The Airborne Liveries Of Flying Days Past

Mar 30, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jalopnik

This week, we're featuring airline liveries that aren't flying anymore. There are dozens of bygone airlines and some classic paint schemes that went along with some of them.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 31, 2014
 
Two commends on Northwest.
1- The two pint schemes show just how poorly the " new " Northwest management team did everything. These bone heads were bran new to the business, and did things as they thought they should be. Seeing that NW is gone, I'd say they were wrong.
2- Looking at Delta's new tail paint ... the red on top ... was not a mistake. The NWA executives are just that arrogant that they put their failed airline color on top.
Old NWA Guy

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 2, 2014
 
not a fine wine wrote:
Two commends on Northwest.
1- The two pint schemes show just how poorly the " new " Northwest management team did everything. These bone heads were bran new to the business, and did things as they thought they should be. Seeing that NW is gone, I'd say they were wrong.
2- Looking at Delta's new tail paint ... the red on top ... was not a mistake. The NWA executives are just that arrogant that they put their failed airline color on top.
Wino, are you sure that Spade didn't write this. It looks like more of his uninformed rantings
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 2, 2014
 
Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wino, are you sure that Spade didn't write this. It looks like more of his uninformed rantings
Nope it was me. Spelling errs and all.

So how you doing old guy? You made it through winter Okay?
Devils Advocate

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 2, 2014
 
not a fine wine wrote:
<quoted text> Nope it was me. Spelling errs and all.
So how you doing old guy? You made it through winter Okay?
I'm a gay Canadian pilot for Canada and I'm a member of the NGPA (National Gay Pilot's Association) and I will have you to know they are doing the right thing.

http://www.ngpa.org/

When I was a poor man driving Toyota cars and trucks I knew no better. Noe that I am a succesful bussiness man I am not taking any shat. Are you gay by chance?
not a fine wine

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2014
 
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a gay Canadian pilot for Canada and I'm a member of the NGPA (National Gay Pilot's Association) and I will have you to know they are doing the right thing.
http://www.ngpa.org/
When I was a poor man driving Toyota cars and trucks I knew no better. Noe that I am a succesful bussiness man I am not taking any shat. Are you gay by chance?
Nope. Just like to talk a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Buy a New Car


Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••