First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mina

Houston, TX

#43 Jan 13, 2012
tyqauisha eatmon wrote:
hi, i am a 14 year old and i attend ryan middle school when i heard about tutors with computers i was very excited because i need a little extra help in math but i dont know how to signup can someone help me.
Her is just reading
Mina in houston TX

Houston, TX

#44 Jan 13, 2012
Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
you keep em both :D
I had someone in my family work here before..I want to tell you that this company so mess up, bad manager management, Very Bad HR, bad head of team lead, bad communication, people work in and out... Not got paid full salary/Bonus, Everybody envy each other, lie and told bad thing about each other. Even poor representative...that because bad management overall... Don't even think to apply fot any position here!! Pity to all kid that have problem...
Jona

Houston, TX

#46 Mar 23, 2012
happiness wrote:
hi the same thiing happends to me
i dont know what happend when i over pass my 200 points i call them for my computer then they told me they already send it
and after 2 weeks they told me that i have dropped :(
Tutors with Computers is CHEATTTTTTTTTTTT!!! Not just student but also worker!!!!!!
Christy Barron

Albuquerque, NM

#47 Apr 17, 2012
My sons Jesse is in the program.. But the first day he received his phone and right after his first tutoring session. The phone stop working! Then we used our own personal phone but it was taking minutes from our phones. Continuously called to let them know about his phone not working and the response was they were going to send one. Still to this day we don't have a new phone.. and they keep calling saying he needs to make his hours.. Ya sure thing if we had a working for for him.
jenny

Fresh Meadows, NY

#48 Apr 30, 2012
this is a latino and hispanic hustle
Yai

Houston, TX

#50 Jun 12, 2012
I had been employed here before. I hate Lisa Mcneil. She is not good HR. She never give chance to worker who agaist their silly rule. even good performance worker. She brought her relative to work there and stay in office... I don't see her or her relative work well..Also, many friends of me also dislike her so much..
Jon Thompson

Houston, TX

#51 Aug 28, 2012
I have read the many comments on here and feel really bad for you people. I have worked for tutors with computers for quite some time now and can attest that this is not a rip off scam or a cheat. I take strong exception to that because I was hired as a manager and I ensured that our promises were kept. Like any business there were some hiccups in the process but overall we delivered everything to everyone. Some just took a bit longer than others.

We are at the mercy of school districts and it is not uncommon for them to drop students. We collect enrollment forms and turn them into the schools and they decide who is in and who is out. We would love to serve all kids but unfortunately that is just not realistic.

Some of the kids on here that have issues I am sorry. If you call the customer service number we are prompted right away of the problem and fix it within 48 hours. The only way this does not happen is if we have a bad phone number, a bad address, or the kid is not home. We do our best to maintain the operation and from what I can tell its pretty efficient.

As for those who were not offered the position and calling it a fly by not operation. I mean seriously, you werent hired. Move on. So you drove to meet someone and they didnt like you. Its called an interview. I know it sucks but you werent forced to do it so stop crying about it. Due to the volume of applicants many companies do not have a system that let you know if you are not chosen. This is just a fact of life. Im sure no one intentionally ignored you. It makes no sense for someone to call the company 10 times and for them to hit the ignore button. They would just pick up and say sorry not interested.

Anyways this is a good company that works hard to serve children. Yes it is under the NCLB act but someone on here has to learn math skills. They said its 96/hr for a kid and only pay the tutor 14/hr. Sure if the rep owned the company the profit would be 82-the learning tools. But there are overhead costs like management (who work hard with the schools and employees to help kids) storage fees (to put all the inventory of learning tools). Also reps are sent out on appointments and about 50% percent of time they are cancelled by the student or parent. The rep still gets paid. So please dont be so ignorant as to say the company is making that much profit. It obviously is a business and does make money but you just look dumb by saying that.

I hope you guys really consider who usually posts on these sites before listening to their advice. Majority of the time it is a disgruntled ex employee who couldnt make it, or someone who just doesnt understand why there werent handed a job. I mean seriously how could a company survive 7 years interacting with school districts, the TEA, other state agencies and being audited yearly if it was all crooks. Get a clue. No business is without its flaws but everyday we work hard to correct them. Think about when you come on here and degrade people who earn a living trying their best to help people.

