Chrysler invests $1.3 billion in two ...

Chrysler invests $1.3 billion in two Mexican plants

There are 9 comments on the USA Today story from Oct 11, 2013, titled Chrysler invests $1.3 billion in two Mexican plants. In it, USA Today reports that:

Chrysler will invest $1.3 billion at two Mexican factories to build more engines and commercial vans, a project that will add 1,570 jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

fed up

Athens, OH

#1 Oct 14, 2013
Bet they don't have to work aws! Chrysler can shut its doors for all I care!
sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#2 Oct 14, 2013
"El que es perico donde quiera es verde. El que es pendejo, donde quiera pierde"

I think that the stories of Mexico as a suposed failed state that the us press and many people of this forum like to suscribe (see the thread about it) simply do not convince the investments/projects department of Chysler, Ford, VW, Audi.... and the rest.

Evidently there is a divorce of information.

Or maybe, some of it is not information at all. Just propaganda.
Eduardo

Durango, Mexico

#3 Oct 14, 2013
sirius wrote:
"El que es perico donde quiera es verde. El que es pendejo, donde quiera pierde"
I think that the stories of Mexico as a suposed failed state that the us press and many people of this forum like to suscribe (see the thread about it) simply do not convince the investments/projects department of Chysler, Ford, VW, Audi.... and the rest.
Evidently there is a divorce of information.
Or maybe, some of it is not information at all. Just propaganda.
Foreign tourism in Mexico is also on the rise.
There was an 18% increase on tourists from UK, a 58% increase on tourists from Colombia, and a 50% increase on tourists from Russia. Tourism from Brazil and Peru also increased but on smaller numbers.

http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/secciones/nego...

It seems removing the visa requirement for those countries wasn't a bad idea.
Sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#4 Oct 14, 2013
Eduardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreign tourism in Mexico is also on the rise.
There was an 18% increase on tourists from UK, a 58% increase on tourists from Colombia, and a 50% increase on tourists from Russia. Tourism from Brazil and Peru also increased but on smaller numbers.
http://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/secciones/nego...
It seems removing the visa requirement for those countries wasn't a bad idea.
Of course not.

Naturally, Mexico is very much in time to ask reciprocity. Lets see:

To the European Union (at least I could talk about Germany), Mexicans I think have never been requested visa. And last time I have to travel through the UK - do some tramits there before continue my travel to Eastern Europe - never I had a problem... although that was more than 15 years ago. Well.

With Colombia and other countries in the Pacific Alliance, obviously.

With Russia, I suppose that the elimination of visas was mutual. Let me check but it will be very good... but you know what I said before, about Mexicans potentially being confounded with Gypsies or Caucasians there... but that is a separate thing.

----------

Still, I think that I will decry always, is that we have this asimetry with the USA regarding visas. This thing is unatural and only custom has made us forget about it. We should be like Brazil... there will be never order and justice on Earth, if there is not a "formal" order.

Of course, historically what we see unfortunatelly masses of ignorant Mexicans that go there, one way or the other. That want to cross even if they are treated like dogs or subhumans. Guess that in this case, some sort of "economics" have precedence over "mere" sense of civilized and formally reciprocal relation between countries.

And that is sign of something wrong, somewhere. Not only in the sphere of economics, but also in the minds of some Mexicans.

Still, if I were president, I would push for total reciprocity with every country, in this regard.

Regards.
Eduardo

Durango, Mexico

#5 Oct 15, 2013
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not.
Naturally, Mexico is very much in time to ask reciprocity. Lets see:
To the European Union (at least I could talk about Germany), Mexicans I think have never been requested visa. And last time I have to travel through the UK - do some tramits there before continue my travel to Eastern Europe - never I had a problem... although that was more than 15 years ago. Well.
With Colombia and other countries in the Pacific Alliance, obviously.
With Russia, I suppose that the elimination of visas was mutual. Let me check but it will be very good... but you know what I said before, about Mexicans potentially being confounded with Gypsies or Caucasians there... but that is a separate thing.
----------
Still, I think that I will decry always, is that we have this asimetry with the USA regarding visas. This thing is unatural and only custom has made us forget about it. We should be like Brazil... there will be never order and justice on Earth, if there is not a "formal" order.
Of course, historically what we see unfortunatelly masses of ignorant Mexicans that go there, one way or the other. That want to cross even if they are treated like dogs or subhumans. Guess that in this case, some sort of "economics" have precedence over "mere" sense of civilized and formally reciprocal relation between countries.
And that is sign of something wrong, somewhere. Not only in the sphere of economics, but also in the minds of some Mexicans.
Still, if I were president, I would push for total reciprocity with every country, in this regard.
Regards.
Mexicans currently don't a need Visa to travel to Brazil, Serbia, Russia, the Pacific Alliance countries, Central American countries, European Union countries, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, or Japan as far as I know.

The situation with US and Canada is even more absurd if you take into account that the latest increase on immigration restrictions against Canadian and Gringos was put in place because USA REQUESTED IT as measure to prevent Terrorists to move around freely in North America pretending to be US citizens or Canadian citizens.

http://gomexico.about.com/od/entryrequirement...

I also recall how many American sought that they won't travel to Mexico again after this. XD

I don't expect USA or Canada to lift the visa requirement on Mexicans but I think this is a good reason why the Mexican politicians really should stop catering to their tourists and aim for a more diversified source of foreign tourists.
HAHAHAHAHA

Rockford, IL

#6 Oct 15, 2013
BAP is too far from suppliers in US = so they are going to get their engines from Mexico = HAHAHAHAHA = it is much closer = I'm a twit = HAHAHAHAHA
hahaha

AOL

#7 Oct 15, 2013
HAHAHAHAHA wrote:
BAP is too far from suppliers in US = so they are going to get their engines from Mexico = HAHAHAHAHA = it is much closer = I'm a twit = HAHAHAHAHA
at a plant that only pays the worker $40/week = hahahahahahahahahah = cheap labor = hahahahgAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA

Rockford, IL

#9 Oct 16, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>at a plant that only pays the worker $40/week = hahahahahahahahahah = cheap labor = hahahahgAHAHAHA
You're right = and it is probably free to ship those engines all the way to the Midwest on a daily basis = hahahahahaha = NOT = hahahaha
Charles

Elwood, IN

#10 Oct 18, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TOYO KEY OBDII program Toyota G chip H chip all... 21 hr eobdtool 3
How to solve the obdstar X300M mileage tool aut... Wed My Car repair Park 1
OBDSTAR X300DP Adjust Mileage for Cadillac ATSL... Wed car-diagnostic-tool 1
North West Autos Blackburn Reviews Used Car Dea... (Feb '15) Wed Graham 19
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Tue Dfields 171
TOYO KEY OBD II KEY PRO Support Toyota G & H Al... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
El-50448 Auto Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor TPMS... Dec 5 My Car repair Park 1
More from around the web