Jeep Patriot: An Unpleasant Surprise

Jan 11, 2010 Full story: Motor Trend 37

On New Year's Eve-Eve my Chrysler Sebring test car was swapped for a Jeep Patriot.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tom polcari phd

Oakland, CA

#1 Jan 13, 2010
I tried unsuccessfully to put in a blog on the Motor Trend story where the writer was unhappy about having to drive a Jeep Patriot. Some sites are next to near impossible to get on so nothing was said..Until now. Thanks to the Topix people for having an accessible web site..I've had 4 Jeep Patriots and must have liked them. The MT writer had the 4X4 version with big engine, in the dead of winter snow. Those who live in the snow know that gas mileage falls when things freeze up..Maybe the writer would have been happier in a Jeep Commander Limited!
Jeepers

Greensboro, NC

#2 Jan 13, 2010
The Jeep Patriot is a disgrace to the Jeep brand and to the North American automotive market. The public has responded by not purchasing the vehicle, leaving it to be killed off by the Chrysler product planning team. End of story.
short of 50

Leonard, MI

#3 Jan 13, 2010
We have an '08 Patriot and could not be happier with it.

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#4 Jan 13, 2010
Jeepers wrote:
The Jeep Patriot is a disgrace to the Jeep brand and to the North American automotive market. The public has responded by not purchasing the vehicle, leaving it to be killed off by the Chrysler product planning team. End of story.
The Patriot is great it is the Jeep Compass that is CRAP
Wrangled

Greencastle, PA

#5 Jan 13, 2010
Jeep needs to continue on with the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Liberty as its only models. All the other models are poor sellers and performers. They have diluted the brand.
Emma058

Windsor, Canada

#6 Jan 13, 2010
I have a Jeep Patriot 2008, it is driven more than my Grand Caravan SXT. We love the Patriot. If you really want to see a dud, own a Neon.
short of 50

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 14, 2010
I know several people with Patriots and the all are quite pleased. It is a much more pleasant ride than our friends' CRV. MPG isn't great but it is not too bad.
Wrangled

Greensboro, NC

#8 Jan 14, 2010
The Patriot is not a contender to the CRV.
Leaving Town

United States

#9 Jan 14, 2010
Chrysler is JUNK...I built them and still do...STINKIN jUNK....Chrysler worker = Ford buyer....Burn Chrysler Burn
jsb

Ferndale, MI

#10 Jan 15, 2010
my sister bought a 2009 Patriot Rocky Mountain Edition.
paid $12,900 under Cash for Clunkers program.
she loves her Patriot.
first Jeep she ever owned, she's a Jeeper for life now.
Pearl Street

Greencastle, PA

#11 Jan 15, 2010
Paying under $13K for a Jeep explains why the brand is so broken, it can't make any money anymore.
TheRealDeal

Troy, MI

#12 Jan 15, 2010
Leaving Town wrote:
Chrysler is JUNK...I built them and still do...STINKIN jUNK....Chrysler worker = Ford buyer....Burn Chrysler Burn
Hey "Leaving Town", you don't honestly think anybody would believe such an obviously fake post. Even the dumbest Chrysler worker would not make such a post. You are obviously either a laid off Chrysler worker or jealous of those who are.

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#13 Jan 15, 2010
Pearl Street wrote:
Paying under $13K for a Jeep explains why the brand is so broken, it can't make any money anymore.
And if it where 33K you would but JAP CRAP!!!
i646495eo9

Ferndale, MI

#14 Jan 15, 2010
Pearl Street wrote:
$4500 was from Cash for Clunkers government program.
John Green

Sarasota, FL

#15 Jan 15, 2010
I've owned a couple dozen used cars in my time, but my favorite is a 2004 Sebring Limited convertible. It's got 75,000 miles and still looks and runs like new.

The only one who might be disappointe in it is someone who was expecting a sport car, which it definitely is not. What is is is a great touring car.
Mark

United States

#16 Aug 13, 2010
I just bought a Jeep Patriot 2010 4X2 FWD, and love the suspension and ride. Excellent on gas. The best purchase that I've ever made. Nice options for a Jeep. Love the look and style. For those of you out there looking for an SUV and don't want to spend alot of money, than the Jeep patriot is the best choice for your wallet. Looking for an SUV, than drive away in a Jeep.
auto worker

AOL

#17 Aug 13, 2010
Thanks for the complaments "Mark"...Glad you like it. There are always just going to "chrysler bashers" out there, and unfortunatly they have a right to express their opinion and we have to read it. Maybe their toyota wont stop for them one day, and may they end up out of our country =)
TheRealDeal

Macomb, MI

#18 Aug 13, 2010
Leaving Town wrote:
Hey Leaving Town, you are an absolute moron if you think anybody believes that you work for Chrysler and say the things you do. Any Sh... Head can post anonymous crap on this site. but it is very easy if you have half a brain to differentiate between crap and a real post. You are too stupid to know the difference.
Jgr Chicago

Commerce Township, MI

#19 Aug 17, 2010
I have a Cherokee with 190k. Nothing works, rusting floorboards, broken door handles, air conditioning busted before it left the showroom. I wish whomever made the great motor made the rest of the car.
Then, I might consider buying another Jeep. Until the long term quality is addressed...I need to look the other way when a Patriot drives by.
Jeeps_rock

Ferndale, MI

#21 Oct 25, 2011
Jeepers wrote:
wrong.
stupid comment.
Patriot is having its best selling year ever in 2011.
end of story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 2 hr xxxrayted 108
Honda builds its 300 millionth motorcycle 2 hr Keith 1
Limousine town car service (Feb '13) 11 hr Mike 7
Los Angeles: Mullen 700e proves there's no coda... Tue Mitchell 1
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) Sun Jaime 132
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Nov 21 iluvmyVolt 9,222
Cheap Limo Service In Orange County (Feb '13) Nov 21 Zach 5

Autos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE