However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2448 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read it today. I don't care about the other thread...I don't follow topix the way you all do...in any event, what 'facts' are you waiting to see come out?
Well then that's your flipping problem......but you don't need to copy and paste it all over the Gay/Lesbian forum like you got a new set of panties or something!!!

I've already stated what I'm waiting for......considering that each news report keeps changing the story just a bit and the ages of the girls!!!

You on the other hand are willing to condemn Kaitlyn before you truly know all of the details......I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was a heterosexual teenage couple?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2449 May 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then that's your flipping problem......but you don't need to copy and paste it all over the Gay/Lesbian forum like you got a new set of panties or something!!!
I've already stated what I'm waiting for......considering that each news report keeps changing the story just a bit and the ages of the girls!!!
You on the other hand are willing to condemn Kaitlyn before you truly know all of the details......I wonder if you'd feel the same way if it was a heterosexual teenage couple?
I want to make sure 'all' are informed...if I didn't see this, maybe others hadn't either.

The fact that she has been charged says the investigation of your 'facts' are complete....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2450 May 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If she wasn't an adult...why is she trying to have it reduced to a misdemeanor???

Kaitlyn Hunt, Florida teen facing felony charges for same-sex underage relationship speaks

Teen arrested, expelled for relationship
ShareThis

Posted: 05/23/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours ago

SEBASTIAN, Fla.- The 18-year-old Sebastian girl who is facing felony charges for her sexual relationship with a 14-year-old female schoolmate broke her silence on Wednesday in front of a crowd of supporters.

When Kaitlyn Hunt first took to the podium, she broke down and was embraced by her mother and father.

Hunt faces two felony charges of lewd and lascivious battery.

"I'm scared of losing my life, the rest of my life and not being able to go to college or be around kids. Be around my sisters and my family," said Hunt.

If Hunt is convicted of having a relationship with a 14-year-old girl, she will have to register as a "sex offender."

Her lawyer, Julia Graves, is asking the charges be reduced to a misdemeanor.

The 'evidence' is there...she's not even denying it...she just doesn't want it to follow her around for the rest of her life...she's a sex offender! She molested that little girl!!!

#2451 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to make sure 'all' are informed...if I didn't see this, maybe others hadn't either.
The fact that she has been charged says the investigation of your 'facts' are complete....
People were......and if this wasn't about a teenage lesbian.....you'd have NEVER even been interested in it!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2452 May 23, 2013
OMG! If this don't beat all.......

ACLU, gay rights advocates rally around Kaitlyn Hunt

Sebastian woman, 18, charged in same-sex relationship with 14-year-old

UPDATED 12:02 PM EDT May 22, 2013

SEBASTIAN, Fla.—Gay rights advocates and the American Civil Liberties Union are rallying around an 18-year-old Sebastian woman who was expelled from school and faces criminal charges for having sexual contact with her former high school girlfriend.

Sheriff defends arrest of 18-year-old arrested in same-sex...

Kaitlyn Hunt was charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12 to 16 in February. Prosecutors have offered a plea deal that includes two years of house arrest and a year of probation.

Hunt's parents mounted a social media campaign last week as their daughter faced two felony charges that could land her in jail for 15 years. She has until Friday to accept the plea deal.

Her parents maintain the other girl's parents made the criminal complaint because they were angry that their daughter was in a homosexual relationship and waited until Hunt turned 18 to pursue charges.

Indian River County Sheriff Deryl Loar said the relationship began when the victim was 14 and progressed to sexual acts after Hunt was 18,

-------- of which he said she has confessed.---------

Loar said the age of consent is 16 in Florida, and they have investigated and prosecuted many other similar incidents, including same-sex relationships.

"That has nothing to do with it," Loar said at a news conference earlier this week. "If this was an 18-year-old male and that was a 14-year-old girl, it would have been prosecuted the same way."

State attorney Bruce Colton said the arrest has nothing to do with Hunt's sexual preference. He said the law is designed to protect younger children from people who are older and can be more aggressive in forming a relationship.

But the ACLU of Florida has condemned the prosecution, saying in part that Hunt's behavior "is both

----------fairly innocuous ----------

and extremely common."

Read more: http://www.wpbf.com/news/south-florida/treasu...

Fairly innocuous??? Who are 'they' to determine how this grown woman's behavior effected this child???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2453 May 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
People were......
How would you even know that???
and if this wasn't about a teenage lesbian.....you'd have NEVER even been interested in it!!!
Not true...but I wouldn't have posted it here....that part is true...

#2454 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
There's more going on here......obviously some comments from another article are clues that more is going on:
http://lezgetreal.com/2013/05/abuse-of-the-la...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2455 May 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
There's more going on here......obviously some comments from another article are clues that more is going on:
http://lezgetreal.com/2013/05/abuse-of-the-la...
You mean this??????

