Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#2448 Feb 21, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing was going to happen with Fisker anyway.
I know but the idea of the Chinese getting it bothers me. Those technologies should stay with the people that created them.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2449 Feb 21, 2013
scientist wrote:
<quoted text> DAH,The last time I checked 235 is a farther distance than 45.You got some fuzzy math there captain!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Request permission to jump over board SIR!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!
Des Plaines, Des Plaines,
Your nose keeps growing.
Facts just aren't on your menu.

You'd better keep
That Ford Fairlane
Come the day that when you

Buy your precious Tesla S,
You'll still need a second car,
100K you're going to pay,
And still won't go very far.

120 out, 120 back,
That will be your limit,
You'll sit and cry and wonder why,
So much cash you had to forfeit.

So keep the Ford, that ugly car,
Should you ever want to roam,
Ahhh, but alas, you won't go far,
Your money has been blown.

So, hey dude. I thought I'd update you on my travels. Since I sent you this YouTube link,

I've driven another 106 miles. That brings my 2013 total to 920 with only 1.2 gallons of gas used. Wow. That's 460 mpg. Nothing compared to your phantom Tesla that gets 1,000,000 mpg.

I know what you're thinking. That sure isn't very many miles. Well ... it is winter and not much music happening. Plus, don't forget that I am retired. That means, all my miles are FUN MILES.

When your parents start charging you rent and you have to get a job, you'll find out what un-fun miles are. Sure, you'll be putting on many more miles than I do, but they will be UN-FUN!

Ahhh ... am I rubbing it in too much again? Sorry dude. Turn off your computer or you may miss the school bus.

Wait ... wait .... I just took a 30 second laughing break.

Later gator.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2450 Feb 21, 2013
Hilarious

De Plane! De Plane!

Tattoo spots the plane.

I remember it.

De Tesla! De Tesla!

scientist

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2451 Feb 21, 2013
Da volt,Da volt, Hey boss Da volt is out of juice!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2452 Feb 21, 2013
Jim Smatters

United States

#2453 Feb 21, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I know but the idea of the Chinese getting it bothers me. Those technologies should stay with the people that created them.
China will continue to buy up anything they can get their hands on. Until the USA changes her ways you can expect more of the same. A123, Fisker, Tesla, Sondra etc. are all pie in the sky dream ideas that either don't work or will not work in a business climate such as ours.
Volts for Dolts

Newtown, CT

#2454 Feb 21, 2013
scientist wrote:
<quoted text> Whats next are they gonna tax people with solar panels on their roofs? Then if you ride your pedal bike to work they will throw a sidewalk tax on ya.Im ready to move to canada with alec baldwin!!!!
They should tax electric car and solar panel, the taxpayers deserve a return on their investment.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2455 Feb 21, 2013
GM is using subprime to move cars out the doors but it won’t last forever...

and eventually the music is going to stop and they will all go back to where we found them before the bailout.

Too funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2457 Feb 21, 2013
Pete wrote:
GM is using subprime to move cars out the doors but it won’t last forever...

and eventually the music is going to stop and they will all go back to where we found them before the bailout.

Too funny.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

and the gov motors volt is the #1 subprimie in this country...

and the whole world.

Too Funny.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2458 Feb 21, 2013
Volts for Dolts wrote:
<quoted text>
They should tax electric car and solar panel, the taxpayers deserve a return on their investment.
According to Fox News, the total amount for all electrics was $6.5 billion, or $11 per tax payer.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/09/el...

That is for all electrics. Now, considering that GM's share was less than half of that, and considering that the Voltec system is being spread to about 4 or 5 cars now, your share for my Volt is about $1. That is a one time payment you made. Give me your address and I'll send it to you.

However, we spend $650 billion a year on defense. Or, about $2,000 per tax payer. That is a payment I make every year. About 70% of that money is to send our military to oil rich countries. That is not a coincidence.

That means that I pay much, much more in taxes to keep the gas in your car from running out. Throw in the subsidies given to big oil, and we are talking gobs of money compared to the paltry $6.5 billion electric cars received. So, I think we're even. At least I don't complain about it. Serve your country, pay your taxes and quit complaining.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2459 Feb 21, 2013
Root wrote:
Hilarious
De Plane! De Plane!
Tattoo spots the plane.
I remember it.
De Tesla! De Tesla!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1x_QbVDlLbIXX
That's probably what he looks like. When he first started trolling around here, his location was Des Plaines, IL.

He then tried changing his name to make it look like other haters were here, but he forgot to change his location.

He has since changed that thinking we are so dumb that we couldn't figure out that it was the same guy. I just call him Des Plaines.
dr fill

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2460 Feb 22, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
That's probably what he looks like. When he first started trolling around here, his location was Des Plaines, IL.
He then tried changing his name to make it look like other haters were here, but he forgot to change his location.
He has since changed that thinking we are so dumb that we couldn't figure out that it was the same guy. I just call him Des Plaines.
Well I do think that volt owners are not the sharpest shovels in the shed.
dr fill

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2461 Feb 22, 2013
Tesla is the bestla. Volt is a weird name.Tesla is the future folks.Volt is clinging to the past man and wont let go. The volt is in bed with big oil.Tesla is forging a bright new future to boldy go where no man has gone before.Volt is following a beaten path by burning oil in their little scum sucking cars.Tesla'a are pure as the driven snow.Need I say more.I think not!!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2462 Feb 22, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>China will continue to buy up anything they can get their hands on. Until the USA changes her ways you can expect more of the same. A123, Fisker, Tesla, Sondra etc. are all pie in the sky dream ideas that either don't work or will not work in a business climate such as ours.
I still don't like the idea of China getting their hands on this tech.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2463 Feb 22, 2013
dr fill wrote:
<quoted text> Well I do think that volt owners are not the sharpest shovels in the shed.
You keep your shovel sharp by shoveling **it. My gasoline bill for the past 16 months has been $24.

Your Fairlane's gas bill for that same period has been $3,500 +.

Not only are you terrible at spelling, your math leaves a little bit to be desired. That means it sucks.

Just took another laugh break.

I like you Des Plaines. You make me feel superior. Not that I strive to feel superior over anybody. Some people just fall behind the pack naturally.

In the forest, you would have been coyote crap long ago.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2464 Feb 22, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't like the idea of China getting their hands on this tech.
I agree 100%... but they are going to steal it anyway, so we may as well get money for it.
dr fill

Bensenville, IL

#2465 Feb 23, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't like the idea of China getting their hands on this tech.
We should give our old gas guzzeling tecnology to china and keep our futuristic tecnology like tesla for ourselves.Why cling to the past when the future is bright with tesla?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2466 Feb 23, 2013
De Plane! De Plane!
lake patrol

Bensenville, IL

#2467 Feb 23, 2013
Will the owner of a rather large huge boat come move it please?Its double parked on two huge lakes.The name on the back of the boat is rooty da fruity. Now them folks got to obey the laws like the rest of us normal folks correct?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2468 Feb 23, 2013
De Plane! De Plane!

http://www.conversantlife.com/files/imagecach...

Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia's Military Will Be In Syria For At Least... 21 hr RUSSIAs VIETNAM 1
News Fast & Furious But With The Little Rascals Fri ERIC 11
News A Better Battery? A Survey of What Might Come a... Thu Solarman 1
News Chevrolet Cobalt under investigation for power-... (Feb '10) Jan 17 Babygirl 61
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jan 17 pisty10 28
News There Won't Be A Donald Trump Inaugural License... Jan 17 Second Amendment ... 3
V11.00.017 Toyota TIS Techstream Free Download (Feb '16) Jan 15 Jdail2002 13
More from around the web