Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11771 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Jim Smatters

United States

#2408 Feb 13, 2013
We did and love it. At first the wife was hesitant but it turns out she's driving the Volt more than myself. Our average is about 127 miles per gallon. That's a considerable advantage over the old Prius.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2409 Feb 13, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
We did and love it. At first the wife was hesitant but it turns out she's driving the Volt more than myself. Our average is about 127 miles per gallon. That's a considerable advantage over the old Prius.
What kind of trade did they give on the Prius? Was it under recall?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2410 Feb 13, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
Awesome car!!! I own a 2012 which I purchased in October, 2011.

I owned 2 beautiful Seville's. Wouldn't trade both of them for the Volt. The Volt is much quieter and smoother. And of course, uses a whole lot less gas.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2411 Feb 13, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
What I find interesting is that most Volt sales are coming from former Prius owners. These are conquest sales and shall be considered a most welcomed forecast.
I live in the S.F. Bay Area. Two of the top Volt dealerships in the country are within 8 miles of me, so I see Volts on the road almost daily. I actually saw 4 the other day.

I attend quarterly Volt Owner Meetings at Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose, CA. They have to limit the meetings to 50 owners. It's pretty awesome when we all are pulling in.

In talking to other owners, quite a few of the new owners do trade in Prius's. Camry is the # 2 traded in car, followed by the Civic and the BMW 3 series.

http://www.plugincars.com/chevy-volt-buyers-t...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2412 Feb 16, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
Was your Prius trade in affected by the recalls?
under cover spy

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2413 Feb 16, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome car!!! I own a 2012 which I purchased in October, 2011.
I owned 2 beautiful Seville's. Wouldn't trade both of them for the Volt. The Volt is much quieter and smoother. And of course, uses a whole lot less gas.
I seen you leaving your garage in the morning.You drive a yugo from years gone by.We all got your number pal.Its over,The gigs up.You dont own jack crap buddy.
car buff

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2414 Feb 16, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Was your Prius trade in affected by the recalls?
I heard volt just had a recall.Yeah all the salesmen that sold them junks recalled all their customers to apoligize for selling them a piece of shit.
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2415 Feb 16, 2013
under cover spy wrote:
<quoted text> I seen you leaving your garage in the morning.You drive a yugo from years gone by.We all got your number pal.Its over,The gigs up.You dont own jack crap buddy.
I made this video for Des Plaines,
Who really is going insane.

His postings are brainless
His mind set is aimless.

And he still drives an ugly Fairlane.

iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2416 Feb 16, 2013
under cover spy wrote:
<quoted text> I seen you leaving your garage in the morning.You drive a yugo from years gone by.We all got your number pal.Its over,The gigs up.You dont own jack crap buddy.
Wow .... I don't know what is up, but that video was slow. Never happened before. Anyway ... re-did it, here it is.

Jim Smatters

United States

#2417 Feb 18, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Was your Prius trade in affected by the recalls?
Sorry for the tardy response, my assistant was out all last week with sick children. We sold the Prius privately so there was no loss to the dealer. The car was recalled five separate times for various defects the most worrisome being the brake anti-lock control module.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2418 Feb 18, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for the tardy response, my assistant was out all last week with sick children. We sold the Prius privately so there was no loss to the dealer. The car was recalled five separate times for various defects the most worrisome being the brake anti-lock control module.
What year was it? Was it also recalled for the steering column?
punk kid

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2419 Feb 18, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>What year was it? Was it also recalled for the steering column?
hey rooty,Wheres your friggin boat your always bragging about.I never seen hide nor hair of the darn thing.Is it a figman of your imagination?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2420 Feb 18, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry for the tardy response, my assistant was out all last week with sick children. We sold the Prius privately so there was no loss to the dealer. The car was recalled five separate times for various defects the most worrisome being the brake anti-lock control module.
Was your Prius part of the steering recall?
Volts for Dolts

Newtown, CT

#2421 Feb 19, 2013
State of Indiana is going to put a tax on elctricity guzzling vehicles:

http://insideevs.com/indiana-next-in-to-try-a...
scientist

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2422 Feb 19, 2013
Volts for Dolts wrote:
State of Indiana is going to put a tax on elctricity guzzling vehicles:
http://insideevs.com/indiana-next-in-to-try-a...
Whats next are they gonna tax people with solar panels on their roofs? Then if you ride your pedal bike to work they will throw a sidewalk tax on ya.Im ready to move to canada with alec baldwin!!!!
Jim Smatters

United States

#2423 Feb 19, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Was your Prius part of the steering recall?
No it was a 2010, we only had five recalls on it. For a three year old Prius with only five recalls is pretty good for a Toyota. We decided to get rid of it while we were ahead.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2424 Feb 19, 2013
Jim Smatters wrote:
<quoted text>No it was a 2010, we only had five recalls on it. For a three year old Prius with only five recalls is pretty good for a Toyota. We decided to get rid of it while we were ahead.
You said earlier that you traded your Prius in 2011 for a Volt.
Also your Prius was a 2010 model, and you had 5 recalls while you owned it.
Funny, there were only 3 Prius recalls during 2010/11.
Two of those were for misapplied labels, and one was for air bags.
Something doesn't make sense.
scientist

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2425 Feb 20, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Volts should be recalled for only traveling 45 miles on a charge.
Volts for Dolts

Florham Park, NJ

#2426 Feb 20, 2013
scientist wrote:
<quoted text> Volts should be recalled for only traveling 45 miles on a charge.
45 miles LOL, that's day time driving, no heat, no AC, no radio. The Dolt keeps us laughing!
Jim Smatters

United States

#2427 Feb 20, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! Our 2010 Prius had five recalls: Seats, antilock brakes, air bag sensor module and two for the labels. We purchased it in 2009 as a 2010 model. That made it three years for us close enough for government work laugh out loud. We picked up the Volt in December 2010 and kept the Prius as my wife was hesitant. Turns out she's the one driving it now. Great car and we average in the 120's per gallon, a considerable advantage over the old Prius. To be open we also checked out the Prius EV and could only achieve around 10-15 miles on a charge. I never mentioned a purchase of a Volt in 2011. Jim

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FGtech Galletto 4 Review Thu uobd2 2
SKP1000 Key Programmer Introduction Thu car-diagnostic-tool 1
How to use VXDIAG VCX NANO Pro 7 in 1 Thu jimmyLIN 1
SKP1000 (SKP900 replacement) function & car list Wed Ambrosio 1
VCM2 clone 100% working: SP177C or SP177C1 Wed lalaura 3
Launch CRP TOUCH Pro FULL System Diagnostic Ser... (Jul '16) Jul 19 francisco gonzale... 2
Touareg 2013 5th Immo All key lost VVDI2 succes... Jul 19 Ambrosio 1
More from around the web