However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2252 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Again demonstrating your lack of knowledge about humans generally and gays in particular. Also demonstrating a complete lack of compassion for fellow humans.
Just how far does 'your' compassion extend I wonder??? Does it extend to man in love with his cow 'Bessie'???? Feel compassion for 'that particular' fellow human??? What about for the man that needs to have more than one woman, or the women that needs to have more than one man....any 'compassion' for 'those' fellow humans? Just how far does 'your' compassion go I wonder???
It's well known that people who form life-long intimate partnerships are healthier and happier than those who don't.
Yet, husbands and wives die everyday of all different ages....
Denying one's sexuality confines one to a lifestyle that limits happiness as well as longevity for most people.
...and denying one's self of chocolate cake does the same thing...but you can't eat chocolate cake all the time, now can you???
That's why admitting your sexuality is a blessing: It allows you to find a compatible mate. It also allows you to stop hiding and hating yourself. The alternative is to hang out in airport bathrooms tapping your foot--an all-too-common coping mechanism of those who will not accept their own sexuality.
Ummmm...offhand...I wouldn't know...but I'm sure there are other 'alternatives'......
I am blessed by having my husband of 25 years. I hope that you are blessed by your husband, as well.
You didn't answer my question....blessed by whom????
Perhaps you don't feel blessed to have him. Maybe that's why you show such contempt for others who have found wonderful mates.
I show 'contempt' towards you???? I don't even know you....How do I show you contempt??? By simply disagreeing with you???

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2253 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who are 100% NOT going to ever reproduce are homosexuals together....that's it....
OMG, really??? So you believe that a man that's had a vasectomy having sex with a woman with no ovaries carries the possibility of a pregnancy??? REALLY???

I can see where your problem lies now. You don't know anything about anything at all, do you? You're just grasping at straws and hoping no one notices.

So, again, based on your "no babies, no sex" policy, should that couple be prevented from having unnatural sex together? Or is it just the gays that you hold to that standard??

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2254 May 7, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, really??? So you believe that a man that's had a vasectomy having sex with a woman with no ovaries carries the possibility of a pregnancy??? REALLY???
Don't go to any extremes to prove your point...exceptions dear, exceptions...gay people...no exceptions dear...no exceptions...

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2255 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go to any extremes to prove your point...exceptions dear, exceptions...gay people...no exceptions dear...no exceptions...
Extremes??? Not at all.

Please DO support you position that it's okay to make "exceptions" for straight people having "unnatural" sex, but not gay people. WHY??

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2256 May 7, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Extremes??? Not at all.
Please DO support you position that it's okay to make "exceptions" for straight people having "unnatural" sex, but not gay people. WHY??
Who said the straight man w/ the vasectomy and the straight woman with no ovaries have 'unnatural' sex???

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2257 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said the straight man w/ the vasectomy and the straight woman with no ovaries have 'unnatural' sex???
Based on your definition of "sex that cannot possibly produce a baby" being unnatural, you did.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2258 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying this is incorrect??
It's not just incorrect. It's absurd. You wouldn't have to think for even half a second to realize how wrong that is. Unless, of course, you're too FOS to think at all.

Littleton, NH

#2259 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how far does 'your' compassion extend I wonder??? Does it extend to man in love with his cow 'Bessie'???? Feel compassion for 'that particular' fellow human??? What about for the man that needs to have more than one woman, or the women that needs to have more than one man....any 'compassion' for 'those' fellow humans? Just how far does 'your' compassion go I wonder???
<quoted text>
Yet, husbands and wives die everyday of all different ages....
<quoted text>
...and denying one's self of chocolate cake does the same thing...but you can't eat chocolate cake all the time, now can you???
<quoted text>
Ummmm...offhand...I wouldn't know...but I'm sure there are other 'alternatives'......
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question....blessed by whom????
<quoted text>
I show 'contempt' towards you???? I don't even know you....How do I show you contempt??? By simply disagreeing with you???
I see you're trying for a Guinness Record on either stupidity or BS. I'm not sure which one.

