Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11775 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2185 Jan 9, 2013
Enough nonsense.

I believe this article has a lot of merit, in spite of what JJFADS/Root has to say about it:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/10/us-... .

Truth be told, Volt is overpriced and overengineered.
Other than that it's a good product.
Too bad the public isn't into EVs to any great degree.
master mechanic

Chicago, IL

#2186 Jan 9, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
If saying you should relax a tad and love life upsets you, I’m sorry.
I studdied all the electric cars over the past year.I come to the conclusio that the tesla beats everybody hands down.The vilt is a over priced piece of crap.The prius is better but the tesla is the car and tecnology of the future my friends.Lets leave the horse nad buggy behind and surge toward a fuel free future!!! Who's witt me?!!!!!!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#2187 Jan 9, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an arrogant person assumes he could upset someone by making such remarks.
All I'm saying is that those who tell others how to live their life tend to be arrogant.
And you fit that profile.
FWIW,(even though it's none of your business) I'm very happy, relaxed, and satisfied with my life.
If I had to do it all over again, nothing would change.
You should really learn to relax a bit and find car articles from car people.
dr fill

Chicago, IL

#2188 Jan 9, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>You should really learn to relax a bit and find car articles from car people.
I looked into your back ground.I discovered that you live in your mothers basement and your main meal is cheeto's.That explains the stained teeth and poor health.It also effects the brain cells.Ya lack of vitamin's has a profound effect on the mind.I seen your kind before,After your mother kicks you out you live on the street in empty cars or under a bridge.ya poor sapp!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2189 Jan 9, 2013
I like the Volt too.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2190 Jan 9, 2013
Volt is a decent product.
But over engineered and overpriced.
Future competition is its biggest risk.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2191 Jan 9, 2013
What future competition would be its risk and what kind of risk are we talking about? Why do you think the Volt is over engineered? Wht i the threshold of over engineering? If you don’t like the price of the car, what would you price it at? Fair questions
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2192 Jan 9, 2013
Root wrote:
What future competition would be its risk and what kind of risk are we talking about? Why do you think the Volt is over engineered? Wht i the threshold of over engineering? If you don’t like the price of the car, what would you price it at? Fair questions
To JJFADS/Root

All you're doing is stirring the pot.
Kids do that, not adults.
Do your research before asking those questions.
Modern Day Edsel

Newtown, CT

#2193 Jan 9, 2013
JJFADS wrote:
Yes I know. It would’ve been hard to build cars during the retool process.
Why do they need to retool, are they installing Toyota frive trains?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2194 Jan 9, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
To JJFADS/Root
All you're doing is stirring the pot.
Kids do that, not adults.
Do your research before asking those questions.
I understand if you can’t answer the questions it’s normal.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2195 Jan 9, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>I understand if you can’t answer the questions it’s normal.
Too JJFADS/Root:

I avoid answering questions from those who ask questions but already knows the answers.

Don't play kid games.
It doesn't become you.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2196 Jan 9, 2013
You don’t answer the questions because they are hard hitting and you don’t want to look bad. I understand. There’s one in every crowd.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2197 Jan 9, 2013
Root wrote:
You don’t answer the questions because they are hard hitting and you don’t want to look bad. I understand. There’s one in every crowd.
Another cop out from JJFADS/Root.
Do you really believe your own bullshit?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2198 Jan 9, 2013
Yes and I want to believe that you can walk and chew gum while answering those questions. Anyone that makes a statement must be prepared to answer the questions. I feel for you and want to see your integrity. Do you have some?
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2199 Jan 10, 2013
Root wrote:
Yes and I want to believe that you can walk and chew gum while answering those questions. Anyone that makes a statement must be prepared to answer the questions. I feel for you and want to see your integrity. Do you have some?
To JJFADS/Root:

Obviously you didn't bother to check out the link (I've provided several times!)to the Reuters piece commenting on why the Volt is what it is---overpriced and overengineered.(As well as bleeding money because it costs 3 times more than it sells for!!)

The answers to your questions, and more, are all there---as per my earlier suggestion that you "do your research".

Now, if you're too lazy, too stupid, or perhaps too eager to engage in personal insults, then all I can say is that it's your problem, not mine, that you don't have those answers you're so anxious to see.

Oh yes, one more thing. Before you accuse others of not having integrity......
Obviously you don't know the meaning of "integrity", or you wouldn't be conducting yourself in such a shallow and devious manner on these boards.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2200 Jan 10, 2013
Oh please isn’t that the biggest sob story on here. You’ve used all kinds of terrible language. That’s you not me. But the worst problem is, you still can’t answer the questions. Fair questions - All you can point to is an article that was proved to be wrong. I feel bad for you and your imaginary integrity.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2201 Jan 10, 2013
I believe Volt is overpriced and over engineered.
Volt is also losing a lot of cash on every one made.
The facts support my opinion, irregardless of the insulting and inflammatory rhetoric posted by JJFADS/Root.
That said, I also believe Volt is a decent product, and if its price can be lowered it will do well.
However, there are several more similar products coming on line from other automakers.
This could have a negative effect on Volt sales.
End of my story.
Let the games begin.

Dallas, TX.

#2202 Jan 10, 2013
Volt is right at the verge of turning a profit if not already. The car is now spread across three models.

Your article is wrong. It didn’t work the first time you brought it up and it won’t work now. Simply scroll back on this thread about 20 pages or so and reread the information. Another bit of advice would be not to get car articles from people that don’t write car articles. Nice opinion piece though lol.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#2203 Jan 10, 2013
Another very good article---not only does it corroborate the contention that Volt is overengineerred and overpriced, but it lays out an honest viewpoint going forward.

http://www.globalspeculations.com/2012/09/vol...

Dallas, TX.

#2204 Jan 10, 2013
Bless your heart you try hard. Sadly for you, that article is based on the Reuter’s article. This is one of the reasons we think you really don’t have any experience in the auto manufacturing world. Sad

Instead of reading opinion pieces, try factual pieces.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to solve the obdstar X300M mileage tool aut... 2 hr My Car repair Park 1
OBDSTAR X300DP Adjust Mileage for Cadillac ATSL... 3 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews Used Car Dea... (Feb '15) 7 hr Graham 19
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) 23 hr Dfields 171
TOYO KEY OBDII program Toyota G chip H chip all... Tue Ambrosio 2
TOYO KEY OBD II KEY PRO Support Toyota G & H Al... Mon My Car repair Park 1
El-50448 Auto Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS... Mon My Car repair Park 1
More from around the web