First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Juan

Murrieta, CA

#41 Feb 12, 2012
I'm in Round Rock...

What "Working At Dell Blows" said is true, "They are a brand without a soul. No vision, no leadership. Every man for himself."

This website also explains what's goin on...
www.imagineausa.com
Sarah

Arlington, TX

#42 Feb 12, 2012
Telstar wrote:
If Dell, and Round Rock, are so bad, why don't you guys quit and/or move?
Well you cant just quit..... the job market is tough....
El Cid

Austin, TX

#43 Feb 13, 2012
Daughter has worked for Dell for 18 years as an engineer. Was laid off 2 years ago and hired back a year later on a 10 month contract, no benefits. Contract was renewed but in terms of job security and benefits it seems to be over.
Traffic is terrible unless you live nearby. Toll roads are expensive and do not save much time for the expense. She tried the toll road to and from work for 6 months and on average saved her 5 minutes each way but for a to and from work five days a week it cost her $6.00 a day and added up after six month to almost $800.00 in tolls.
Round Rocker

Austin, TX

#44 Apr 16, 2012
I live in Round Rock. My kids went to school in Round Rock. One is a teacher, the other is in medical school. There are bad teachers everywhere, but my kids obviously learned some good stuff in the Round Rock ISD.
kook

Los Angeles, CA

#45 May 21, 2012
I lived in LA as well and the traffic here is pitiful!

Austin has never planned for the population explosion and by fixing everything the Perry way (adding toll-roads) shouldn't be a viable option. Toll-ways are a scam run by private organizations. Our tax $$ should be already paying for the highways we need.
Wania

Farmington, MI

#46 Sep 26, 2012
I am reachering on Dell anyone who woeks in dell plz tell me about ur polices on Employee Wellness,Family Leave,Flex Time,Environmentalism and Safety.
ATX

San Antonio, TX

#47 Sep 28, 2012
outsiders moving to Texas sucks, just because your shitty state sucks dont move here and ruin our way of life. Dell sucks and so does all the urban sprawl and traffic jams you people have created. Im so damn sick of seeing California license plates and hearing people snicker and snarl about their past life in Cali or the midwest. If Dell sucks, Go Back Home!! Texas doesnt need anymore people moving here and stealing our jobs. Employers in this area feel sorry for all these people who come from crappy states with crappy weather and traffic jams and they are quick to hop onto a low paying job with long hours and no benefits just to move to Texas and buy a KB home that will fall apart within 5 years that some contractor threw up in about 20 days.
Sfrer

Natick, MA

#48 Oct 28, 2012
Dell- all i can say is i know of a manager called Ngo Ha- married with kids etc- sends flirtatious messages to her boss- work ethics?
DellTooLong

Liberty Hill, TX

#51 Mar 30, 2013
I have been at Dell for 14 years. The first
7 years were decent and the management (for the most part alright).These last 7 years have been horrible! The management (most) are sorry and have no clue regarding people management! 10 - 15 hours per day can be the norm. YES, THEY WILL WORK YOU TO DEATH. The Compenstation is not that great anymore either. Keep looking! There are better and more employee focused companies out there! I am hoping to exit this Rat Hole soon myself! We call it DELLCATRAZ! Don't get stuck on this ROCK!
Mr Smith

Bay City, TX

#52 Jun 17, 2013
I was wondering why Dell has hundreds of job openings in Round Rock, Texas and I'm guessing that a lot of the negative comments here must be true. Of all of the IT jobs currently available in Austin the vast majority of them are positions at Dell. I'd have to say that is a huge red flag for anyone looking for an IT position with Dell. The turnover numbers don't lie. Be careful folks. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guess who take 2 1 hr Ha Ha 3
Lisa Gene Meroney 1 hr Ha Ha 1
More pics to come.....we all no who this is! 1 hr Ha Ha 1
luilui2 4 hr concerned 1
Rev. Jeff Schreve, Pastor of the First Baptist ... (May '14) 8 hr texarkanastrong 7
Review: Austin Tx Water Damage | Water Extraction 15 hr LeannaRoorda 5
boob job!!!!!! Thu Ha Ha 10
Austin Dating
Find my Match

Austin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Austin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Austin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:57 am PST