However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2360 May 11, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
APA Says Pedophilia is Not a Mental Disorder
Posted on August 20, 2011 by Giacomo
Yesterday, I posted a blog where I talked about moral absolutes and used an argument about pedophilia being defended today by a number of psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers.
I also stated if anyone didn’t believe the argument I used, then they needed to do some research over the past 10 years and they would find a number of articles where professional psychiatrists have even defended pedophilia.
As if it were meant to be or just perfect coincidental timing, I found a newly posted article claiming that some members of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) want to remove pedophilia from the list of mental disorders.
Matt Barber with the Liberty Counsel Action group attended the meetings where the announcement was made and reported that the discussions were concerned more with the public perception of pedophilia than with the victims, focusing on:
“Destigmatizing pedophilia … removing the stigma, and [getting] the public to stop demonizing pedophiles,” and that,“The entire focus of the event was on the victimhood of the pedophile,” Barber accounts. There was “very little concern for the children who are the victims of these individuals when they are raped, who these individuals lust after.”
Just saying.....
So some blogger "found an article" stating SOME members of the APA wanted to remove pedophilia as as disorder. That's not even remotely close to your assertion that "the APA" as a whole is working to do so. Your reading comprehension is so pathetic, you don't even realize how frequently it makes you a liar.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2361 May 11, 2013
LawandOrder_ wrote:
<quoted text>Which means that you support incest and bestiality marriages. YUCK.
Gee, another retarded moron who lacks the ability to read and comprehend what others post. How unexpected in Topix. Not.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2363 May 12, 2013
Fredrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Queer, how many little boys have you molested this year alone??
Hey closet queer. How many gay sex day dreams had you had today?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2365 May 12, 2013
LawandOrder_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is unrealistic to expect 20, when there are only 19 up for grabs.
Twenty states practicing marriage equality is actually quite likely.

Surely you are aware that substantive moves are already afoot in at least three of those 31 states to reverse their constitutional amendments. And at least one of those is likely to succeed in 2014. Another of the remaining 30 states may very well be celebrating same-sex marriage again in time for the country's 237'th birthday.

So far we have ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, DE, MD, IA, WA, and DC. MN seems destined to become the twelfth state to recognize marriage equality.

Several more states with no constitutional barriers are highly likely to enact equality within the next few years, including NJ, IL, NM, and HI. Another state, CA, is likely to lose its constitutional ban when SCOTUS rules next month.[If SCOTUS upholds Prop 8, it will be repealed by the electorate in 2014 or 2016.]

That brings us to 17 states highly likely to enact marriage equality without even requiring voters to change their constitutions. So we'd like at least one of the following states that have neither constitutional bans nor marriage equality laws to join the sixteen previously mentioned: PA, IN, WV, or WY. Within a decade, I would expect at least Pennsylvania to move forward. Wyoming is probably the next most-likely, or even most-likely because of the small population.[As we've seen in RI and DE, small states can change their attitudes rather quickly.]

And we also need at least one state to overturn its constitutional ban at the ballot box. A credible effort is already underway in OR. NV has also taken substantive action. Just this year, CO enacted civil unions. Expect a strong effort to repeal its same-sex marriage ban in 2016. There are even murmurings in OH, MI, and FL.(Despite FL's decisive vote to ban same-sex marriage a few years ago, gay rights organizations have recently swept the cities and counties with local protections for GLBT's and their partners. Attitudes are changing quickly, even in the conservative parts of the Sunshine State.]

So my optimistic outlook for 2020 would be 22-23 states. Twenty would be the pessimistic outlook.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2366 May 14, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
So some blogger "found an article" stating SOME members of the APA wanted to remove pedophilia as as disorder. That's not even remotely close to your assertion that "the APA" as a whole is working to do so.
Oh, yes it does mean the APA as a whole are working towards removing pedophilia as a disorder...just as they did homosexuality...soon, it will spill over into incest and animals....

Your precious APA won't stop at you....didn't you know that???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2367 May 14, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability or desire to procreate is not a requirement for marriage in any state. So it's most certainly NOT an issue of any relevance to legal recognition of one's marriage. It's only an issue to bigots like you who want to stick your nose into other people's bedrooms.
I couldn't care any less about your bedroom...

Last I checked...procreation happens 'outside' the bedroom too....
Same sex coupling is perfectly natural for homosexuals. The world isn't defined nor subject to what you or other heterosexuals deem "natural".
...and it's totally 'natural' for a pedophile to rape children...doesn't mean we should base marriage off of it....

