Gm man

Washington, MI

#151 Jan 16, 2011
Hmm, this is what happens when Toyota moves from plastic to metal
trish

Raven, VA

#152 Feb 5, 2011
Is the recall still going on for the 1995 toyota trucks. mine is not a tacoma.
mikeb6257

Cincinnati, OH

#153 Apr 11, 2011
i have a 1992 toyota pickup 4x4 i was wondering if it applys to the recall for the frame rotting out and if so what will i get from the recall
donald green

Thornville, OH

#154 Jun 12, 2011
i have a 1987 toyota 4 wd pickup and the frame broke into . is there a recall on this year of a truck?
Mike

Rock Hill, SC

#155 Sep 1, 2011
I must say, I own two vehicles, 1991 camaro and a 1992 toyota pickup. I've had the toyota for 6 years and the camaro for about 6 months and i've had to put more manoey in the camaro that the pickup. Don't get me wrong, I pick american muscle over japanese ricers anyday as far a performance, but my truck has hauled as much as a half ton chevy or dodge or ford and the frame holds steady. It may get a little squirrelly on curves but it does it. It just shows that if you take care of your vehicle, it will take care of you.
e thonnesen

Rye, NY

#156 Nov 1, 2011
I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma,45,000 miles on it, just 5 years old (9,000 miles a year average)and noticed while changing my oil last time that the frame is rusting away, where I can scrape away chunks of rust with a screwdriver.I change the oil every 3000 miles. I hardly used it until last year. I live in Westchester county, New York. I used a 1995 Ford Taurus to commute to work until it died and junked it and started driving my pick up to work more often.The Ford Taurus frame was hardly rusted.My Toyota is washed on a regular basis and the undercarrige was always hosed off when driven in winter with road salt being used.
Canariandrifter

Worcester, MA

#157 Jan 3, 2012
I am having problems with Toyota Motor Sales USA regarding my 2002 Toyota Sequoia with 66,700. The frame is severely rusted and has holes in it. The Tundras and Tacoma were recalled for the same reason and they left out the Sequoias. Any owner of a Sequoia should have the frame inspected and if prematurely rusted file a complaint with NHTSA and your attorney general. Also open a claim number with Toyota Motor Sales USA. My mechanic said this is the worse rusted frame he has ever seen. Toyota Motor Sales USA should take responsibility for their failed frames. An estimate from the dealer to replace it... $16,500. If we, Toyota Sequoia owners place enough complaints the NHTSA and the AG of your state will pressure TMSUSA to include the Sequoias in the recall. I shouldn't have to junk my well taken care vehicle because of their failure to put decent frames on their vehicles. Pass the word.
New Year

Las Vegas, NV

#158 Jan 4, 2012
Sell it
Roger

Springfield, MA

#159 Jan 14, 2012
Tell-It wrote:
Yes thats right, 850,000, as in almost 1 million trucks being recalled due to extreme frame rot.
Trucks affected are 1995-2000 Toyota Tacomas. If you live in a state where salt is used on the road, you are entitled to a refund of 150% of the trucks book value in pristine condition, no matter what the actual condition or miles are.
I own a 1995 Toyota pickup. Are we covered by the extended recall? My truck is rusted and scaled underneath on the main frame and fenders and also the gas tank is rusted .We justede recently had to replace the front end because it was ready to fall off. What are options in this case?
hilux

West Hartford, CT

#160 Dec 14, 2012
I know this is a little old but still good to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
doc

Ambler, PA

#162 Jan 28, 2013
Canariandrifter wrote:
I am having problems with Toyota Motor Sales USA regarding my 2002 Toyota Sequoia with 66,700. The frame is severely rusted and has holes in it. The Tundras and Tacoma were recalled for the same reason and they left out the Sequoias. Any owner of a Sequoia should have the frame inspected and if prematurely rusted file a complaint with NHTSA and your attorney general. Also open a claim number with Toyota Motor Sales USA. My mechanic said this is the worse rusted frame he has ever seen. Toyota Motor Sales USA should take responsibility for their failed frames. An estimate from the dealer to replace it...$16,500. If we, Toyota Sequoia owners place enough complaints the NHTSA and the AG of your state will pressure TMSUSA to include the Sequoias in the recall. I shouldn't have to junk my well taken care vehicle because of their failure to put decent frames on their vehicles. Pass the word.
We just had our 2002 Sequoia frame sprayed with a black smelly material to treat the rust problem. This was done by the Toyota dealer for free.
steven

Champlain, NY

#164 Feb 3, 2013
i own a 1991 toyota pick up 4by4 i was tol there is a recall on the frame and rack and pinion want to know how to get it fixed my email is wolfman300z@Aim.com
Root

Shreveport, LA

#165 Feb 4, 2013
These trucks need to be rust proofed.
teresa

Baltimore, MD

#166 Feb 5, 2013
i have a 2002 sequoia and toyota said that they will replace the frame but i had to pay 1,400.00 for parts because toyota only covering the frame if the parts are part of the frame why should i pay anything.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#167 Feb 6, 2013
I would not pay to replace your frame.
6391alex

United States

#168 Feb 8, 2013
!!..Just went to toyota and found out that the recall for frame rust ended in agost of last year..just found out my truck is rusted,the frame broke in half on the driver side rear wheell while getting on lift to replace brakes...toyota said that they cannot do nothing about it..i was too late for recall...
Root

Shreveport, LA

#169 Feb 9, 2013
This is not good.
random tech

Richmond, VA

#170 Feb 13, 2013
I am currently replacing three frames in Sequoia 01-02, and a Tacoma frame. Toyota pays for a new wiring harness(except taco), new gaskets/bolts for exhaust, new brake lines, new spare tire carrier(not taco) I think it ends up being about 13k for toyota to do that. Other parts,which brake if rusted and transferred, they don't cover are shocks, sway bar links. The criteria for replacing a rusted frame is it must have a hole bigger than a dime caused by rust in the frame
notta NBC zombie

Enfield, IL

#172 Mar 3, 2013
Mike wrote:
I must say, I own two vehicles, 1991 camaro and a 1992 toyota pickup. I've had the toyota for 6 years and the camaro for about 6 months and i've had to put more manoey in the camaro that the pickup. Don't get me wrong, I pick american muscle over japanese ricers anyday as far a performance, but my truck has hauled as much as a half ton chevy or dodge or ford and the frame holds steady. It may get a little squirrelly on curves but it does it. It just shows that if you take care of your vehicle, it will take care of you.
I had my toyota 4x4 1992 since 1992 it has a bedliner ,reese hitch'cold air,and jvc cd I use the shit out of my truck it (4 cyl) 22re pulls my 5x8 utility trailer,my popup camper an my friends boat.I cut down a 80 foot pine tree and hauled it off with my truck and utility trailer having said that most people think it to be all beat up not so pal this is one damn clean truck if I could make it cook biscuits the damn woman I live with would be outta here
Root

Shreveport, LA

#173 Mar 4, 2013
They should pay to replace all of these rusted out frames.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gays Obama and Toyota (May '14) 2 hr EdMcD 134
Craiglist/eBay scam (Mar '12) 9 hr jenniferrae 135
Cheap Honda HDS HIM diagnostic tool for $119 only Fri yellowbend 1
JLR Mangoose for Volvo VIDA for TOYOTA TIS 3 in... Thu yellowbend 1
Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) Thu Meanie 278
Audi previews Prologue Avant concept before Gen... Wed Solarman 1
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Wed iluvmyVolt 9,701
More from around the web