Toyota's Latest Press Shot Is Just Silly

Aug 30, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jalopnik

Toyota selling hydrogen fuel cell powered cars as soon as 2015 is all very nice, but why do they depict it in a forest that would even make Harry Potter feel uneasy? And how did it get there? This is The Morning Shift , our one-stop daily roundup of all the auto news that's actually important - all in one place at 9:00 AM.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Oct 2, 2013
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Kudos advancement of fuel cells.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes, it would be nice to fuel up at the water hose or have an electric charged by induction while passing through the car wash.
Canadian Queer

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

I have a mule up in Windsor that has a 14 incher and can perform industrial induction at the drop of a dime. The washing part is out of question.
Root

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Judged:

Canadian Queer wrote:
I have a mule up in Windsor that has a 14 incher and can perform industrial induction at the drop of a dime. The washing part is out of question.
You exhibit an uncommon interest in sexual innuendo involving animals.
Help is available for you if you choose.
Canadien Queer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

Judged:

Root wrote:
<quoted text>
You exhibit an uncommon interest in sexual innuendo involving animals.
Help is available for you if you choose.
I'm seeing a German Shepard about it currently, eh!
kev

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

American car companies haven't done things that r silly? I remember at 98 press release at cobo of Cadillac deville.they had some young man doing olympic type acrobatics and in background another man was proclaiming how the strength of this new car with northstar engine was,engine burned oil, wasn't durable etc. This engine has been out for years and it still gave Cadillac a bad image.later when people sold used caddys,many that didnt have northstar engine was used as selling feature.
John Z

Hazel Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

kev wrote:
American car companies haven't done things that r silly? I remember at 98 press release at cobo of Cadillac deville.they had some young man doing olympic type acrobatics and in background another man was proclaiming how the strength of this new car with northstar engine was,engine burned oil, wasn't durable etc. This engine has been out for years and it still gave Cadillac a bad image.later when people sold used caddys,many that didnt have northstar engine was used as selling feature.
Plus Vega, 8-6-4, diesel 350, wet intake, "morning sickness OS", and more.
kev

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

I just sawr the commercial on YouTube. I thoughf it was a well thought out commercial. Not silly if it was the right commercial.with all the goofy commercials that have been on television in our lifetime, why ssingle out toyota, the innovator?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Zoom zoom zoom, over your head.
kev

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Root wrote:
Zoom zoom zoom, over your head.
That used to be a mazdar commercial.( Zoom zoom-
Alot.of things r over r heads.roofs.aircraft.powerline s. polictricksians,skyscrapers,th e atmosphere.,clouds,lights,wate rtowers, satellites,etc.
Monti Python

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

kev wrote:
<quoted text>
That used to be a mazdar commercial.( Zoom zoom-
Alot.of things r over r heads.roofs.aircraft.powerline s. polictricksians,skyscrapers,th e atmosphere.,clouds,lights,wate rtowers, satellites,etc.
I've come up with this amazing idea.

You stretch a wire coat hanger over your head, then you twist the hook so that the point is facing you. By doing this you can hang a picture on the hook and masturbate without having to hold the picture, leaving your other hand free to use at your leisure!
walter cronkite

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Youre real cute.the internet comic. You're as sick as my uncle wally was.Lets keep this family rated.fcc will be imposing.$5000 fine on you monty.by the way what religion r u?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Fuel cells are advancing.
Tesla Recall 99 Percent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

Space ship Toyota, what's next?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2013

Tesla Recall 99 Percent wrote:
Space ship Toyota, what's next?
How about putting toyota executives in Star Trek uniforms?
Dose of Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Why not dress the little guys up like trolls and have them carrying the car through the sky?
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Dose of Reality wrote:
Why not dress the little guys up like trolls and have them carrying the car through the sky?
That would not be reasonable considering cars don't fly.
PM Mag

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Root wrote:
<quoted text>That would not be reasonable considering cars don't fly.
By 2025 we'll all be driving helicars!
Root

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

But we wonít be using the poor manís proxy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••