However court rules, gay marriage deb...

However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

There are 2348 comments on the NewsCenter 25 story from Mar 28, 2013, titled However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end. In it, NewsCenter 25 reports that:

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsCenter 25.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2191 May 3, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know many straight guys. They swear off women all the time. And then go back to them, of course.
You don't know very much about the real world, do you?
They swear off getting involved...not women...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2192 May 3, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your amazingly simple mind does "swearing off men" automatically mean that one turns to women.
Poor you. So simple.
You tell me...you are the one who swore them off....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2193 May 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people trying to "destroy what marriage is" are thosem 50%+ of heteros who get married & cheat & divorce & remarry & cheat & divorce & remarry & ........
Actually, they are trying to get it right...just need some guidance....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2194 May 3, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So he's choosing to pretend to be straight, just like your "ex"-gay husband.
I can pretend to be an astronaut, but that won't get me into space.
Maybe he's 'choosing' to be straight after 'choosing' to be gay...

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#2195 May 3, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:

Is there a reason to fix other birth defects?? Of course there's a reason...it's coming to light that homosexuality is a result of a 'mix-up' in the womb...soon we will be able to tell which babies are effected, from there I don't know what we will do...but it will be interesting to see.
Let's hope they figure out what goes wrong that makes someone so stupid they become a fundie, so we can fix that.
The Romans tried lions. But I think there might be something more humane.(Poor lions...)

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2196 May 3, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they are trying to get it right...just need some guidance....
Maybe they should ask the millions of gay couples like me & my hubby who've been together for 26+ years.....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2197 May 3, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he's 'choosing' to be straight after 'choosing' to be gay...
Nope, people don't choose their sexual orientation, they can only choose whether to accept their natural sexuality or pretend to be something they aren't- like your "ex"-gay husband.

In the end their natural orientation always wins out.

“From a distance...”

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#2198 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
Ummmm, no it doesn't....innate is what you is 'inside' you...not in your surroundings...
innate&#8194;
1. existing in one from birth;-------inborn-------; native: innate musical talent.
[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]
If something happens while in utero that effects of influences one's sexual orientation, it happens before birth, you ignorant c*nt. So it does in fact exist in one from birth.

[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]So it's not a valid research study??? Just a headline huh??? Have you read the article....seems like these people know what they are doing.....sorry they had the integrity to not align it with your propaganda....
Yes, I read the article. It was about the results from the researchers' model positing homosexuality as a heritable trait via epigenetics. The researchers themselves were never quoted as stating there "was no gay gene". And you yourself previously asserted the epigenetics modeling results were still a "theory" that hasn't been proven. Besides, even a retarded hag like you should have learned by now that one can't prove the non-exsitance of something via the scientific method.
Get That Fool wrote:
Ummmm...no, you misread the article...the 'FACT' that there is no gay gene is solid...what they are theorizing is the possibility of it being caused some other way...'that' is what is based on the mathematical model, and has yet to be proven...nice try...
And the headline "no gay gene" is really unrelated to the contents of the article or what the researchers are studying. Their research is not to prove the non-existance of a gay gene but to prove the existence of other genetic causal factors.

Your erroneous assertion of "no gay gene" being a fact is simply the deluded ramblings of your intellectually retarded mind. That no research conclusively proved the existence of a single "gay gene" does not preclude that one exists or that combinations of genes acting together don't cause or influence homosexual orientation. The scientific method can't prove the nonexistence of something. What's happened is researchers have shifted their focus to other areas that seem more promising in revealing a causality factor or process.

Again, the bottom line is you're simply unqualified to comprehend, much less discuss, scientific studies because of the laughably stupid errors you make (like conflating a media headline with proven research results).

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2199 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not one study that confirms a genetic component to homosexuality...that is a lie....
Twin studies do in fact confirm a genetic component. They also confirm homosexuality is not exclusively caused by a single or multiple genes.

"The results, published online this month in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, confirm earlier findings that identical twins are more concordant for same-sex behaviors than fraternal twins are but only modestly so: In men, genetic effects appeared to explain 34% to 39% of the differences between the two twin groups, whereas in women, genetics accounted for only about 18% to 19% of the difference..."

link: http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2008/06...