Thank you....oh and ps, trust me when I say we make a lot better use of these funds than any government organization would.
Mason

Columbus, OH

#52 Aug 29, 2012
As for those who were not offered the position and calling it a fly by not operation. I mean seriously, you werent hired. Move on. So you drove to meet someone and they didnt like you. Its called an interview. I know it sucks but you werent forced to do it so stop crying about it.
Not entirely true. When a recruiter calls you on SUNDAY and tells you to drive 2 hours on MONDAY to meet the guy who needs to hire you for the final entirview, and tells you you will walk away with a guaranteed offer letter, then I better have an offer letter or at least be given more than 15 minutes of their time. 4 Hours on the road and no follow up after the interview. Call this Tomas Rodriguez and ask him why he is doing this type of thing. I now have a job but interviewed w/ 25-30 REAL companies before choosing my current position. Every last one followed up, and not one of them lied.
Shame on you for downplaying this stuff.
Tee King

Albuquerque, NM

#53 Aug 30, 2012
Tekeshia Williams wrote:
my name is Tekeshia Williams, a representative of your company visited my home about two months ago.At this time I was in route to a very important doctors appointment when she asked for a moment of my time. I stated that I was in a hurry and she said that it would only take a moment. When she stated that I could get free tutoring for my children, I thought it would be worth my time to listen,so I did.She stated that my kids school was on a her list,and since i was a low income parent that my kids qualified for the program and would be getting the equipment within a month.She also stated that if I didnt recieve it by then that I should call the number..888)316-1903.I have left many messages at this number and have not even recieved a returned call.This upsets me because as I explained to her I was in route to an appointment that I had to end up rescheduling.I thought that atleast it would be worth it if my kids could get the help that they needed.But I have heard nothing nor havemy kids recieved any help,so I am now asking for yor help in this matter.My kids are really struggling in math and science and I feel like someone somewhere is collectng government funding and not doing what they are supposed to be doing with the money because our kids are still struggling,and all these people are doing is waisting our time.I am a very upset parent looking for answers.Please help us
TUTORS WITH COMPUTERS IS A SCAM !!!I WORKED FOR TUTORS WITH COMPUTERS FOR A YEAR.BELIEVE ME,I HAVE HEARD MANY COMPLAINTS LIKE THIS ONE. THIS IS JUST THE KIND OF SHODDY, UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY IT IS FROM THE GROUND UP.When I worked for them, they cut back hours for the summer season and promised that we would be re called in October.In late August they informed myself and an assembly of employees to call in and be a part of a conference call. Even though five of us in the assemblage had been the top ranking employees for the entire company, they told us all simply that our states had decided not to be a part of the program any longer,that we were all terminated and would recieve termination letters in the mail, then promptly disconnected the call. When I tried to call after not receiving my letter so that I could 'at least ' get a copy emailed to me (so that I could collect on my unemployment until I found another position),JUST LIKE YOU STATED, not only were all of the voice mailboxes full, the 888 numbers listed on our checks for the company had been disconnected.Believe me, I'm sorry to hear about your situation , but your children are just of hundreds.The way they do business though, they're going to be defunct completely and not a moment too soon.
Tee King

Albuquerque, NM

#54 Aug 30, 2012
TUTORS WITH COMPUTERS IS A SCAM !!!I WORKED FOR TUTORS WITH COMPUTERS FOR A YEAR.BELIEVE ME,I HAVE HEARD MANY COMPLAINTS LIKE THIS ONE. THIS IS JUST THE KIND OF SHODDY, UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY IT IS FROM THE GROUND UP.When I worked for them, they cut back hours for the summer season and promised that we would be re called in October.In late August they informed myself and an assembly of employees to call in and be a part of a conference call. Thinking that we were finally about to be called back to work we all reported for the call.Even though five of us in the assemblage had been the top ranking employees for the entire company, they told us all simply that our states had decided not to be a part of the program any longer,that we were all terminated and would recieve termination letters in the mail, then promptly disconnected the call. When I tried to call after not receiving my letter so that I could 'at least ' get a copy emailed to me (so that I could collect on my unemployment until I found another position),JUST LIKE YOU STATED, not only were all of the voice mailboxes full, the 888 numbers listed on our checks for the company had been disconnected.I did motivational calling and I sincerely loved helping the children ,but that was in spite of the riduculously unprofessional,messy communication and mishandling of issues and issues with management.I also worked for two months doing student sign up- it was the exact same messy 'ghetto' situation.AND YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF - IF STATES AND SCHOOL DISTRICTS ARE PULLING OUT AND REFUSING TO WORK WITH A FREE PROGRAM THAT 'HELPS' THE STUDENTS AND PROVIDES FREE ELECTRONICS JUST FOR THEM TO LEARN,WHY WOULD THAT BE?"The way they do business though, they're going to be defunct completely and not a moment too soon.
Tee King

