|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Monday, November 19, 2012
LONDON (Reuters)- World share markets and commodities rose significantly on Monday, recovering some of their sharp losses last week, on signs of progress in talks to resolve the looming fiscal crunch in the United States.

So all those who forecasted gloom and doom resulting from the Presidential election might be wrong.
The Dow is up significantly today and trending higher.
And it really wasn't the election which triggered those previous losses---it was the looming fiscal cliff agreed to by both parties in 2011!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

It was the election.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
It was the election.
Evidently you know something that news agencies and world economists don't know.
They unanimously agree that stock markets are reacting to worries about the looming US fiscal cliff.
Perhaps you could share some of this knowledge with us?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I believe it is due to the fiscal cliff and Obamaís reelection. Obama wants to continue redistributing wealth and raise taxes. Investors are not on the same boat and responded by taking some of their cash out of the market. For the next four years, the bulk of US cash will remain on the sidelines.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
I believe it is due to the fiscal cliff and Obamaís reelection. Obama wants to continue redistributing wealth and raise taxes. Investors are not on the same boat and responded by taking some of their cash out of the market. For the next four years, the bulk of US cash will remain on the sidelines.
The election played a minor if not insignificant role in the drop in Stock markets world wide.
A temporary drop in US markets has consistently happened after every election since dirt, or at least since stock markets were invented there.
But as usual, that phenomenon was short lived, as it has done consistently in the past.
The serious elephant in the room right now is recession, a clear and present danger in the US if the fiscal cliff isn't addressed constructively by both parties.
Another key causal element is a real recession in Europe, to some extent China, and close to recession in other G20 countries.
Blaming the US fiscal cliff exclusively on Obama is wrong.
The situation the US finds itself in exists is clearly the result of obstructive partisan politics on both sides of the house.
Unfortunately the solution requires two fundamental changes in US fiscal policy---increased taxes and reduced spending at all levels of government.
If some serious political compromise doesn't happen at the Federal level to somehow address those two key elements, the fiscal cliff won't go away.
God help the USA if it gets worse.
You folks don't seem to realize how close to the abyss you really are.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Again it was the election and the fiscal cliff. We know how close to the abyss we are. Outsiders don't need to question that.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
Again it was the election and the fiscal cliff. We know how close to the abyss we are. Outsiders don't need to question that.
I will agree to very realistic "1% election and 99% fiscal cliff".

I cannot agree with your admonition re: "Outsiders don't need to question that"

Until of course the rules here say otherwise, something like "It's OK for Root to frequently post nasty, even obscene criticisms about other countries and their citizens, but 'outsiders' can't question anything about him or the USA".

Speaking of the USA's looming fiscal cliff.........
That is a completely self inflicted situation for which you have no one to blame but yoursselves.
It isn't the fault of one President, nor one political party, nor an election.
It has everything to do with a once great country which has abandoned its founding principles.
Root, you are reminded of sa few things like...
A couple of automotive manufacturers who got too big for their britches.
The big banks and Wall Street gangs who raped the financial system for personal gain.
A couple of Freddie Macs and Fannie Maes who ran amuck in the real estate business.
A totally broken political system which seeks only partisan power and cares nothing about its country.
The worlds largest illegal drug industry which is tearing the country apart.
And a contingent of misguided rednecks who can't accept that a man of color is their President.
Etc., etc., etc.

Since: Nov 12

Chandigarh, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

It was the election
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

The Dow is plugging along very nicely just now, and has been for a week.
It has regained all the ground it lost two weeks ago, and then some.
Pundits univerally insist it's directly related to optimism about fiscal cliff discussions between parties.
The election isn't mentioned, and isn't considered a factor in the short lived drop after Nov.6th.
Meanwhile, Black Friday shoppers are trampling each other mecilessly!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree to very realistic "1% election and 99% fiscal cliff".
I cannot agree with your admonition re: "Outsiders don't need to question that"
Until of course the rules here say otherwise, something like "It's OK for Root to frequently post nasty, even obscene criticisms about other countries and their citizens, but 'outsiders' can't question anything about him or the USA".
Speaking of the USA's looming fiscal cliff.........
That is a completely self inflicted situation for which you have no one to blame but yoursselves.
It isn't the fault of one President, nor one political party, nor an election.
It has everything to do with a once great country which has abandoned its founding principles.
Root, you are reminded of sa few things like...
A couple of automotive manufacturers who got too big for their britches.
The big banks and Wall Street gangs who raped the financial system for personal gain.
A couple of Freddie Macs and Fannie Maes who ran amuck in the real estate business.
A totally broken political system which seeks only partisan power and cares nothing about its country.
The worlds largest illegal drug industry which is tearing the country apart.
And a contingent of misguided rednecks who can't accept that a man of color is their President.
Etc., etc., etc.
Again, it was the election and the fiscal cliff and we really donít need to have outsiders babbling to us about our issues. Worry about your own country. The black comment is over the top stupidity at its finest.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>Again, it was the election and the fiscal cliff and we really donít need to have outsiders babbling to us about our issues. Worry about your own country. The black comment is over the top stupidity at its finest.
What a bald faced hypocrite you are!
Heed your own advice next time you take cheap shots at other countries and their citizens.
And continue to wallow in a sewer.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text> The black comment is over the top stupidity at its finest.
Self delusion at work!!
If you feel that way, go argue with the Washington Post (and several thousand other reliable and respected sources)!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-p...
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Maybe you didn't get it the first time. It was the election and the fiscal cliff and we really donít need to have outsiders babbling to us about our issues. Worry about your own country. The black comment is over the top stupidity at its finest.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
Maybe you didn't get it the first time. It was the election and the fiscal cliff and we really donít need to have outsiders babbling to us about our issues. Worry about your own country. The black comment is over the top stupidity at its finest.
Yeah, I "get" it.
Here's what I "get".
Considering his delusions of adequacy, Root can't ad-lib a decent fart after a baked-bean dinner.

Here endeth the lesson.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Good. Does this mean you will finally stop your dirty talk, trying to urge people to accept your views? I hope so.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Root wrote:
Good. Does this mean you will finally stop your dirty talk, trying to urge people to accept your views? I hope so.
Not at all.
It's clear you feed your insecurity by cyberbullying others.
That said, I've learned much from your replies---if ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive.

Here endeth this lesson.
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Good. So now does this mean you are finished? I hope so.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Root wrote:
We really donít need to have outsiders babbling to us about our issues.
Geez,if there are more people like you there, I'm kinda glad I'm not an insider!

Here endeth this lesson.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Autos Forum right now

Search the Autos Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 1 hr nhjeff 1,779
Arizona to get unaccompanied immigrant youths 15 hr Betrayed 51
What is the most reliable engine ever made? (Aug '08) 22 hr roadster32 186
Lockheed Martin has a unique opportunity with H... Wed Flyer 1
How are you with Ford !? Wed ExFord 1
New Experience !? Jul 29 ForestTown 2
Poll: GOP, tea party unfavorables at all-time h... (Oct '13) Jul 29 mjjcpa 112
•••

Buy a New Car