Ignition switch issue wasn't investeg...

Ignition switch issue wasn't investegated by NHTSA even after warning signsa

There are 5 comments on the AutoWeek story from Mar 12, 2014, titled Ignition switch issue wasn't investegated by NHTSA even after warning signsa. In it, AutoWeek reports that:

Ever since General Motors recalled 1.6 million of its cars globally over a decade-old defect that could cut off engines and deactivate airbags in a crash, the automaker has been pointedly contrite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AutoWeek.

2002 BRAVADA

Carroll, OH

#1 Mar 12, 2014
Our 2002 Olds Bravada had the same problem. It was a leased vehicle. First time it stalled out on a local highway when we lost power a, brakes, steering, etc.. It was towed to the dealer and , supposedly fixed. Then the same thing happened a month or so later on a heavily traveled freeway while my wife was doing 60+- mph. Filed a complaint under the Ohio lemon law and GM gave us a new replacement. It sems possible that the ignition switch problem goes back further than 2004 and to additional GM vehicles.
It over

Springfield, IL

#2 Mar 12, 2014
Tell us something we already dont know. We havent purchased a little 4 (ford, gm, chevy and dodge) auto for 45 years. Its really simple, the whole dumbastic auto culture is lightyears behind foreign auto makers. People talk, they say, "Ford POS, GM POS///////And Toyotas last forever! You get what you pay for..........The little 4 make cheap autos and then lie about specs and the Govt backs them 100%. They might get my tax dollars but I will NEVER give them the time of day.Let see if Detroit can bail Govt Motors out of this botched attemp to be #1!!!
It over

Springfield, IL

#3 Mar 12, 2014
2002 BRAVADA wrote:
Our 2002 Olds Bravada had the same problem. It was a leased vehicle. First time it stalled out on a local highway when we lost power a, brakes, steering, etc.. It was towed to the dealer and , supposedly fixed. Then the same thing happened a month or so later on a heavily traveled freeway while my wife was doing 60+- mph. Filed a complaint under the Ohio lemon law and GM gave us a new replacement. It sems possible that the ignition switch problem goes back further than 2004 and to additional GM vehicles.
Problems that we heard about from the owners:1) A Ram pickup with 3000 miles on it the engine blows up.....the dealership would not give the guy a loner car.....2) A guy buys a brand new Ford f250. He had to many issues with it to count, He traded for an f150....smart? 3) A guy bought an F250....the front and rear tires did not track behind each other. You could stand behind the truck and tell it was way off. It took the dealership 4 times to fix the issue. First question: Who the "F" is letting these POS get to the dealerships? Its pathedic!!!!!!!!!! Even deaths wont stop the dumbastic auto culture!!!!!!!
Barry Munchousin

Pinckney, MI

#4 Apr 1, 2014
2002 BRAVADA wrote:
GM has lost out with their Mexican parts again.
ihatemy volt

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 2, 2014
WE had a 2003 Ford Taurus, the engine would shut down and turn back on all by itself going 70mph...it was scary......I hope a recall is issued..........than again its better to hide defects........its the domestic way!!!!!!!!!! Its ok, ghetto moters will be ok. Detroit has their back!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I'm A Private Eye Looking For A Stealthy Ride F... 6 hr Sergio Marchionne 1
Launch x431 v 8″ Wins,Better than old la... 16 hr uobd2 7
Xhorse VVDI Prog Programmer V4.5.6 new released... 17 hr Ambrosio 1
Is it necessary to buy 2017 version Launch X431... 22 hr eobdtool 1
2014 Launch X431 V+ X431 PRO3 Wifi/Bluetooth Gl... (Jan '15) 22 hr eobdtool 3
Why workshop use X431 V 8″ tablet make mo... 22 hr eobdtool 1
Vpecker has updated from V8.9 to V9.0 Mar 24 eobdtool 1
More from around the web