However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2292 May 8, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Why bring it up at all when the topic is about marriage?
The only thing the Fool has is red herrings. She keeps tossing red herrings into the air for us to shoot down. But she's too dumb to realize that's happening. Just comes out with the same old red herrings over and over and over...
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2293 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I compared compulsions to compulsions....sorry you can't get the reference...
Because one's sexual orientation ISN'T a compulsion, you silly goose.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2294 May 8, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't say it was...doesn't change the fact that two ss people can't procreate...
Again.... AGAIN.... Just like millions of straight coupes with fertility issues.

Yet, you have no problem with any of THOSE couples having "unnatural", non-baby-producing sex, right??

So either you have no problem with gay couples ALSO having "unnatural", non-baby-producing sex", or all your carrying on and crying about it is because you don't have the self-respect to simply admit that you're just another ignorant, double-standard wielding bigot.

So which is it?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2295 May 9, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Why bring it up at all when the topic is about marriage?
Because it's the truth...you know...truth??? Ever bring up the truth before?? I doubt it....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2296 May 9, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Again.... AGAIN.... Just like millions of straight coupes with fertility issues.
The ability to procreate together is the issue, not whether or not they do so....man/woman procreate together...man/man...NOT!
Yet, you have no problem with any of THOSE couples having "unnatural", non-baby-producing sex, right??
What 'unnatural' sex are they having??? Sexual contact between husband and wife is also a benefit of marriage, whether a child is produced or not...
So either you have no problem with gay couples ALSO having "unnatural", non-baby-producing sex", or all your carrying on and crying about it is because you don't have the self-respect to simply admit that you're just another ignorant, double-standard wielding bigot.
Ummmmm...I'm not seeing the corrolation between o/s coupling (natural) and the unnatural coupling of homosexuals.....they are two separate things...
So which is it?
Sorry, your 'loaded' question doesn't pertain to me....

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#2297 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's the truth...you know...truth??? Ever bring up the truth before?? I doubt it....
You've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have very little acquaintance with either truth or facts, GTF. The few facts you've managed to mention in posts rarely have anything to do with the topic at hand and are nothing but the usual inane distractions.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2298 May 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
For the record, on the order of 10% of straight couples (where the woman is of child-bearing age) cannot reproduce together without intervention--typically donors or surrogates.
...and when they do...they provide the child that is produced w/ a mother and a father in the home....yet another very 'necessary' point that doesn't happen w/ ss couples...
That's twice as many straight couples who can't reproduce as potential gay couples. And that doesn't take into account a larger group of straight couples who choose not to reproduce. Nor a still larger group of straight couples whose wife is not of child-bearing age.
You'll never know how many of those couples that 'choose not to' have children, do just that...simply because that is what results from their coupling...
The fact that gays can't reproduce without intervention is insignificant within the institution of marriage.
No, not according to the Supreme Court "essential to our very survival"....look it up....

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#2299 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
...and when they do...they provide the child that is produced w/ a mother and a father in the home....yet another very 'necessary' point that doesn't happen w/ ss couples...
I guess you've never heard of single parents.

Littleton, NH

#2300 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, the child of that same-sex couple would never have a mother and father, anyway. So again, you are throwing red herrings.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2301 May 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, the child of that same-sex couple would never have a mother and father
That's my point.....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2302 May 9, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you've never heard of single parents.
Of course I have...and so have 70% of our jail population...

single parents don't have to stay single parents, now do they????

Littleton, NH

#2303 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my point.....
What is you're point? That you can't read a complete sentence?

My point is that the child of a same sex couple wasn't going to have both a mother and father anyway. So they're being deprived of nothing: They're merely obtaining the blessing of having two parents instead of one or none.

But go ahead: Say something else stupid.

Littleton, NH

#2304 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
On average, children do not do as well with step-parents in the home as they do with parents who've raised them from birth. More importantly, all evidence suggests that children do just as well in same-sex households as comparable opposite-sex households. And both do better than single-parent households.

