EPA issues final approval for sale of E15 ethanol fuel

Jun 21, 2012 Full story: Consumer Reports

The Environmental Protection Agency has taken the final step in approving 15-percent ethanol blends for sale to consumers at gas stations nationwide, effective immediately.

Full Story
alan

Maringouin, LA

#1 Jun 25, 2012
some lawn equipment makers will void warranty if this is used in their engines?outboard engines will be bowing powerheads?the epa doesent give a shit and owners of these type of engines can go to hell for their concerns!maybe this is the feds idea on boosting the economy?you will be buying another unit or have it in the shop for repairs?non ethanol gas is hard to find so if youre one of those who cant god help you and your pocket book!i say this because the feds wont help you?you can think all the green idiots for this!dont forget that you have to use more of this crap than non ethanol gas for its less efficent!

Since: Aug 07

Oslo, Norway

#2 Jun 27, 2012
Exactly right Alan, When i wrote to the EPA about E15, i said that lots of ppl have pre 2000 cars and trucks, using increased levels of ethanol will cause more pollution as older vehicles degrade. In addition all vehicles will suffer poorer fuel economy, as increased ethanol has less btu content. Their response was basically, SCREW YOU, WE DON'T CARE, and it pretty obvious the people at the EPA have forgotton what EPA stands for. Enviromental Protection Agency !

Since: Aug 07

Oslo, Norway

#3 Jun 27, 2012
check out this article
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/04/24/epas-e-...
So what can we do if we have older cars and trucks? Does anyone know if any of the anti-ethanol products work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
auto glass repair and replacement (May '12) Tue Jack Chitt 9
The MVP Pro is the latest key programming tool Mon autonumenbella 1
Hyundai Sonata 2012 Spits up GAS!! (Mar '12) Mar 2 mikekansas 4
How to read mode 23 addresses with elm327 Bluet... Mar 2 yellowbend 1
Michigan township supervisor accused of driving... Feb 28 SuperDrunkPopcorn... 2
Gays Obama and Toyota (May '14) Feb 28 Go Blue Forever 135
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Feb 28 jenniferrae 135
More from around the web