All Known 2007 Toyota Tundra Problems

All Known 2007 Toyota Tundra Problems

Posted in the Autos Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tom

Windsor, Canada

#1 Jan 14, 2008
http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2007/0...

1) 5.7L Camshaft Failures

2) Highway Bed Bounce

3) The stereo shutting off by itself

4) One of the air vent’s louvers won’t stay pointed downwards

5) The seatbelt warning chime

6) Not getting the mileage on the sticker

7) Tundra Tailgate Problems

Tundra problems bring "shame" to Toyota
Toyota's global manufacturing chief, Takeshi Uchiyamada, said that the problems with the 2007 Tundra have brought "shame" to the Japanese automaker. Since its launch earlier this year, the Tundra has experienced problems with faulty camshafts and torque converters, as well as cracking tailgates. The Tundra V8 was also bumped from Consumer Reports' recommended list earlier this year.

"We have had some trouble on the first stage," Takeshi Uchiyamada told Automotive News. "New models typically have problems, but Toyota doesn't want that."

Uchiyamada cited the new platform and new production facility — in San Antonio, Texas — as the leading causes for a dip in quality. Uchiyamada didn't put blame on Toyota's expansion for the Tundra's problems. When asked about the automkaer's push for the number one spot, Uchiyamada said Toyota "has a sales volume expansion plan, and we have to keep up."

Toyota recently opened a Global Training Center in Japan to help "assembly line managers better understand the Toyota Production System." "At the engineering stage," Uchiyamada said, "we need to identify and control the condition of machines, materials and procedures."

http://www.leftlanenews.com/tundra-problems-b...
Tom

Saint Catharines, Canada

#2 Jan 15, 2008
Poser truck for posers
right truckin
Tom

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jan 19, 2008
oops
Tom

Wheatley, Canada

#4 Jan 24, 2008
You can not polish the TURDA
steve

Grandview, MO

#5 Jan 28, 2008
Toyota needs to step up to the plate on this issue. Supposed to be a tough truck
robert brown

Canada

#6 Jan 18, 2009
2007 tundra 5.7 problems with battery going dead if not driven for over a week ? next problem hood wont stay up shock obsorbers leaking oil.NOT the truck of my landcruisers or even my 2001 tundra .sorry i bought it.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#7 Jan 18, 2009
robert brown wrote:
2007 tundra 5.7 problems with battery going dead if not driven for over a week ? next problem hood wont stay up shock obsorbers leaking oil.NOT the truck of my landcruisers or even my 2001 tundra .sorry i bought it.
Toyota has tried and tried and tried to build a good large truck, they simply failed again. Look at the old Tacoma, even that thing had tailgate problems. They simply can’t build a
“tough” truck with cheap and weak sheet metal, mush less poor engineering. Truck buyers shun the tundra, this is proved by its dismal sells.
Truckin

Albany, GA

#9 Jan 19, 2009
robert brown wrote:
2007 tundra 5.7 problems with battery going dead if not driven for over a week ? next problem hood wont stay up shock obsorbers leaking oil.NOT the truck of my landcruisers or even my 2001 tundra .sorry i bought it.
Parry Sounds....maybe you fell off your snowmobile doing a lake run and hit your head a little to hard?
Truckin

Albany, GA

#10 Jan 19, 2009
70plyRR wrote:
<quoted text>Toyota has tried and tried and tried to build a good large truck, they simply failed again. Look at the old Tacoma, even that thing had tailgate problems. They simply can’t build a
“tough” truck with cheap and weak sheet metal, mush less poor engineering. Truck buyers shun the tundra, this is proved by its dismal sells.
They captured a larger market share with the latest Tundra, what more can you ask for? In 2006 they sold about 100K Tundras in a pickup market that was huge. In 2008 they sold over 130K in a pickup market that was much smaller. Looks like a success to me. Toyota is now the 3rd highest volume truck producer behind GM and Ford. The data looks good. In God we trust, in data we believe RR.

The REAL failure is that of the GM small pickup program. They sold under 60K total of two nameplates last year.
William

