Court favors disclosing anti-gay marr...

Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors

There are 1781 comments on the KCRA-TV Sacramento story from May 20, 2014, titled Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors. In it, KCRA-TV Sacramento reports that:

Same-sex marriage opponents can't keep the identities of their campaign donors secret, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday in upholding a lower court decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCRA-TV Sacramento.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#698 Jun 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are capable of having and raising children. Of course, children are not a requirement or even an expectation of marriage, so the point is irrelevant.
Gay couples are NOT capable of having children.
Children are an expectation of marriage. The country depends on it.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#699 Jun 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Money can always be donated anonymously so the foolish court decision is irrelevant anyway. People that want their privacy can have it.
Every time I have donated to a GLBT advocacy group, they have required my name, contact information, and employer (whatever they have to do with it--NOTHING!). We members of the gay community have gone public with our support for better treatment with far more at stake than any of the cowardly NOM supports have to lose.

Harvey Milk lost his life, as did many many others. Many went to jail. Many became unemployable. It's laughable for Bryan Fischer to complain of homo-nazis coming for the innocent Christians. They have so little to lose, and their afraid to stand up for it publicly.

Perhaps the reason they won't stand and be seen is that they know in their hearts how reprehensible their actions really are.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#700 Jun 11, 2014
KiMare wrote:
1. Faith is not a 'legal liability'.
It absolutely is if you attempt to project it upon customers via one's business.
KiMare wrote:
2. We are not talking about forcing faith on anyone, we are talking about forcing someone to desecrate their faith.
Sorry, kiddo, if a business owner requires customers to conform to their religious views in order to obtain service, they are projecting their religious views onto others. There is no violation of religious freedom to provide a service to someone with differing views.
KiMare wrote:
3. Again, the issue wasn't 'projecting faith', it was a deliberate attempt to violate someone's faith.
Sorry, kiddo, your childlike view of the world simply doesn't pass muster.
KiMare wrote:
4. You still did not respond.
And you are still an idiot.
KiMare wrote:
Ad homoan troll attacks are not a reasoned response. The primary concern for the separation of church and state by the founders was based on their experience of government dictating how Christians lived their faith. This ruling is turning that protection on it's head.
On a personal note, hows your marrage?
Smile.
KiMare, I have provided reasoned responses. The problem is that you are an irrational a$$hole, who refuses to listen to reason.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#701 Jun 11, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I have donated to a GLBT advocacy group, they have required my name, contact information, and employer (whatever they have to do with it--NOTHING!). We members of the gay community have gone public with our support for better treatment with far more at stake than any of the cowardly NOM supports have to lose.
Harvey Milk lost his life, as did many many others. Many went to jail. Many became unemployable. It's laughable for Bryan Fischer to complain of homo-nazis coming for the innocent Christians. They have so little to lose, and their afraid to stand up for it publicly.
Perhaps the reason they won't stand and be seen is that they know in their hearts how reprehensible their actions really are.
They want to remain anonymous so they don't have to put up with all the harassment and hate mail from the homosexuals.

Try this. Go to the post office or a bank and buy a money order for $100 or whatever amount you choose. Send it here:

GLAAD
5455 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Let us know when you get it returned to you.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#702 Jun 11, 2014
First of all, sterility exists or not only on an individual level; most gays are not sterile.

No two people are duplicate in any way unless they are identical twins, and even they have some differences. "Pointlessly" is just your opinion of a similarity you don't like; one could say that two doctors who marry are "pointlessly duplicate" with just as much relevance (none).

Children with two SS parents love them just as much as their straight-raised peers love theirs. Do your children see you as their "sideshow" parent?
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick an issue. You will find court rulings on both sides.
Ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
A judge may not be able to see that, but a child can every time.
Smile.

Indianapolis

#703 Jun 11, 2014
And we get to know who is funding NOM. See, easy.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case it's NOM. See, easy.

Indianapolis

#704 Jun 11, 2014
My ex and I used to cater--including wedding cakes. We were not participants, even if we were hired to cut and serve the cake. If these other bakers consider themselves participants, they're being presumptuous.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They, and I, see it differently.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#705 Jun 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, they are. Just not through natural reproduction.
Wondering wrote:
No, they aren't. And the country doesn't depend on married people having children.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#706 Jun 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They want to remain anonymous so they don't have to put up with all the harassment and hate mail from the homosexuals.
Try this. Go to the post office or a bank and buy a money order for $100 or whatever amount you choose. Send it here:
GLAAD
Los Angeles, CA 90036
First, GLAAD is not a political organization. They do not endorse or support candidates, and they do not get involved in issue campaigns. Therefore, their mission would not fall under the purview of the election commission.

