toyota recalls 850,000 trucks due to ...
Windsor Lad

United States

#196 May 29, 2013
Toyota won't buy jack. I love dogs beer and Chevrolet.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#197 May 29, 2013
Junk
Warren S

Chicago, IL

#198 Jun 14, 2013
6/7/2013 02 Sequoia 190,000 mile in for an oil change, told after 3 hours I get the frame Recall no charge , wow after 11 years too.

Takes 10 days to get 4 days to finish,replacement car and now will ask and replace all of these too:

new struts ,
tie rods,
lower control arms,
ball joints"
brake lines
shocks,
springs
all belts
all hoses
Wscaman

United States

#199 Jun 15, 2013
Warren S wrote:
6/7/2013 02 Sequoia 190,000 mile in for an oil change, told after 3 hours I get the frame Recall no charge , wow after 11 years too.
Takes 10 days to get 4 days to finish,replacement car and now will ask and replace all of these too:
new struts ,
tie rods,
lower control arms,
ball joints"
brake lines
shocks,
springs
all belts
all hoses
. I spoke to my Mechanic local Firestone Tire Dealer with great mechanics they fixed my Power Steering leak For almost 1/2 the price of the dealer. He was amazed as he knows the Toyota Dealership and sells them tires . He said they were almost done with the recall and have the expertise I am glad they have been through this I will report in 2 weeks when it gets done .
Root

Shreveport, LA

#200 Jun 18, 2013
Wscaman wrote:
<quoted text>. I spoke to my Mechanic local Firestone Tire Dealer with great mechanics they fixed my Power Steering leak For almost 1/2 the price of the dealer. He was amazed as he knows the Toyota Dealership and sells them tires . He said they were almost done with the recall and have the expertise I am glad they have been through this I will report in 2 weeks when it gets done .
I'm surprised the dealer was that high for the repair.
WarrenS

Chicago, IL

#201 Jun 18, 2013
Chicago Dealers make the Budget for the whole Automobile Showroom, I am a CPA for 34 years and with the web easily know Markups and Fair Labor and the book:]
Well the Sqeuoia is in now and see what they call me tomorrow that will be added before they put it back together. 11 more years is my Goal and 400,000 mile that 210,000 more than now!

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#202 Jun 18, 2013
Toyota dealers charge more.
Prometheus

Manassas, VA

#203 Jun 19, 2013
Tell-It wrote:
Yes thats right, 850,000, as in almost 1 million trucks being recalled due to extreme frame rot.
Trucks affected are 1995-2000 Toyota Tacomas. If you live in a state where salt is used on the road, you are entitled to a refund of 150% of the trucks book value in pristine condition, no matter what the actual condition or miles are.
Are you a tall man?
Chaias23

Huntington, NY

#204 Oct 21, 2013
Hi there, i recently had buy a 1996 toyota tacoma extra cab it looks beautiful I did not now about the recall till I notice that one of shock absorbers bracket broke I check under the truck and the truck frame full of rust big holes on frame and is crack and parts of frame very thin of the rear, will this truck be part of recall being that is 17 years old with 146k on it ? If some one knows about it let me know
Certain Girl

Milford, OH

#205 Mar 16, 2014
Tell-It wrote:
Yes thats right, 850,000, as in almost 1 million trucks being recalled due to extreme frame rot.
Trucks affected are 1995-2000 Toyota Tacomas. If you live in a state where salt is used on the road, you are entitled to a refund of 150% of the trucks book value in pristine condition, no matter what the actual condition or miles are.
Toyota dealership has said it is too late. Is it?
The Gray

Springfield, IL

#206 Mar 16, 2014
Certain Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
The dumbasstics are at it again. As if the ignition switch "deaths" were not bad enough, now they are finding numerous other hidden defects that caused many more deaths......deaths CG, not rust.....DEATHS!!!!! Detroit has their backs....oh wait, Detroit is on life support!!!!!!!!!! Let Garbage Motors bail them out!!!!!!!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#207 Mar 17, 2014
Certain Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine the program is over by now.
Enourmous Genitals

Bangkok, Thailand

#208 Mar 19, 2014
OMG!!!!!!!!!
Ultra limited use vehicle

Springfield, IL

#209 Mar 19, 2014
Its all good......Detroit will bailout GM......No worries! Wait, Detroit is on life support!
Root

Shreveport, LA

#210 Mar 20, 2014
I wonder if the rust problems are more evident up north.
Bill G

Council Bluffs, IA

#211 Mar 24, 2014
I have a 88 Toyota 4x4 truck , that has rear frame rust over the rear end its completely rusted out , I was still driving this truck up until I went to have the oil changed and the tech, brought to my attention, very dangerous , Toyota should take all of these trucks off the streets before someone is killed, I will never buy another Toyota until Toyota faces me to fix it ,,
Root

Shreveport, LA

#212 Mar 25, 2014
This is just awful.
Ted

Springfield, IL

#213 Mar 25, 2014
Bill G wrote:
I have a 88 Toyota 4x4 truck , that has rear frame rust over the rear end its completely rusted out , I was still driving this truck up until I went to have the oil changed and the tech, brought to my attention, very dangerous , Toyota should take all of these trucks off the streets before someone is killed, I will never buy another Toyota until Toyota faces me to fix it ,,
You have an 88? Good God man you got your money back 50 times. A domestic would have nickeled and dimed you....besides, better to have rust(toyota) than be up on blocks(dumbasstics). So, Ghetto Moters should be ok with Detroit help?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#214 Mar 26, 2014
Yes the Toyota rust problem is not fun. Here is a story about the rust warranty expiring without notice.

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/14685/to...
Ted

Springfield, IL

#215 Mar 27, 2014
Its official, not one volt on the road.......Where the &%$&^$%$ are they? Why dont we ever see one on the roads?......Wait, whats that.........oh, another Prius..........go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for racially-charge... (Mar '16) 11 hr Chauntyll Allen 27
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) 22 hr Over Priced Cruze 11,780
Buy 2017 New V1.70 Opel OP-COM 2016 Wed OPCOM 2016 3
$39.00 WOW 5.00.12 USB Version OBD2 Diagnostic ... Wed wow 50012 3
VVDI2 4.3.0 works great in BMW FEM coding/progr... Tue lalaura 1
5 cylinder chevy colorado (May '07) Tue Latintony1 314
7th Anniversary Sale 2nd Wave, Lowest Price & F... Tue jimmyLIN 1
More from around the web