However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#1356 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, no study has ever shown children raised by same-sex couples are any worse off than children raised by opposite-sex couples.
And this data is compiled by whom and how long have the studies been in progress?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1357 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 will be overturned.
Yes, that IS great!
That was an 'objective' opinion from someone who knows the inner workings of the supreme court...

He is not being 'conclusive'...he stated the 'leanings' of the court based on their questions and arguments....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1358 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And what's best for my daughter is to be raised by her 2 dads.
Why a Daughter Needs a Mom: 100 Reasons

Mothers and daughters often see themselves when they look at each other:(she doesn't see 'herself' when she looks at you or your partner...)

mothers seeing themselves as a child again and daughters glimpsing the woman they will likely become. While this can be frightening at times, it also can be comforting.

------A daughter needs her mother to tell her the journey from girl to woman is more exciting than frightening and, with the blessing of children and grandchildren, the journey never ends.----
In his relationship with his own daughter, Greg Lang admits that while she once was his "playful partner in crime" and "most adoring audience," she now turns to her mother for consolation and understanding. "Mothers are the best listeners," he writes, "whether the news is good or bad. Moms know the reason for tears need not always be explained, but a big hug, a laugh, and chocolate always make things brighter."

------A mom is a daughter's role model through each stage of life,------
and wise and fortunate mothers are able to stay one step ahead of their daughters' development along the way. A motherıs comfort soothes hurt feelings from playground to prom, from first-job pitfalls to first-pregnancy concerns.

---There is no substitute in a daughterıs life for Mom.------

This is 'exactly' correct...especially the role model. There is no more important person in a child's development that the same sex role model in the home....

Your home does not supply her this crucial model...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#1359 Apr 10, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
By SCIENCE you merely mean studies with which you agree...
what job did you have at GE science boy?
No. I mean science that uses acceptable methodology. It ain't brain surgery, it's just statistics. Regnerus didn't control for all the variables = bogus.

What job did you have to work your way through pretend Law School?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#1360 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists don't understand methodology better than you and I??? I give myself props for being pretty intelligent, but at least I know to concede to experts....
<quoted text>
You must be in denial over the Regnerus study...
ahahahahah
ahahahahahah

You crack me up. Experts. ahhaahhahaha expert liars, bought and paid for by NOM.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1361 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That was an 'objective' opinion from someone who knows the inner workings of the supreme court...
He is not being 'conclusive'...he stated the 'leanings' of the court based on their questions and arguments....
And only a moron attempts to predict the outcome of a case based on the oral arguments.

Remember how everyone predicted Obamacare would be ovterturned after oral agruments?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1362 Apr 10, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And this data is compiled by whom and how long have the studies been in progress?
Various groups have done studies of kids raised by same-sex couples over the years. None have found any difference between kids raised by opposite-sex couples.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#1363 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Why a Daughter Needs a Mom: 100 Reasons
Mothers and daughters often see themselves when they look at each other:(she doesn't see 'herself' when she looks at you or your partner...)
mothers seeing themselves as a child again and daughters glimpsing the woman they will likely become. While this can be frightening at times, it also can be comforting.
------A daughter needs her mother to tell her the journey from girl to woman is more exciting than frightening and, with the blessing of children and grandchildren, the journey never ends.----
In his relationship with his own daughter, Greg Lang admits that while she once was his "playful partner in crime" and "most adoring audience," she now turns to her mother for consolation and understanding. "Mothers are the best listeners," he writes, "whether the news is good or bad. Moms know the reason for tears need not always be explained, but a big hug, a laugh, and chocolate always make things brighter."
------A mom is a daughter's role model through each stage of life,------
and wise and fortunate mothers are able to stay one step ahead of their daughters' development along the way. A motherıs comfort soothes hurt feelings from playground to prom, from first-job pitfalls to first-pregnancy concerns.
---There is no substitute in a daughterıs life for Mom.------
This is 'exactly' correct...especially the role model. There is no more important person in a child's development that the same sex role model in the home....
Your home does not supply her this crucial model...
Yes, a mother's love.....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/07/14...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/10/n...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/07/police-...

http://www.examiner.com/article/naperville-wo...