Abuse Of The Law: Bigoted Parents Have Daughter’s Girlfriend Arrested

Posted by: Bridgette P. LaVictoire on May 20, 2013.

Kaitlyn Hunt is a senior at Sebastian River High School in Sebastian, Florida. She has been charged with two felony counts of “lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12 to 16 years of age” because she had a sexual relationship with a fifteen-year-old girl. The catch, Kaitlyn only turned 18 at the end of last year.

Hunt was arrested on 16 February after her girlfriend’s parents filed a complaint with local police. According to Kaitlyn’s mother, Kelley Hunt Smith,“She had a mutual consenting relationship with her girlfriend who is three years younger, and her parents had her arrested... This is about two teenage high school girls who were dating, and both consenting...They were out to destroy my daughter, they feel like my daughter ‘made’ their daughter gay. They are bigoted, religious zeolites [sic] that see being gay as a sin and wrong, and they blame my daughter.”

The two girls have been dating for more than a year. Hunt turned 18 on 14 August of 2012.

The child's parents' beliefs are allowed by law...a woman molesting a child isn't.....
It doesn't matter what the 'motivation' from the teen's parents was...her parents had a right to prosecute this sex offender for touching their child...what does that have to do with anything?

#2456 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean this??????
The link was posted and I was directing you to read the comments at the end of the article, but your dumbazz can't read them......wonder why?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2457 May 23, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
The link was posted and I was directing you to read the comments at the end of the article, but your dumbazz can't read them......wonder why?
Who cares what these people think??? It's about the law! So what the cops the kid talk to her abuser while the cops were on the phone???? Who cares??? A 14 year old can not give consent! PERIOD!!!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2458 May 23, 2013
This is unbelievable....

HIV-infected southwestern Illinois teacher's aide accused of sexually assaulting student

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS – An Illinois special-needs teaching assistant accused of molesting a teenage student in school while knowingly infected with HIV remained jailed Tuesday as police investigated another claim of similar misconduct by the man involving a different student.

Prosecutors in St. Clair County east of St. Louis charged Mario L. Hunt, 35, on Monday with felony counts of criminal sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual abuse and "transmitting" HIV through intimate contact during the first half of 2011, when the student was 17. The transmission charge means a defendant merely exposed a victim to the virus that causes AIDS, not necessarily causing actual infection.

Ryan said a parent reported earlier this month to school administrators that her son had suspicious text and Facebook exchanges with Hunt. As the district was investigating that, the mother also went to the village's police, who interviewed Hunt last week, Ryan and Plew said.

Without identifying the teenager, the criminal complaint alleges Hunt "holds a position of trust, authority or supervision" over him. Ryan said he was uncertain whether the teenager had been a student in the special-needs classroom Hunt assisted or if the young man was the son of the mother who originally complained. Either way, Ryan said, privacy laws preclude him from divulging any link between the teen and Hunt.

Hunt, who also served as the high school's boy's assistant track coach and athletic trainer, remains on the district's payroll, pending a June 10 meeting where the school board will consider his employment status, Ryan said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14/hiv-infe...

This has to stop!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#2459 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
This is unbelievable....
HIV-infected southwestern Illinois teacher's aide accused of sexually assaulting student
Associated Press
ST. LOUIS – An Illinois special-needs teaching assistant accused of molesting a teenage student in school while knowingly infected with HIV remained jailed Tuesday as police investigated another claim of similar misconduct by the man involving a different student.
Prosecutors in St. Clair County east of St. Louis charged Mario L. Hunt, 35, on Monday with felony counts of criminal sexual assault, aggravated criminal sexual abuse and "transmitting" HIV through intimate contact during the first half of 2011, when the student was 17. The transmission charge means a defendant merely exposed a victim to the virus that causes AIDS, not necessarily causing actual infection.
Ryan said a parent reported earlier this month to school administrators that her son had suspicious text and Facebook exchanges with Hunt. As the district was investigating that, the mother also went to the village's police, who interviewed Hunt last week, Ryan and Plew said.
Without identifying the teenager, the criminal complaint alleges Hunt "holds a position of trust, authority or supervision" over him. Ryan said he was uncertain whether the teenager had been a student in the special-needs classroom Hunt assisted or if the young man was the son of the mother who originally complained. Either way, Ryan said, privacy laws preclude him from divulging any link between the teen and Hunt.
Hunt, who also served as the high school's boy's assistant track coach and athletic trainer, remains on the district's payroll, pending a June 10 meeting where the school board will consider his employment status, Ryan said.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/14/hiv-infe...
This has to stop!
What has to stop is you posting OFF TOPIC on these threads!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#2460 May 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Want a list of more permutations ?
:)
no thanks

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2461 May 23, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>What has to stop is you posting OFF TOPIC on these threads!
I have offered many times to post stories on this and the religion forum but GTF has yet to take me up on my offer. All they have to do is PM me via Topix messages and I can post a story here or on the religion forum.