And here's a much better article about the epigenetic research into homosexuality than your lousy "Salon" article. And it appeared in Fox News, of all places!

link: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/12/11/homo...

Some excerpts from the Fox News article:

"The search for a "gay gene" may be off-target, new research finds. Another process called epigenetics that switches genes on and off may explain why homosexuality runs in families."

---> Note it doesn't state there is "no gay gene" but rather the search for one is likely off target.

"An epi-mark also determines when, where and how much a gene is expressed, according to the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis."

"Thus, if an epi-mark that kept a mother from getting exposed to high testosterone in development gets passed on to her son the opposite sex it could desensitize him to testosterone, contributing to his sexual preference for men. Similarly, if a male-specific epi-mark from dad gets passed to a daughter, it could "masculinize" her sexual preference, making her more interested in women."

"These findings could explain why twin studies show that homosexuality runs in families, but no "gay gene" can be found, Rice said. In identical twins, there's about a 20 percent chance that if one twin is gay, the other will be too. If genetic change were responsible for homosexuality, you'd expect a much higher match, Rice said. Epigenetics, however, can explain the heritability without the need for a specific genetic change."

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2200 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I do believe I've already made that point...but thanks for reiterating it...lol!!!
And you also erroneously asserted that something occurring in the womb prior to birth meant it wasn't innate.
Get That Fool wrote:
There is not one study that confirms a genetic component to homosexuality...that is a big lie...
Wrong again. The big lie is your erroneous belief you're an intelligent human being that's qualified to discuss scientific research, genetic or otherwise.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2201 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
So???...'malfunction' is in fact a word in the english language...AND it fits in my conversation...I'm allowed....
No, it fits your prejudice against gays. You need to believe homosexuality is a result of a mistake, flaw, malfunction or other unintended consequence in order to deem it "unnatural" and thus justify your bigotry. Thats why you constantly twist and misrepresent research findings and even laughably claim a media headline is a valid research study result.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2202 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not what the study is saying...
You haven't read the actual study; you've only read media summaries and interpretations of it. Which is why you don't know the study is discussing homosexuality as just one of several "traits influenced by fetal androgen signaling". Among those other traits are hypospadias and cryptorchidism who do affect heterosexuals.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2203 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the study...we do...we all start out from ground zero...heterosexual...I didn't conduct the research or write up the findings...
The study did not equate epigentic markers starting at "ground zero" with heterosexuality. That's your misinterpretation of media interpretations of the actual study.
Get That Fool wrote:
Again...not what the study suggests...the researchers suggest its a side effect from overproducing hormones...if the hormones did not overproduce...the child would be heterosexual...therefore...eve ry child starts out as heterosexual...which makes perfect sense...[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]
That's not what the study says. It's not differing levels of hormones that causes variations, it's the sensitivity of the fetus (as regulated by eli-marks) to particular hormones that results in variations.

[QUOTE who="Get That Fool"]It's not genetic...haven't you been reading....
Actually, one of the conclusions of the study is that any genetic associations discovered for homosexuality will be weak and only account for a small portion of the homosexual orientation found in humans.
Get That Fool wrote:
Don't agree with that...if it happens during the pregnancy and we discover that...well it really is the beginning of something else...
Yeah - eugenics.
Get That Fool wrote:
If in fact this is a 'malfunction' or a 'side effect' of homone reproductions...wouldn't you agree this suggests corrective measures can be taken????....
But, in fact, that's not what the study concludes or what the researchers are suggesting. It's merely your wishful thinking to justify your prejudice against gays.

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2204 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists from USC Santa Barbara and Sweden are anti-gay? Who knew????
I'm only stating a possible scenario...which could conceivably lead to some kind of solution for this type of thing from happening...just saying...
Except your solution is nothing more than an in utero version of Hitler's "final solution".

“From a distance...”

Planet Earth

#2205 May 4, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard of swearing off future relationships, but not swearing off women for a man....
And yet your limited life experience doesn't encompass the entire realm of possible human experiences, now does it?

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2206 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
It's not genetic...haven't you been reading....
Actually, the research does not opine on whether there is a genetic component to same-sex orientation. It merely notes a possible contributory circumstance in the womb. The research is quite preliminary, and there is no reason to believe it applies to all instances of same-sex orientation.

