Since: Oct 07

Theodore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

Is there anyone who knows how I can find out the code for my '02 honda's radio code? Our battery died and we had to jumpstart it, now the error code is on!

Since: Oct 07

Theodore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2007

Is there anyone out there?
solice

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

04 honda odyssey same situation. Dealer said to partially remove the radio so they can see the serial # on the unit then they can reference it. OR if you were lucky enough to save the dealer manual(s) that came with the car.codes are in there..I say there has to be something easier to find.
Truckin

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

Judged:

It's a Honda....the battery shouldn't have gone dead according to Hondata and Jap_Tiki.
Brad

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2007

Once you have the code, how do you enter it?

“Assignment change”

Since: Jul 07

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Brad wrote:
Once you have the code, how do you enter it?
Turn it on and enter it with the preset numbers for the radio. Like if its code# 46458 enter the #4 and use the #4 preset button, kinda like a phone number that is written as a word.

“Assignment change”

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Truckin wrote:
It's a Honda....the battery shouldn't have gone dead according to Hondata and Jap_Tiki.
Maybe it had a AC Delco battery, my Tacoma had one when I bought it new....eewww.
I replaced it with a Optima.
Truckin

Nisshin, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Judged:

Hondata wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it had a AC Delco battery, my Tacoma had one when I bought it new....eewww.
I replaced it with a Optima.
Silly Honda purchasing....why did they buy an AC Delco battery? The big boys in Japan told them now to, but the little American in his white funny uniform disobeyed orders and wanted good price!

“Assignment change”

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Judged:

Truckin wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly Honda purchasing....why did they buy an AC Delco battery? The big boys in Japan told them now to, but the little American in his white funny uniform disobeyed orders and wanted good price!
Thats because it was made here. assembled here. little American in his white funny uniform disobeyed orders and wanted good price! that sounds like a RR comment. You change your name Chicken Ckoker?
Truckin

Nisshin, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Judged:

C'mon Michael you know this isn't RR. I told you I was going to be over at Toyota City (Nagoya) for a little while. If the supplier of the battery is no good then the blame falls on Honda purchasing and supplier development. Then again a dead battery is usually the fault of the owner. I don't want any more name calling from you, ya gooch licker, I never personally attack you.

“Assignment change”

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2007

Judged:

Truckin wrote:
C'mon Michael you know this isn't RR. I told you I was going to be over at Toyota City (Nagoya) for a little while. If the supplier of the battery is no good then the blame falls on Honda purchasing and supplier development. Then again a dead battery is usually the fault of the owner. I don't want any more name calling from you, ya gooch licker, I never personally attack you.
gooch licker, thats funny, I know RR would have never came up with that one, sorry.....
Mulembe

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

For Honda Odyssey 1999 Radio Error Code, see http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/PD... , courtey of http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/... .
The instructions in the first link above solved the problem. After separating the radio from the pocket (Step 6), I found the S/N on a yellow sticker at the bottom of the radio.
Note that in Step 3: reach inside the hole with one or two fingers, fold it/tem left or right, and use some force to pull the dashbord that covers the radio.
It saved me $100 quoted by Honda Dealership in Fairfax VA.
patal

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

I changed the car battery since it was dead. The radio does not work now. When I trun it on, it gives me the message "CodE ErrE".
patal

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2008

I changed the car battery in my Honda Odyssey 2002 since it was dead. The radio does not work now. When I trun it on, it gives me the message "CodE ErrE".
Maini

East Brunswick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2008

I just got a brand new 2008 Odyssey but I am asked to enter a code when I tried to turn the radio on. I did not get any codes in owner's manual. Can someone please help?
Paddy

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Honda's have an anti-theft feature on their radios.
When power is removed from the radio (eg: radio has been removed from the car), then it won't function again until you re-enter the radio code that was provided to you when you bought the car.
That way the radio is useless to a thief (unless they know how to get the code).

HOWEVER the side effect to such security is that when you remove the battery, you cut power to the radio...meaning you need to re-enter the code. Your dealer should help you locate this code FREE if they are a descent sort...but hopefully, you have it as a reminder card in your service manual.

Hope this helped
chybee

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

Isnt there anywhere I can get the code tonight for the radio? I have a 2001 honda odyssey and I just dont have the time to finda a dealership and hope they can help me. I bought this van from a used car dealership, and of course they don't have the info for me. Please help!
Amir sharif

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

i have a honda civic and i dont know the radio code ..it is manufactured in japan ...when i browsed the net..i found american honda website ..i could get the code if i had an american car ..but mine is a japanese one ...can anybody help me if there is any website to find the lost code ...i need for japanese cars ......pls post a reply to my email amir_slot@yahoo.co.in
jason michael

Fort Riley, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

Judged:

the radio code is 64446 for a 2001 honda odssey
Barbara

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2009

Judged:

jason michael wrote:
the radio code is 64446 for a 2001 honda odssey
Would this be the same for the 2002 odessy????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
An Introduction to new member 4 hr roadmatecar 1
CEO to reveal 5-year strategy in early 2014; ke... (Nov '13) 19 hr Lesabre 9
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Tue Pull the Plug 9,217
Sexy electric supercar makes debut at Pebble Beach Aug 17 Solarman 1
Honda and Acura High Mileage Stories (Jul '07) Aug 17 Travis 534
Fernando Alonso still confident that Ferrari ca... Aug 15 Rook 4
Ferguson violence: Escalation blamed on cops Aug 14 tdaddybone 1
•••

Buy a New Car