Albuquerque, NM

#55 Aug 30, 2012
leo wrote:
they lie , just a way of stole public funds,
LEO- I worked for the company and you are exactly right.
Anonymous

Houston, TX

#56 Nov 11, 2012
They are not good employers unless you want to never work or make money! You may be hired and get a whole 16 hrs in the first 70 days of employment. You will be ON CALL. And subject to be dropped if you arent in the top few in numbers of enrollment. Long story short dont quit your day job!!!
David Callaway - TWC

Arlington, TX

#57 Nov 13, 2012
@ Mason: Tutors with Computers, works very hard to interview and give opportunities to as many people as possible. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to hire everyone. We wish you the best in your new job.

@ Tekeshia Williams: SES is driven by parent choice of providers, but the District has the final say in who receives services. They have limited funding and must prioritize students by their own criteria which results in some applications for tutoring not being approved by the District.

@ Tee King: Many States applied for and received waivers so that they no longer have to provide free tutoring for their students. Unfortunately, New Mexico was one of those States and we can no longer provide services there since the SES program no longer exists.

@ Anonymous: Tutors with Computers provides tutoring to students in many School Districts. Because we are tied to the school schedules, the summer months are naturally quieter than when school is in session.
Claire

El Monte, CA

#58 Dec 23, 2012
I was wondering, how can you check how many hours you have, cause i lost count
David Callaway - TWC

Arlington, TX

#59 Dec 31, 2012
Claire wrote:
I was wondering, how can you check how many hours you have, cause i lost count
Please call our toll-free Customer Support line at 888.316.1903 and have your six-digit login handy as well as your name and our Customer Service agents can help you.
tasha

Houston, TX

#61 May 19, 2013
My daughter completed all her hours but before then her rep. was calling all the time making sure she complete it on time and now that its done i am getting the run around and no answer who do i contact.
Mason

Hilliard, OH

#62 May 21, 2013
David Callaway - TWC
Arlington, TX
RE:@ Mason: Tutors with Computers, works very hard to interview and give opportunities to as many people as possible. Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to hire everyone. We wish you the best in your new job.

Mr Calloway, I'm calling BS, read the site, you know and we all know TWC is a scam. Don't try to belittle what the company does. I was had, I admit it, was desperate for a job and let them take advantage of me. looks like I am not alone.
goody

Dallas, TX

#63 May 21, 2013
You need a girl friend
David Callaway

Arlington, TX

#65 May 29, 2013
@Tasha: Please call our toll-free Customer Support line at 888.316.1903. If you have your daughter's six-digit login available as well as her name, that will greatly assist our Customer Service agents to help you. If you cannot get through to our CS Hotline for any reason, please call me directly on our main office line at 512.419.7983.
Thanks, David.
arturo

San Antonio, TX

#66 Jun 18, 2013
It dissent let me login

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
600 Wins For Barnes WOW! 9 hr Old Lady With A Bat 8
Nudist Resorts Celebrate the 31st Anniversary o... (Jul '06) 23 hr Stevii 2
Looking for Bars,/similar to help w/ bad anxiet... Thu Longhorn32 19
Same-sex couple marries in Texas under one-time... Wed Pope Nosferatu s ... 10
Indian Atomic Weapons are Unsafe: & can be take... (Jan '10) Wed Over the Horizon 27
Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Tue Belle Sexton 1
People In Austin are freakin rude (Jun '09) Feb 23 Shopper 39
Austin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Austin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:08 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:08PM