Gender has NOTHING to do with parenting skills.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1365 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Why a Daughter Needs a Mom:
...
Nope, not necessary.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1366 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And only a moron attempts to predict the outcome of a case based on the oral arguments.
Well you left-wing 'morons' were predicting the outcome 'BEFORE' the oral arguments...so take a nice long look in that mirror (but not too long..we don't want it to crack)
Remember how everyone predicted Obamacare would be ovterturned after oral agruments?
I do. Remember how some thought it wouldn't???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1367 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not necessary.
It's a shame your daughter has to charter these waters alone..you are a selfish selfish man...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1368 Apr 10, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
A man can not be a 'mother' no matter how well he 'parents'....

Only 'mothers' can offer daughters the things listed above...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1369 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Various groups have done studies of kids raised by same-sex couples over the years. None have found any difference between kids raised by opposite-sex couples.
You mean those 'self-reported' studies where 'the parents' said the kids were fine???? Hmmmm surprise surprise!!!

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#1370 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Various groups have done studies of kids raised by same-sex couples over the years. None have found any difference between kids raised by opposite-sex couples.
And, not that it should be a concern, but those raised by same-sex couples are also no more likely to be gay than those raised by ignorant homophobes.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#1371 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is telling you you 'can't' raise children...it's not a question of what's best for 'you', but what's best for 'the children'....
And there's not anything at all remotely harmful about the gay parents of a kid being married as opposed to not being married, and those are the ONLY options available. The idea that if you put Jim Crow laws in place preventing marriage equality, these kids will magically have Ward and June Cleaver appear is hogwash. Marriage equality won't cause any more gay people, or gay parents. It'll only bring more stability into those families. Those kids WANT their parents to be married.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1372 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you left-wing 'morons' were predicting the outcome 'BEFORE' the oral arguments...so take a nice long look in that mirror (but not too long..we don't want it to crack)
<quoted text>
I do. Remember how some thought it wouldn't???
Correct, based on the legal principles of the case, not the oral arguments.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1373 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame your daughter has to charter these waters alone..you are a selfish selfish man...
Alone? What makes you think she's alone?

You are a stupid stupid whatever it is you are.....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1374 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean those 'self-reported' studies where 'the parents' said the kids were fine???? Hmmmm surprise surprise!!!
Nope, studies of kids who are now adults that were raised by same-sex couples.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#1375 Apr 10, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame your daughter has to charter these waters alone..you are a selfish selfish man...
And you are a vile piece of trash. The idea that a child is "missing" something from having two loving, committed parents who happen to be gay is just crap. What is selfish is to attack families because of your ignorant, cowardly bigotry, to say kids are better off with no parents at all than with parents who happen to be gay. Don't pretend you give a damn about these kids.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#1376 Apr 10, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
And there's not anything at all remotely harmful about the gay parents of a kid being married as opposed to not being married, and those are the ONLY options available.
If there's no harm being done...why are we having this discussion???
The idea that if you put Jim Crow laws in place preventing marriage equality, these kids will magically have Ward and June Cleaver appear is hogwash.
Ummmmm, no one said that....and "Jim Crow" is not applicable to this circumstance...
Marriage equality won't cause any more gay people,


What are you talking about???
or gay parents.
HUH??????
It'll only bring more stability into those families. Those kids WANT their parents to be married.
They're kids...they don't know what is best for them...that's why they have us....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to use BDM frame aluminium 37 min jimmyLIN 3
News Magna says Ontario's proposed labor laws make p... 10 hr Rich become richer 1
How to install VAS 5054A ODIS 3.0.3 Windows 7 20 hr car-diagnostic-tool 3
MPPS V21 Software Download Free Sun lalaura 5
News Would you buy a car from Amazon? Sun JWD1216 3
FGtech Galletto 4 Review Jul 20 uobd2 2
SKP1000 Key Programmer Introduction Jul 20 car-diagnostic-tool 1
More from around the web