Moreover, they do not happen to be one of my favorite advocacy organizations. I am at-best luke-warm to their priorities and methods.

But please: Go ahead and carry out the experiment yourself. I think you will get a follow up asking for more information. Report back to us.

Indianapolis

#707 Jun 11, 2014
Any PAC that takes anonymous donations will get shut down--it's illegal. If they take donations and don't report them, they'll be shut down AND go to prison.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Money can always be donated anonymously so the foolish court decision is irrelevant anyway. People that want their privacy can have it.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#708 Jun 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Any PAC that takes anonymous donations will get shut down--it's illegal. If they take donations and don't report them, they'll be shut down AND go to prison.
Perhaps, Wondering should start a PAC and take anonymous donations in order to test this assertion?

Indianapolis

#709 Jun 11, 2014
Gay couples have children the same way infertile hetero couples do.

The country depends on married couples having kids? Wrong. People can and often do have kids without marrying.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>

Indianapolis

#710 Jun 11, 2014
They ask employment info to make sure individual employees aren't donating as proxies of corporations.
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#711 Jun 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
First of all, sterility exists or not only on an individual level; most gays are not sterile.
No two people are duplicate in any way unless they are identical twins, and even they have some differences. "Pointlessly" is just your opinion of a similarity you don't like; one could say that two doctors who marry are "pointlessly duplicate" with just as much relevance (none).
Children with two SS parents love them just as much as their straight-raised peers love theirs. Do your children see you as their "sideshow" parent?
<quoted text>
That's about the dumbest think I've read today and lides is posting. Wow.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#712 Jun 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They, and I, see it differently.
Of course you do. And if a "person with deeply held religious beliefs" is denied service you will all scream worse than you all did when Sinead O'Connor tore up the picture of the Pope on SNL.

Fact is you support religious discrimination.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#713 Jun 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
That's about the dumbest think I've read today and lides is posting. Wow.
Please, Mary, you are an endless font of dumb "think"s.
Lides the Racist

Dalton, MA

#714 Jun 11, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
It absolutely is if you attempt to project it upon customers via one's business.
<quoted text>
Sorry, kiddo, if a business owner requires customers to conform to their religious views in order to obtain service, they are projecting their religious views onto others. There is no violation of religious freedom to provide a service to someone with differing views.
<quoted text>
Sorry, kiddo, your childlike view of the world simply doesn't pass muster.
<quoted text>
And you are still an idiot.
<quoted text>
KiMare, I have provided reasoned responses. The problem is that you are an irrational a$$hole, who refuses to listen to reason.
Some might suggest Russell Means was aware of how racist you are. He also points out Marlon Brando's views about who runs FollyHood and projects all those stereotypes across the board. Just another day in paradise for an intellectual scumbag like yourself.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#715 Jun 11, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
So? If their beliefs are so important why are they ashamed of them and want to hide?
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Try this. Go to the post office or a bank and buy a money order for $100 or whatever amount you choose. Send it here:
GLAAD
Los Angeles, CA 90036
IOW these "deeply held religious beliefs" aren't that deeply held if they have to face other people in the light of day and the consequences of being an adult..

BTW the pro SSM groups all followed the law and submitted their donor lists. Not one person worried about the potential "harassment or hate mail". In fact many of us expected it.

Too bad these donors don't have the strength of convictions that pro SSM proponents have.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#716 Jun 11, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, Mary, you are an endless font of dumb "think"s.
Suzy Snowflake, you got me.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#717 Jun 11, 2014
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, Wondering should start a PAC and take anonymous donations in order to test this assertion?
Big red heart. Her and Respect71 can run it. Maybe they can even get Kimare to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 2018 Mazda 3 May Have The Best No-Bullshit ... Feb 16 Firm Confirm 4
News NHTSA opening probe into Ford Freestar/Mercury ... (Jan '10) Feb 7 Cars 22
OBDSTAR H110 VS Xhorse VVDI2 , Which better Feb 4 FMPC001 1
What programmer to read VAG Bcm2 on bench? Jan 29 Ambrosio 1
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Jan 29 jimmyLIN 25
News Manhattan could become first U.S. city to levy ... Jan 29 Louie from the pier 3
Foxwell NT510 multi-system scanner user feedback (May '16) Jan 25 tuita 3
BMW ISTA-D Rheingold 4.05.23 free dwonload her... (May '17) Jan '18 OBD2TOOL 6
More from around the web