United States

#11 Jan 19, 2009
Tom wrote:
http://www.tundraheadquarters. com/blog/2007/08/22/all-known- 2007-toyota-tundra-problems/
1) 5.7L Camshaft Failures
2) Highway Bed Bounce
3) The stereo shutting off by itself
4) One of the air vent’s louvers won’t stay pointed downwards
5) The seatbelt warning chime
6) Not getting the mileage on the sticker
7) Tundra Tailgate Problems
Tundra problems bring "shame" to Toyota
Toyota's global manufacturing chief, Takeshi Uchiyamada, said that the problems with the 2007 Tundra have brought "shame" to the Japanese automaker. Since its launch earlier this year, the Tundra has experienced problems with faulty camshafts and torque converters, as well as cracking tailgates. The Tundra V8 was also bumped from Consumer Reports' recommended list earlier this year.
"We have had some trouble on the first stage," Takeshi Uchiyamada told Automotive News. "New models typically have problems, but Toyota doesn't want that."
Uchiyamada cited the new platform and new production facility — in San Antonio, Texas — as the leading causes for a dip in quality. Uchiyamada didn't put blame on Toyota's expansion for the Tundra's problems. When asked about the automkaer's push for the number one spot, Uchiyamada said Toyota "has a sales volume expansion plan, and we have to keep up."
Toyota recently opened a Global Training Center in Japan to help "assembly line managers better understand the Toyota Production System." "At the engineering stage," Uchiyamada said, "we need to identify and control the condition of machines, materials and procedures."
http://www.leftlanenews.com/tundra-problems-b...
And that is just a short list of problems for Toy.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#12 Jan 20, 2009
Truckin wrote:
<quoted text>They captured a larger market share with the latest Tundra, what more can you ask for? In 2006 they sold about 100K Tundras in a pickup market that was huge. In 2008 they sold over 130K in a pickup market that was much smaller. Looks like a success to me. Toyota is now the 3rd highest volume truck producer behind GM and Ford. The data looks good. In God we trust, in data we believe RR.
The REAL failure is that of the GM small pickup program. They sold under 60K total of two nameplates last year.
What more can I ask for? A better truck than a tundra.
Truckin

Kernersville, NC

#13 Jan 20, 2009
70plyRR wrote:
<quoted text>What more can I ask for? A better truck than a tundra.
You likely won't find it. You may FEEL better driving a Silverado, but the Toyota has set the benchmark. The best truck doesn't have to be the best selling, as evidenced by most vehicles in the market place.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#14 Jan 20, 2009
??

Even the owners shun the vehicle, not to mention the great words of the famous Japanese government.

"This tundra is a blemish to Japanese quality."
Kyle

Tulsa, OK

#15 Jan 20, 2009
I am a big supporter of American products, but how does touting Toyota's issues fix any of ours? For that matter, the fact that this is the first fully American manufactured truck Toyota has made and it happens to be one of the worse shouldn't make anyone happy! Their camshaft problem originated from an American supplier. Yes, the Toyota quality systems weren't implemented well enough to catch these issues in the Texas plant but quality starts with the suppliers.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#16 Jan 20, 2009
Kyle wrote:
I am a big supporter of American products, but how does touting Toyota's issues fix any of ours? For that matter, the fact that this is the first fully American manufactured truck Toyota has made and it happens to be one of the worse shouldn't make anyone happy! Their camshaft problem originated from an American supplier. Yes, the Toyota quality systems weren't implemented well enough to catch these issues in the Texas plant but quality starts with the suppliers.
Quality starts with Toyota catching the quality issues and holding their suppliers responsible. This reminds me of the infamous Camry transmission issues. They decided to build the vehicle with faulty transmissions because the cost of correcting the rather simple issue and doing the right thing just didn’t ring well with toyo. They turded all over the American people in true jap tradition.
Jason

San Diego, CA

#17 Jan 27, 2009
That thing has a riveted c-channel frame. Garbage. It flexes like a yard stick. This isn't a quality issue, the truck just isn't designed for work. The image of the Tundra as a real truck is just a marketing image. Really all Toyota did was slap a flimsy bed on the back of a chopped SUV. Perfect for wannabes who should be driving minivans anyway.

70plyRR

Since: Aug 07

Trumbull CT

#18 Jan 27, 2009
Jason wrote:
That thing has a riveted c-channel frame. Garbage. It flexes like a yard stick. This isn't a quality issue, the truck just isn't designed for work. The image of the Tundra as a real truck is just a marketing image. Really all Toyota did was slap a flimsy bed on the back of a chopped SUV. Perfect for wannabes who should be driving minivans anyway.
Correct - another reason for the poor crash ratings also.
Tammy

Irving, TX

#19 Jan 1, 2010

My 07 tundra does the same thing. I am on my 3rd battery. It is very frustrating. Something is draining the battery.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#20 Jan 1, 2010
Failing tailgates

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#21 Jan 21, 2010
All Known 2007 Toyota Tundra Problems

TOO many to list!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) 16 hr Bob D 316
News GM to Introduce at Least 20 New EVs by 2023 Tue BS Repellent 6
EU cars key programmer advice, Lonsdor K518 is ... Oct 12 lanny717 2
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Oct 10 jimmyLIN 16
XTOOL X300 Plus X300+ Auto Key Programmer with ... Oct 10 jimmyLIN 1
Full-System Diagnosis for Gasoline Oct 7 jimmyLIN 1
News The World's Cleanest 2003 Honda Odyssey Has An ... Oct 1 pbug56 1
More from around the web