Superstar Gurnee cop accused of sexua...

Superstar Gurnee cop accused of sexually abusing 2 children

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Jun 7, 2008, titled Superstar Gurnee cop accused of sexually abusing 2 children. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

Bond was set at $1.5 million Friday for a decorated Gurnee Police Department officer who was arrested and charged with three counts of sexually abusing and assaulting two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MUSTAFA ISHAQ

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 12, 2008
THAT GUY ARRESTED ME ONCE HES A LUNATIC ANY ONE CAN TELL THAT HE HAS HIS HEAD UP HIS ASS. GOOD RIDDANCE TO ANOTHER WORTHLESS PIG
Truckin

United States

#2 Jun 12, 2008
MUSTAFA ISHAQ wrote:
THAT GUY ARRESTED ME ONCE HES A LUNATIC ANY ONE CAN TELL THAT HE HAS HIS HEAD UP HIS ASS. GOOD RIDDANCE TO ANOTHER WORTHLESS PIG
Shut up you towel head. What, did he have your camel impunded? Get out of America and go back to your wasteland and praise your tallywhacker of a god. We don't want you here.
just candid

Nashville, TN

#3 Jun 29, 2008
Jailed And Suspended Veteran Gurnee Illinois Police Officer Jay Simon Indicted For Child Molestation After Attacks On 2 Young Girls - Also Charged With Unlawful Restraint And Assault In Another Incident
June 28th, 2008
GURNEE, ILLINOIS - A Lake County grand jury has indicted a Gurnee police officer on nine felonies, including five counts of predatory criminal sex assault of a child.

Jay Simon, a six-year veteran of the Gurnee Police Department, was indicted Wednesday on charges stemming from an early June arrest.

In addition to the five counts of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, the jury also returned indictments on one count of aggravated criminal sex abuse and two counts of official misconduct.

The 36-year-old Round Lake Beach father of three was arrested by the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office on allegations that he sexually assaulted two girls under 13 in 2006 and 2007.

He’s also been charged with unlawful restraint and aggravated assault stemming from a separate incident with a 35-year-old male victim.

Simon, who lived alone in Round Lake Beach, is being held in lieu of $1.5 million bond. He is on administrative leave from his $69,000-a-year job with the police department. An arraignment hearing is scheduled July 3.
Your tax dollars at work
JHA

Versailles, KY

#4 Jun 29, 2008
just candid wrote:
Your tax dollars at work
Brilliant remark!

Let's not have any police so there will be no tax dollars wasted due to the chance one of them might be like this guy.
just candid

Nashville, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2008
JHA wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant remark!
Let's not have any police so there will be no tax dollars wasted due to the chance one of them might be like this guy.
Not having any police is not the answer, not having bad cops IS THE ANSWER
theguy4rm60031

Lake Bluff, IL

#6 Jul 3, 2008
I live in Gurnee and even though my reception of Gurnee Cops was already low due to personal experience, all it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch. This guy was a complete hard-on and unflexible to circumstances. Compared to other Gurnee Officers he was rude and an ass. And yes, I know that he is doing his job, but you don't always have to approach the same situation with a 'I'm the law and my word is final' attitude. Sucks that it happened, but maybe you should fuck 30 some odd old's rather then 12.
donovan

Aurora, IL

#7 Mar 2, 2010
Welcome to "Hazard County" police tatics and the judges who allow them to prey on it's citizens.
Simon Karma

Cleveland, TN

#8 Aug 7, 2010
Jay Simon arrested me less than 1 mile from my home in Gurnee. I was in Chicago had a few beers and almost made it home with no problems when Simon radared me in Libertyville and ended up facing license revocation. I was a home owner and tax payer not a criminal. After srewing up 400 peoples lives in the same manner something has got to give. I dont care if he is guilty or not of baby raping, thats not the point, Karma sucks when your on the wrong side of it. Dont mess with the good people,because someone is always watching.
Jack Webb

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Aug 8, 2010
Simon Karma wrote:
Jay Simon arrested me less than 1 mile from my home in Gurnee. I was in Chicago had a few beers and almost made it home with no problems when Simon radared me in Libertyville and ended up facing license revocation. I was a home owner and tax payer not a criminal. After srewing up 400 peoples lives in the same manner something has got to give. I dont care if he is guilty or not of baby raping, thats not the point, Karma sucks when your on the wrong side of it. Dont mess with the good people,because someone is always watching.
Almost made it home without killing anybody? A few beers? It's always "a few beers". You were under the influence and speeding, thats not bad karma, it's stupidity.
Bassetboss

Round Lake, IL

#10 Aug 8, 2010
Typical hypocrit cop.
WOW

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 9, 2010
Simon Karma wrote:
You belong in the same cell as this douche. You want us to feel sorry for you for being a drunk driver? You are lucky we aren't bashing you here for killing an innocent family.