Moreover, it does not refute the well-developed body of evidence that genetics play an important role in same-sex attaction.

If in fact this is a 'malfunction' or a 'side effect' of homone reproductions...wouldn't you agree this suggests corrective measures can be taken????....
If one were able to determine what hormones contributed to left-handedness, should we take "corrective" measures? If we determined the stage at which the brown-eyed gene began expressing, should we take corrective action so that our baby have blue eyes? Perhaps we should also take corrective action against hair-color expression: Who doesn't want blonde-haired, blue-eyed offspring? Now, let's talk about skin color: We can control that, too.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2207 May 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask your "ex"-gay husband to explain it to you......
Wait..... GTF's husband is ex-gay?????????

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2208 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ex-gay...LOL...
Antoine Dodson
Hide Ya Penises ...
I'm NO LONGER GAY
Antoine Dodson -- the flamboyant home intruder thwarter -- says he's "no longer into homosexuality" ... so you can run and tell THAT, homeboy.
Actually, Dodson posted a statement on Facebook explaining that he's decided to "renounce myself" -- because, "I want a wife and family, I want to multiply and raise and love my family that I create."
He explains, "I could care less about the fame and fortune, I've giving all that up to know the true history of the bible. For I am the True Chosen Hebrew Israelite descendant of Judah."
FYI -- the Hebrew Israelies (also known as the Black Israelites) believe they are the descendants of the ancient Israelites ... but they don't consider themselves as "Jewish." They also believe in Satan.
As for Dodson, he explains, "As True Israel I know that there are certain things we just can't do. And I totally understand that now. I don't need a Mercedes Benz, I don't need a big house in Beverly Hills all I need is the Most High and my family (Israel). I have been awaken by the great and so should you."
He concludes, "Hate me if you must, bash me if you must, I won't break, do what you will, for this is my calling."
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/03/antoine-dodson-...
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com
Ho hum. We've heard it all before. Did you know that my husband was ex-gay? If you read about Mr. Paulk's adventures, then you know what happens to most ex-gays: They turn ex-ex-gay.

I'm sure there are a few actual homosexuals who confine themselves to heterosexual activity in order to fit in with some norm that is important to them. There are many more bi-sexuals who choose to stop acting on their same-sex attractions for the same reason. There are, undoubtedly, even a few sexually-confused heterosexual who leave a life of unnatural same-sex activity behind.

But by and large, today's ex-gay is tomorrow's ex-ex-gay--if he is lucky--or tomorrow's suicide if she isn't.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2209 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
They swear off getting involved...not women...
LOL!! So, right now, I'm picturing a guy, sitting in a bar, frustrated and pissed off about something his girlfriend did. He takes a long swill from his beer, slams the empty glass down on the table and declares, "I am swearing off all future involvement!"

Really??

No, he swears off women. Which doesn't mean that he's going to out back and start sucking dicks (despite your personal experience to the contrary).

Don't you ever get tired of pretending you don't understand what's going on so that you can stand by your positions?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2210 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me...you are the one who swore them off....
I already told you, but since you have to continue to pretend you don't understand what's going on, let me repeat it.

I swore off men for just over five years before I met my husband. I didn't turn to women or boys or animals or houseplants. I simply lived a deliriously happy, completely celibate life surrounded by good friends and lots of good times.

When I met the man that would later become my husband, all that changed.

Let me know if I need to repeat myself again. I know you memory is remarkably short when it comes to reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MPPS V18 Works on win7 Did all cars no problem! Fri uobd2 1
News Tesla's real capacity problem? Too many employees Fri MsAngelo 2
Lexia Diagbox 8.46/ 8.42/ 8.38/ 8.37/ 8.35/ 8.1... Thu Jerry523 1
How To Install FGTech Galletto V54 On Win 7 Jun 22 uobd2 3
which one is best: XTOOL EZ500 / EZ400/ X100 PAD Jun 22 jimmyLIN 3
(Promotion) Xtool X-100 PAD2 Pro Special Functi... Jun 22 jimmyLIN 2
Xtool X-100 PAD vs. Xtool X100 PRO vs. X300 Plus (Feb '16) Jun 22 jimmyLIN 4
More from around the web