People who drive with headphones on

People who drive with headphones on

Posted in the Autos Forum

Mike N

Brentwood, NY

#1 May 28, 2014
This drives me crazy. I am not talking about a single earbud connected to their cell phone for handsfree purposes. I am talking about regular stereo earbuds or even worse the full cupped headphones. Talk about distraction. Between the blocking out of outside noises such as sirens and car horns to the distraction of having music blaring directly in your ears headphones while driving should be illegal nationwide. On some other site someone argued that the deaf can get drivers licenses and they can't hear so whats the difference and why should it be illegal. My argument there is deaf people are naturally more visually alert and their other senses are heightened because they are deaf and since they are deaf they aren't blaring noise into their head and thus will still be more focused than the average driver blaring music with or without headphones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Autel MaxiCom MK906? Sat OBD2TOOL 2
Spring Promotion on Original Launch X431 Scanner Thu jimmyLIN 1
News Driving A $265,000 McLaren In Snow Didn't Work Out Mar 15 scrote shaft tip 3
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Mar 12 bear2054 321
vvdi key tool remote support list pdf download ... (May '17) Mar 12 tuita 3
New!AURO OtoSys IM100 Automotive Diagnos... Mar 12 jimmyLIN 1
Help with 2002 Honda Odyssey radio code (Oct '07) Mar 9 Nyomin tun 85