Why are deadly "bull bars" allowed on...

Why are deadly "bull bars" allowed on North American vehicles?

There are 3 comments on the TreeHugger story from Aug 7, 2018, titled Why are deadly "bull bars" allowed on North American vehicles?. In it, TreeHugger reports that:

For a number of years I have been taking photos of cars and SUVs with big bits of metal mounted on front. I was certain that they were dangerous, but I did not even know what they were even called; in a post about a driver who jumped the sidewalk and maimed five kids , I described them as "an after-market steel thing on front that blocks the shock-absorbing front bumper and probably significantly increased the carnage."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TreeHugger.

Drive eh

Toronto, Canada

#1 Aug 7, 2018
... of aggression," she describes how the car companies are marketing them and how police departments love them:

In Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the local police department recently had to defend its use of bull bars after a resident complained about ... Comment?

http://www.topix.com/world/2018/08/gas-truck-...

Related Topix: Ontario, Canada, World News, Autos
John Boyle

San Francisco, CA

#2 Oct 3, 2018
Drive eh wrote:
... of aggression," she describes how the car companies are marketing them and how police departments love them:

In Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the local police department recently had to defend its use of bull bars after a resident complained about ... Comment?

http://www.topix.com/world/2018/08/gas-truck-...

Related Topix: Ontario, Canada, World News, Autos
After about eight weeks on this cite, "bull bars" has prompted about one comment. Perhaps it's time to move on to a more riveting subject.
Trollbuster

Windsor, Canada

#3 Oct 5, 2018
John Boyle wrote:
<quoted text>

After about eight weeks on this cite, "bull bars" has prompted about one comment. Perhaps it's time to move on to a more riveting subject.
Perhaps it's time to blovate somewhere else to display your inflated ego.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yanhua Mini ACDP Programming Master Sun tuita 1
Autel MaxiSYS Pro Description Sat Ziluo88 1
Good News for Toyota Tacoma Front Grille Seller... Nov 16 Motorshive 1
How to reset EGR value with OBDⅡscan tools (Jan '15) Nov 16 codeleader 3
Caterpillar sis service information training an... Nov 14 autonumen1 1
News Harley-Davidson teases components and style of ... Nov 7 Solarman 1
News Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi investment arm takes ... Nov 5 Solarman 1