Toyota recalls 670,000 Prius units in...

Toyota recalls 670,000 Prius units in the US, 2.77 million vehicles worldwide

There are 56 comments on the www.digitaltrends.com story from Feb 13, 2013, titled Toyota recalls 670,000 Prius units in the US, 2.77 million vehicles worldwide. In it, www.digitaltrends.com reports that:

A design flaw in the steering column of the second-generation Prius has lead Toyota to recall all 670,000 of them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.digitaltrends.com.

Root

Shreveport, LA

#21 Mar 7, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart people look things up BEFORE they speak. You could look it up.
Yes and people like you feel the need to take that next cheap shot. But hey if you’re so perplexed at my not knowing about prius’ recall record so be it. Very, very intellectual there Bud.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#22 Mar 7, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and people like you feel the need to take that next cheap shot. But hey if you’re so perplexed at my not knowing about prius’ recall record so be it. Very, very intellectual there Bud.
Whazzup dude?
You think this is some kinda self righteous pity party?
When it comes to cheap shots Root, you ain't in no position to complain!!!
Just say in'
Root

Shreveport, LA

#23 Mar 7, 2013
Well maybe so. Just for a minute let’s take a look at the situation to see exactly what happened here.

I asked a question.
Nobody answered the question.
Then I researched to find the answer.
This method upset Mr. Line.
There’s definitely a problem there.

Now usually I would tell him to go stick his finger up his butt and screw off. This time I decided to act in a reasonable manner and answer his question hoping that would be the end of it. Maybe, according to your logic it seems things were okay for Liner to act miserably, maybe I should have done the same thing? Well I decided not to and we see how that worked out. Oh well!
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#24 Mar 7, 2013
Problem is Root, you act reasonable some of the time, and just when some of us begin to accept that, you change like a chameleon and act like one of those kids in these threads.
So now most folks just treat you like they do as they never know what to expect, and they just expect the worst.
You really should think about the way you treat others before getting upset about how they treat you.
Just saying.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#25 Mar 7, 2013
Well maybe so. Looking over the way this was handled by Mr. Liner it seems as he was the one that was out of line and IMO there should be no excuses for his miserable behavior. I handled myself correctly.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Mar 7, 2013
Wifey says:
Facts only...

At least the Toyota Prius is a hybrid with a market...

and the obamamobile is just a gasoline powered electric golf cart with any.

Too Funny.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#27 Mar 7, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Facts only...
At least the Toyota Prius is a hybrid with a market...
and the obamamobile is just a gasoline powered electric golf cart with any.
Too Funny.
Pete---take a little time off, OK?
Stirring the pot serves no purpose.
Just askin'.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Mar 7, 2013
Wifey says:
The inexperienced Investors don't have a clue as to how close Gov Motors is to the bankruptcy courts.

plus Outside of Europe the domestics have no market...

also GM’s “Automotive” Gross Margin actually declined from 12.4% in 2011 to 6.7% in 2012.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#29 Mar 7, 2013
Pete wrote:
The inexperienced Investors don't have a clue as to how close Gov Motors is to the bankruptcy courts.

plus Outside of Europe the domestics have no market...

also GM’s “Automotive” Gross Margin actually declined from 12.4% in 2011 to 6.7% in 2012.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

Arent' we having fun with these facts...

just as obama wants them to believe that the Taxpayer Owned ally financial will rescue them again without any market share.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#30 Mar 7, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Just askin'.
Wifey says:
Facts only:
It was in Mein Kampf, Adolph Hitler offered appalling insight into use of the “Big Lie Strategy".

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#31 Mar 7, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Facts only:
It was in Mein Kampf, Adolph Hitler offered appalling insight into use of the “Big Lie Strategy".

Too Funny.
That's very true...

and that's the Problem with False Premises.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#32 Mar 7, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Just askin'.
An absolute positive post that should be applauded by all.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#33 Mar 7, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very true...
and that's the Problem with False Premises.
Too Funny.
Wifey says:
Please remember that Sultan Obama gave General Motors to the United Auto Workers, the organization that destroyed GM in the first place.

and down she goes.

Too Funny.