Myself, I think I'll have a Guinness Stout.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2260 May 7, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on your definition of "sex that cannot possibly produce a baby" being unnatural, you did.
Well then you misunderstood...what they are doing,'CAN' produce a baby, whether it does or not....

Not so with two ss people...clear now???

Littleton, NH

#2261 May 7, 2013
eJohn wrote:
I can see where your problem lies now. You don't know anything about anything at all, do you? You're just grasping at straws and hoping no one notices.
eJohn, you've seen me around long enough to know that I don't call people names. As many times as I've called the Fool stupid and FOS, it's merely an observation. Sometimes, one just can't ignore the elephant in the room any longer.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2262 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just incorrect. It's absurd. You wouldn't have to think for even half a second to realize how wrong that is. Unless, of course, you're too FOS to think at all.
Are you saying two ss people can procreate together???

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2263 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're trying for a Guinness Record on either stupidity or BS. I'm not sure which one.
Myself, I think I'll have a Guinness Stout.
I didn't notice any answers to my questions....

Littleton, NH

#2264 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I am saying that many opposite sex couples cannot procreate together. Do you have any comprehension of your own posts? Do you have any reading comprehension at all?

Littleton, NH

#2265 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice any answers to my questions....
No need. If you had any reading comprehension, you wouldn't have asked such stupid questions.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2266 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter if any two people can procreate......procreation is NOT a requirement in order to get married!!!

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#2267 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who are 100% NOT going to ever reproduce are homosexuals together....that's it....
Why not? Couldn't a gay man and a lesbian reproduce?
Anyway, the issue is marriage.
And since you don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, what does it matter?

Panorama City, CA

#2268 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head...'various theories'...nothing confirmed or substantiated....thank you for proving my point.
<quoted text>
Actually, you've just shown that I am right....
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about about sociology....I'm talking about 'biology'...
You can in fact tell a black person they are black because of 'biology', though you may not be able to relate socially....
<quoted text>
I never said I know more about being gay...my only contention is no one know 'why' you are gay....there is no scientific conclusion...
It's an interesting subject, but really has fk all to do with the issue of gay marriage.
The gay marriage issue is a simple one of equal rights, and there just isn't a rational argument against it.
Sorry.
And it seems more an more people are realizing that.
And even people who still disagree with gay marriage are realizing their objection is based on personal bigotry.

Panorama City, CA

#2269 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
So????????
<quoted text>
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't...I think it depends on the individual, same as alcoholics. Ever heard of a 'functioning' alcoholic???
<quoted text>
Ummmm, denying one's attractions is something we all have to do on a daily basis...if you are an adult and have self control....
Fundies are simple minded and think in terms of "either/or".
Yeah, sometimes it's a good idea to deny one's attractions, but it's not always a good idea to deny them completely.
As an example, it's a good idea for me to deny myself my desire to eat a large pizza everyday, BUT it's not a good idea to always deny my desire to eat.
I imagine gay people feel the same way towards members of the same sex as I feel towards members of the opposite sex. Why should gay people always deny themselves?

Panorama City, CA

#2270 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Just using your definition of "unnatural".(Can't produce a child)

Panorama City, CA

#2271 May 7, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then you misunderstood...what they are doing,'CAN' produce a baby, whether it does or not....
Not so with two ss people...clear now???
WTF? A woman who doesn't have ovaries CAN'T have a baby, where would the egg come from!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to use XPROG-M ECU Wiring Diagram for BMW C... 5 hr Janealen 2
Xtool X-100 PAD vs. Xtool X100 PRO vs. X300 Plus 5 hr Jackcloud 3
News Goodbye, 12-volts 9 hr Solarman 1
Volvo 88890300 Vocom Interface PTT 2.03.20 for ... Mon uobd2 1
toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to frame rot! (Apr '08) Jun 25 thomas sewell 212
original Xhorse VVDI MB BGA TOOL--- it's all here (Dec '15) Jun 25 question 3
News British Millennials: You've stolen our future Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web