8
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Dec 9 Anon 318
News ZF Ceo Sommer steps down after losing power str... Dec 8 Solarman 1
OBDSTAR H100 vs. F100 Ford Mazda key programmer Dec 7 Ambrosio 1
News Here's Chevrolet's fastest, most powerful Corve... Dec 5 Vett owner 1
What do you think of the new Lambo SUV? The Urus. Dec 4 Ak47d 1
News 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (Oct '07) Dec 4 ragtopman 23
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Sep '17 willburr555 5
More from around the web