I personally do not like GTF and think they are a whack job but I have offered and the offer is still open.

On a side note to GTF, anyone can suggest a story on any forum. This can be done by contacting the editor of the Forum, which many people do with me, or by using the suggestion option. Better yet they should apply to become an editor, particularly on the HIV thread.

(I hope you see now GTF that I am NOT trying to silence you nor is anyone else. We just would like for you to follow t5he TOS)

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#2462 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about??? They could have married any member of the opposite sex, regardless of 'their' orientation or the orientation of the o/s person they chose to marry...
But stupid, a man can marry a woman, yet a woman can't. That's not equal.
A woman can marry a man, yet a man can't. Again, not equal.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#2463 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
This is unbelievable....
!
Spend a lot of time searching for stories like this? Get's you worked up, huh?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2464 May 24, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have offered many times to post stories on this and the religion forum but GTF has yet to take me up on my offer. All they have to do is PM me via Topix messages and I can post a story here or on the religion forum.
I personally do not like GTF and think they are a whack job but I have offered and the offer is still open.
On a side note to GTF, anyone can suggest a story on any forum. This can be done by contacting the editor of the Forum, which many people do with me, or by using the suggestion option. Better yet they should apply to become an editor, particularly on the HIV thread.
(I hope you see now GTF that I am NOT trying to silence you nor is anyone else. We just would like for you to follow t5he TOS)
I'll post what I like where I like, thank you...you worry about yourself...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2465 May 24, 2013
Florida teen rejects plea deal in controversial same-sex caseBy Ashley Fantz, CNN
updated 3:31 PM EDT, Fri May 24, 2013

A Florida teen has rejected a deal under which she would plead guilty to child abuse
The 18-year-old is charged with a sex crime, accused of having oral sex with a 14-year-old
Authorities: The charges are not related to the sexual orientation of the teens
14-year-old's parents: We are trying to protect our daughter; sexual orientation isn't an issue

(CNN)-- Eighteen-year-old Kaitlyn Hunt, charged with a crime for having oral sex with a 14-year-old girl, rejected a deal Friday that would have required her to plead guilty to a child abuse charge, according to Hunt's attorney.

Hunt was charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery after the parents of the 14-year-old went to authorities. The teens say their relationship was consensual, but in Florida a person under the age of 16 is not legally able to give consent to sex.

If Hunt is convicted, she could go to prison for 15 years -- a reality that touched off a maelstrom of controversy across the country this past week. The case became known when Hunt's family began an online campaign accusing the victim's family of going after their daughter because the case involved two girls.

The plea deal from the Indian River County prosecutor's office would have required Hunt to plead guilty to felony child abuse, spend two years being tracked and one year of probation. According to the plea deal document, Hunt would have had to agree to stay away from and not contact the 14-year-old, and provide her probation officer with immediate access to her Internet and telephone communication.

Read the full offer

In a statement saying that Hunt was rejecting the plea deal, her attorney, Julia Graves, wrote:

"This is a situation of two teenagers who happen to be of the same sex involved in a relationship. If this case involved a boy and girl, there would be no media attention to this case.

"Our client is a model citizen. She has been placed in an environment of school with her classmates where they go to school together, have lunch together, and play on the same team and are allowed to have communication and contact without barriers. Then when something develops between the two as a result of this environment created by the state, it leads to criminal prosecution."

"If this incident occurred 108 days earlier when she was 17, we wouldn't even be here," the attorney wrote.

...and 'if' she had left that child alone, she wouldn't be in this mess....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2466 May 24, 2013
[QUOTE who"This is a situation of two teenagers who happen to be of the same sex involved in a relationship. If this case involved a boy and girl, there would be no media attention to this case.
[/QUOTE]

Don't like it when the sword swings the other way I see....

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#2467 May 24, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll post what I like where I like, thank you...you worry about yourself...
I was trying to be nice.

My mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cadillac XTS left rear door glass lifter initia... 6 hr Ambrosio 1
How to use IKEYCUTTER CONDOR XC-007 Master Seri... 13 hr Janealen 1
News This 1953 Ford F-100 Started With A Teenage Kid... 14 hr KreJaMillyLaVonn 3
Volvo Vcads 88890180 PTT software Free download Wed sitedesign 11
Xtool EZ300 and Xtool EZ400 which one is cost-e... Wed car-diagnostic-tool 1
VVDI2 Commander Key Programmer - it's all here (Oct '15) Wed uobd2 10
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) Tue Teresa King 210
More from around the web