Not defending the cop at all, but you are pathetic.
Simon Karma

Cleveland, TN

#12 Oct 5, 2010
I drank a few beers, so what? If I was unable to drive I am responsible enough not to. I dont need someone to ruin my life on a hunch. If I was the crook it would be me in jail not the cop that arrested me. Did simon get bonuses from these arrests? Could it have been old fashioned greed? Ask the Lake County lawyers and judges where they drink after work. Who drives home? How about Cell Phones, Texting, Old age, Medical issues, Putting on Make-Up, where does it end? Should we stop society and just arrested everyone on the off chance that something bad MIGHT happen? I did not hurt anyone ever from driving an automobile over 30 years. Maybe it was Karma!
Simon Karma

Cleveland, TN

#13 Oct 5, 2010
Jack Webb wrote:
<quoted text>Almost made it home without killing anybody? A few beers? It's always "a few beers". You were under the influence and speeding, thats not bad karma, it's stupidity.
Not as stupid as messing with little girls. You never drank a beer and drove home. Please be honest.
Simon Karma

Cleveland, TN

#14 Oct 5, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You belong in the same cell as this douche. You want us to feel sorry for you for being a drunk driver? You are lucky we aren't bashing you here for killing an innocent family.
Not defending the cop at all, but you are pathetic.
Please! You cant go there. Tell me you never had a drink and drove home. If you tell me you didnt God bless you I wish everyone was as perfect as you.
Simon Karma

Cleveland, TN

#15 Oct 5, 2010
donovan wrote:
Welcome to "Hazard County" police tatics and the judges who allow them to prey on it's citizens.
I think you just hit this one out of the park!
Ms Jones

Grayslake, IL

#16 Oct 6, 2010
He's reaping what he sowed. I've been where those children are and i still have bad dreams it. I'm in my fortys now and still hurts my heart when i hear about people hurting CHILDREN this way.
You Know Who

Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 12, 2010
Truckin wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up you towel head. What, did he have your camel impunded? Get out of America and go back to your wasteland and praise your tallywhacker of a god. We don't want you here.
okay a--hole, just so you know im not a "towel head" and i am an anti-theist. so you must be talkin to someone else. now go pick up a book and read it cause you obviously are uneducated, "trucker".
Just_ an_ old_ guy

Romeoville, IL

#18 Sep 20, 2011
Yes there are bad guys in every job. I was in aviation for almost 50 years. There are bad mechanics out there in aviation. I hit a car in the rear a couple of years ago in Gurnee. I was at fault. In seconds TWO Gurnee policemen were there. I was treated with respect and given the dignity I deserved even tho they saw it and knew I was wrong. One of the officers even tried to pull the frame away from my front wheel so I could drive home. Not all policemen are bad because of a few. I am grateful that Gurnee has the people on the force that are willing to help those that have trouble and those that need help. Gurnee Police, God bless you.
dave webb

Oak Park, IL

#19 Jan 6, 2014
so sick, he has children of his own, while hes locked up, who will protect his kids, he tarnishes the badge of all good officers, glad he was caught, he gathered evidence to prosecute child offenders in is position.

what he did in the dark came to the light, no winners here, I pray for the minors he violated ,wish he could have gotten help for his sickness and double life.

he destroyed everyones life.

he gave no mercy to those little kids, so no mercy for him.

please refer to murphys law aka karma.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 6, 2014
This incident was SIX YEAR'S AGO.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Julian Castro: Clinton emails a 'witch hunt' 26 min goonsquad 72
Ford recalls more than 440,000 cars 3 hr Ford Owner 1
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Tue iluvmyVolt 10,484
News It’s a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) May 25 Francene 1,152
News There are still 6,000 first-gen Chevy Volts on ... May 25 Solarman 1
News Senate Dems block trade measure May 23 serfs up 5
News Weekly Recap: GM plans massive new paint shop a... May 23 Just one 1
More from around the web