What your next gyno exam may not include

What your next gyno exam may not include

There are 12 comments on the WGAL-TV Lancaster story from Jun 30, 2014, titled What your next gyno exam may not include. In it, WGAL-TV Lancaster reports that:

For doctors, pelvic examinations are a routine way to screen for abnormalities. But for many women, the procedure is uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGAL-TV Lancaster.

Purely Canadian

Stony Plain, Canada

#1 Jul 1, 2014
They're watching me
pailrider

Scunthorpe, UK

#2 Jul 1, 2014
Often a male doctor, in the past, he will lay you on back raise legs and penetrate your sexual organ, using fingers and prove nothing.

From TOPIX: The male doctors want more, females doctor advice against it, obviously the men want to keep their hand in. HELLO!!!!

Medical group urges against gynecological pelvic exams; other doctors disagree
‘Routine pelvic examination … rarely detects important disease and does not reduce mortality and is associated with discomfort for many women, false positive and negative examinations and extra cost,' said Dr. Linda Humphrey, a co-author of the American College of Physicians’ new guideline.

But Dr. David Fishman, a gynecologic oncologist at Mount Sinai Hospital, notes,‘The bimanual/rectovaginal examination not only detects asymptomatic gynecologic disease but also diseases of the colon and rectum.' <This is a LIE..

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/...
pailrider

Scunthorpe, UK

#3 Jul 1, 2014
Not before time stop these guys getting their daily jollies, at female expense.
Rich

United States

#4 Jul 1, 2014
Disease of the colon rect-m ???? That is a lie. Just have a colonoscopy after the age of 50 that will detect disease of the colon and rect-m
Rich

United States

#5 Jul 1, 2014
That article was excellent Pailrider . You should post it on male gynecologist so Male OB Can read it
pailrider

Scunthorpe, UK

#6 Jul 1, 2014
Rich he will say, we made it up, it doesn't exist...they have selective reading, bit like selective hearing. Choose what suits their needs.

Should be visible on the other board for oby1..
Rich

Albany, NY

#7 Jul 1, 2014
True, they can lie to the woman. but, once the woman realize he's lying he's done. They won't bother arguing THE'LL just switch to a female!
Rich

Albany, NY

#8 Jul 1, 2014
That Carolyn westhoff who've I quated before was in the article that you added. It's amazing how male OB just blew her and other female obgyn off. He has no respect for female obgyn's and females in general. Probably a Misogynist !
Edward J Cejka

Ahmedabad, India

#9 Jul 1, 2014
I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article Thanks for your great
pailrider

Scunthorpe, UK

#10 Jul 2, 2014
Edward J Cejka wrote:
I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article Thanks for your great
I agree Edward, this is a massive human rights issue in my opinion and it wont be swept under the carpet.

HEADS UP TO TOPIX....for allowing us to highlight this issue.
pailrider

Scunthorpe, UK

#11 Jul 2, 2014
How to build your customer base, con the patient into sense of safe well being, pretend not to be a man..

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2013/04/male-gyne...
Rich

Collegeville, PA

#12 Jul 6, 2014
ACP has adopted same guidlines as CDC, WHO, ACS. No bimanual exams on asymptomatic patients. I believe any doctor who violates these guidlines should be charged with rape !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TOYO KEY OBDII program Toyota G chip H chip all... Wed eobdtool 3
How to solve the obdstar X300M mileage tool aut... Wed My Car repair Park 1
OBDSTAR X300DP Adjust Mileage for Cadillac ATSL... Wed car-diagnostic-tool 1
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews Used Car Dea... (Feb '15) Wed Graham 19
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Tue Dfields 171
TOYO KEY OBD II KEY PRO Support Toyota G & H Al... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
El-50448 Auto Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
More from around the web