On average, of course.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2305 May 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What is you're point? That you can't read a complete sentence?
My point is that the child of a same sex couple wasn't going to have both a mother and father anyway. So they're being deprived of nothing: They're merely obtaining the blessing of having two parents instead of one or none.
But go ahead: Say something else stupid.
You are posting out of both sides of your mouth..to say that the children of ss couple wouldn't have a mother and a father anyway...then to say they are missing nothing are mutually exclusive.....

If they don't have a mother AND a father in the home...(just like in single-parent homes), they are in fact missing something...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2306 May 9, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
On average, children do not do as well with step-parents in the home as they do with parents who've raised them from birth.
What statistic are 'you' quoting?? Do you realize that EVERY ss family is a 'step--parent' family???
More importantly, all evidence suggests that children do just as well in same-sex households as comparable opposite-sex households.
Sorry,'all' the evidence doesn't point to that at all..
And both do better than single-parent households.
On average, of course.
That may be true...but nothing is better than mom/dad in the home..all other things considered....

Littleton, NH

#2307 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You are posting out of both sides of your mouth..to say that the children of ss couple wouldn't have a mother and a father anyway...then to say they are missing nothing are mutually exclusive.....
No, there is nothing mutually exclusive about that. The fact is that children adopted into same-sex households would not be raised by both biological parents anyway. Nobody can deny that.

The argument you made is that the children are somehow worse off because they aren't with a mother and father. While I disagree with your premise, it doesn't matter since the children would not be with their biological parents anyway.

It's like saying that I would have been better off if my parents were rich. One could reasonably argue that I wouldn't actually be better off if my parents were rich, since they more than adequately provided for me in every material, spiritual, and nurturing way. But it doesn't matter. I didn't have the opportunity to grow up rich. So whether I would have been better off or not is irrelevant.
If they don't have a mother AND a father in the home...(just like in single-parent homes), they are in fact missing something...
Again, they are not missing anything that was even a possibility for them.

How stupid are you anyway?

Littleton, NH

#2308 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
What statistic are 'you' quoting?? Do you realize that EVERY ss family is a 'step--parent' family???
No, step parents invariably come into the child's life some time after their birth. I'm talking about couples who raise children from birth.
Yes it does. Your denials don't change facts. They only make you a fool.
That may be true...but nothing is better than mom/dad in the home..all other things considered....
I didn't say better. Just as good. But it's a red herring since it isn't even a possibility.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2309 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The ability to procreate together is the issue, not whether or not they do so....man/woman procreate together...man/man...NOT!
<quoted text>
What 'unnatural' sex are they having??? Sexual contact between husband and wife is also a benefit of marriage, whether a child is produced or not...
<quoted text>
Ummmmm...I'm not seeing the corrolation between o/s coupling (natural) and the unnatural coupling of homosexuals.....they are two separate things...
<quoted text>
Sorry, your 'loaded' question doesn't pertain to me....
Procreation is the issue, eh?

ahhahahaha
hahahahahahaha

Maybe on YOUR planet. On earth, we permit people who cannot procreate to marry, or didn't you know that? Are you new to our galaxy?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2310 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
There are MANY homes that are better than mom/dad. Especially homes where the mother is a retard and the father is abusive... or the father is an alcoholic and the mother is a jesus freak.

Sex organs have NO bearing on parenting ability.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2311 May 9, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. They can always get a mail-order bride and BINGO!,,,, automatic perfect home. Because only their sex organs matter, ain't that right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mercedes GLK X204 2014 all keys lost VVDI progr... Fri Ambrosio 1
Ford F150 vs Toyota Tundra - Frame Strength (Jan '08) Fri Well informed 14
Launch X431 V 8inch Tablet Full System Diagnost... Thu lalaura 2
El-50448 Auto TPMS Activation Tool $44.99 fo... Thu lalaura 2
XTOOL X-100 PAD Tablet Key Programmer (Nov '15) Thu Anna 16
News EPA rates VW's 2017 e-Golf at 126 mpg-e and boo... Feb 23 Solarman 1
5x127mm Wheel Spacers Features & Details Feb 22 Anonymous 1
OP-COM 2012V/ VAUX-COM 120309a Free Download (Oct '15) Jan '17 pisty10 28
More from around the web