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#34 Mar 7, 2013
Most of these recalls are simply due to building to fast.
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#35 Mar 8, 2013
Root wrote:
Well maybe so. Just for a minute let’s take a look at the situation to see exactly what happened here.
I asked a question.
Nobody answered the question.
Then I researched to find the answer.
This method upset Mr. Line.
There’s definitely a problem there.
Now usually I would tell him to go stick his finger up his butt and screw off. This time I decided to act in a reasonable manner and answer his question hoping that would be the end of it. Maybe, according to your logic it seems things were okay for Liner to act miserably, maybe I should have done the same thing? Well I decided not to and we see how that worked out. Oh well!
Oh come off it you windbag. You really think your inane, stupid little posts add anything to this site?
"Oh! I'm soooo happy the Volt is doing well!
Oh! Was your Prius under a recall when you sold it?
Oh! I'm soooo happy the Volt is doing well!
Are you SURE your Prius wasn't under a recall when you sold it? That's important for me to know that. I couldn't sleep all night worrying about that.
Did I mention that I'm soooo happy the Volt is doing well?"

Get the picture? Of course you don't.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#36 Mar 8, 2013
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come off it you windbag. You really think your inane, stupid little posts add anything to this site?
"Oh! I'm soooo happy the Volt is doing well!
Oh! Was your Prius under a recall when you sold it?
Oh! I'm soooo happy the Volt is doing well!
Are you SURE your Prius wasn't under a recall when you sold it? That's important for me to know that. I couldn't sleep all night worrying about that.
Did I mention that I'm soooo happy the Volt is doing well?"
Get the picture? Of course you don't.
Root claims he does what he does to level the playing field away from all the Volt and GM haters.(Are there really that many)
Says Root:"Too many immature people saying bad things about Volt, etc., so I throw those posts in to change the tone".
But essentially, all Root accomplishes is to (a) Do exactly what he preaches against; and (b) Make a fool of himself.
That said, if he chooses in this way to be the laughing stock of these forums, what`s the harm.
Do you think people don`t know what`s going on, or really care much.
Don`t take it so seriously Liner---it`s really nothing to be concerned about.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#37 Mar 8, 2013
So what`s all this fuss about Toyota recalls.
Has anybody seen what`s just happened at Ford.
Recalls are the rule these days for all automakers, not just Toyota.
What`s the big deal anyway.
And why do we only hear about one automaker all the time.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#38 Mar 8, 2013
I wanted Liner to act responsibly and he failed (windbag) to express his point in a respectable manner. Oh well
Root

Shreveport, LA

#39 Mar 8, 2013
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
Root claims he does what he does to level the playing field away from all the Volt and GM haters.(Are there really that many)
Says Root:"Too many immature people saying bad things about Volt, etc., so I throw those posts in to change the tone".
But essentially, all Root accomplishes is to (a) Do exactly what he preaches against; and (b) Make a fool of himself.
That said, if he chooses in this way to be the laughing stock of these forums, what`s the harm.
Do you think people don`t know what`s going on, or really care much.
Don`t take it so seriously Liner---it`s really nothing to be concerned about.
Oh please stop it and practice what you preach (fool). That was absolutely uncalled for. Liner acted irresponsibly. He knows it and that’s why he lurched into his saving face mode and started pointing fingers.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#40 Mar 8, 2013
Proteus wrote:
So what`s all this fuss about Toyota recalls.
Has anybody seen what`s just happened at Ford.
Recalls are the rule these days for all automakers, not just Toyota.
What`s the big deal anyway.
And why do we only hear about one automaker all the time.
Wifey says:
That's very true...

The Toyota recalls came at a time when the obamamobiles sugar daddy...

who told the fed to go after the money ...

because that's where the money was at...

when they didn't have any.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yanhua Mini ACDP Programming Master Tue EmilyWhtie 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) May 14 Mike 323
News Junkyard Gem: 1998 Plymouth Breeze Expresso May 12 Dick Tracy 4
News Majority owners explore sale of NASCAR, sources... May 9 Oh phartse 2
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
New arrived obd tools recently (info post) May 8 jimmyLIN 1
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) May 3 Watts_Amps 11,794