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2368 May 14, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes it does mean the APA as a whole are working towards removing pedophilia as a disorder...just as they did homosexuality...soon, it will spill over into incest and animals....
Your precious APA won't stop at you....didn't you know that???
You apparently skipped post # 2359 which proved you were an ignorant, lying c*nt. I'll repeat the relevant portion since you probably can't count back that far:

"The final diagnostic criteria for the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) has been approved by the leadership of the American Psychiatric Association (APA)...

"Pedophilic disorder criteria will remain unchanged from DSM-4, but the disorder name will be revised from "pedophilia" to "pedophilic disorder."

link: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/775496

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2369 May 14, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently skipped post # 2359 which proved you were an ignorant, lying c*nt. I'll repeat the relevant portion since you probably can't count back that far:
"The final diagnostic criteria for the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) has been approved by the leadership of the American Psychiatric Association (APA)...
"Pedophilic disorder criteria will remain unchanged from DSM-4, but the disorder name will be revised from "pedophilia" to "pedophilic disorder."
link: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/775496
Do not confuse That Fool with facts. She is impervious to facts and reason.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2370 May 14, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care any less about your bedroom...
Last I checked...procreation happens 'outside' the bedroom too....
<quoted text>
...and it's totally 'natural' for a pedophile to rape children...doesn't mean we should base marriage off of it....
The legal problem with your analogy is sexual molestation and rape of underage children breaks multiple criminal laws. Further, children are unable to legally give informed consent to sexual acts or legal contracts. Private sexual activities between consenting same sex partners, like opposite sex partners, isn't illegal. By denying same sex marriages legal recognition, you aren't discriminating against illegal behavior; you're simply discriminating based on your prejudice. You need more than prejudice or moral disapprobation to withstand judicial scrutiny in an equal protection case or when infringing a fundamental right like marriage.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2371 May 15, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently skipped post # 2359 which proved you were an ignorant, lying c*nt. I'll repeat the relevant portion since you probably can't count back that far:
"The final diagnostic criteria for the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) has been approved by the leadership of the American Psychiatric Association (APA)...
"Pedophilic disorder criteria will remain unchanged from DSM-4, but the disorder name will be revised from "pedophilia" to "pedophilic disorder."
link: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/775496
I didn't 'skip' anything..you think everything you post is sooo important that 'everybody' has to read it don't you?? lol!!!

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2372 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't 'skip' anything..you think everything you post is sooo important that 'everybody' has to read it don't you?? lol!!!
I understand; you don't like reading things that prove you're a lying c*nt.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2373 May 15, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand; you don't like reading things.
To the contrary...I read the truth every day...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2374 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not 'dancing'...my point still holds...two ss people can 'NOT' procreate...you are the one dancing throwing in ridiculous scenarios to detract from the truth.....
You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
So WTF is your point?

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2375 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
...and when they do...they provide the child that is produced w/ a mother and a father in the home....yet another very 'necessary' point that doesn't happen w/ ss couples...
<quoted text>
You'll never know how many of those couples that 'choose not to' have children, do just that...simply because that is what results from their coupling...
<quoted text>
No, not according to the Supreme Court "essential to our very survival"....look it up....
But, dummy, back then it was illegal to have sex without being married...look it up...

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2376 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary...I read the truth every day...
But are unable to practice it. Got it.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2377 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary...I read the truth every day...
BTW, I see you're still selectively editing the truth from the posts you quote. LOL

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2378 May 15, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
But are unable to practice it. Got it.
You wouldn't know the practice of truth if it bit you on the face...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2379 May 15, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I see you're still selectively editing the truth from the posts you quote. LOL
Still think everyone has to read what you post huh??? LOL!!!

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2381 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know the practice of truth if it bit you on the face...
Based on your pathological lying in Topix, "truth" has apparently beaten you repeatedly from head to toe and you've yet to recognize it.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2382 May 15, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Still think everyone has to read what you post huh??? LOL!!!
You had to read it in order to consciously decide to delete it from your response...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Volvo Vcads 88890180 PTT software Free download 8 hr Water purifier 15
News Feds: Stop driving these Honda models immediately 20 hr Go Blue Forever 1
how to chose obd scanner for our car? 21 hr lanrce 1
Launch CRP TOUCH Pro FULL System Diagnostic Ser... 22 hr car-diagnostic-tool 1
Xhorse Condor XC-Mini key cutting adds 16 Multi... Thu Ambrosio 1
Free Download Psdzdata 3.58.2.001 E-sys 3.26.1 Thu Dtwok 2
News Goodbye, 12-volts Thu Solarman 3
More from around the web