Diego A

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

hello if i ever drop this tutoring will it affect me as in collage wise and i dont remember if they took my social security number please answer back thank you
David Callaway

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Please contact us at the customer service number on the back of your workbook. Your question will receive a prompt response.
James

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Judged:

This organization is coming to Ohio soon and they seem to be crooked and a fly by night organization. I interviewed locally and was asked to drive 5 hours to meet a corporate officer and promised that if I did I'd receive an offer letter for a job. So like a fool, I spent $50 on gas and a day away from my family to go and got the interview but nothing else. Now the people do not answer emails or the phone. I will be spreading the news around the state that this company is shady and I would not want my children associated with them. If they lie to candidates, I'd be afraid of what else they will do to receive money for your child to take their laptop and cell phone. I hope that our tax dollars are not funding this crap.
potential tutor

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

ThanX for providing the comments everyone. I wanted to help kids out as a tutor. People on the front lines don't really know what the administrative side is up to; except when you speak up. Sounds like the consumer (parents & child) need more complete info provided. The children should not be placed in a position where they have to beg for information. It does show alot of initiative, but it's the job of those collecting $$$ to have answers ready (anticipated).
ICU

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Kids rate the the program a success based on whether or not they get the computer or phone.
I think this is an example of what Republicans have been pushing...downsize government (cut teachers & education budget) and increase the cash flowing to them with government contracts ($$ money flowing into their hands). They will then pay the government officials to make exams easier...so students show higher scores. They are paying tutors $14 per hour, while they collect $96 from No Child Left Behind. Profit=$82 per hour minus the cost of a low-end computer.
M Johnson

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Judged:

My son was signed up for the program about a year ago. The program did stay in touch with him and encouraged him to do in the workbook. He was happy with the incentives for his hard work. There are some glitches and problems. Not much information is given about who your service providors are for your services. He never was able to access voicemail on his phone, because it was locked -- so when the program called him, he would miss calls. Also there was a program blocking his access to load his I-Pod. We were promised that someone would be come down and remove the block. That never happened. Also there was a bad hard drive in the mini laptop. So thus he know has no computer. But through it all we look forward to trying to sign up again, this program really help him improve his TAKS test scores.
Alex

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Do we get a ipad or a tablet-e-reader
question

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

has anyone worked for tutors with computers?
tamron

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2011

from waco taxes i am going to be pround of doing tutors computers
Tanya

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

I had got hired to work for tutors with computers and was excited about being part of a team that would help kids rise above grade average through supplemental educational tools. However, I was very disappointed that after being hire, there was no plan or direction for the employees to start working, who they would be working with...the ball was literally dropped for the people that were passionate to work for the new branch (New York). I think your leadership still has good core values, but the management level need to get their acts together and learn how to reach out to all to make sure everyone is on the same page. My complaint now is when am I'm going to get paid for my training? I can understand waiting a week or two, but OMG...a month waiting for two-day training payment? I felt bad that I had to resigned and find another job after not knowing when to start and what work to do, but now wondering if I had stay on, would I have gotten paid for working? This training pay is a minor thing, although I want to be paid, but it's not a nice look for your company to not pay people and ignore their emails when inquiring about money owed to them.
Tanya

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

question wrote:
has anyone worked for tutors with computers?
I was hired September 1st; filled out all paperwork, attend training and then never heard back from anyone when to start working. I understood they were just launching the program in my area and waiting on contracts to be approve from school district, but why would you hire people and leave them in limbo? It was bad enough that I was unemployed for a year and needed a job badly, but then get hired and still don't have money because you are not working is crazy. Luckily, another job that I had applied for call me and I got the job. My only concern with tutors with computers is that they never paid me for my training and it's been a month. I've contact them a few times and was told that they were processing my check but still haven't receive anything. I've even emailed the HR director that hired me and still no answer. Do they plan not to pay me? If so, that's definitely not a good look for them; especially if they are looking for people to work there. Other then that, I think the goal to help children improve their grade average is awesome! If you are applying for a field representative role, you would be bore. It will be fun if you like to interact with people and have a passion to help kids. I think the job can be a great experience but you have to be a little direct and aggressive and stay on top of your superiors to make it work for you. The program was really design and strategically planned out for success so kids can't go wrong with the supplemental support if they are serious about learning. All and all, I think the goal is a great one to help kids. I'm just pissed that the communication line after being hired dropped and that they did not pay me for my training or try to remedy this situation as of yet.
James

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

Judged:

Makes you wonder how they keep getting government funding. Total rip off company. Starting with the guy Tomas Rodriquez, he's the middle man. I can't even rememeber the idiots that he works for but they were just as dishonest. I felt dirty after leaving the interview..
Dan

Rocky River, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

I thought about applying for this company but something didn't seem right. After reading the comments here,I won't even waste my time.
James

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

Just found my notes for the other two "higher ups" that made me drive 6 hours for nothing. One guy named Lee and another named Servando. SO if you hear from this company, 3 guys to watch out for are Tomas Rodriguez, Lee , and Servando. Hope this helps save everybody the hassle that I went through. Be careful out there, they pray on our desperateness to find work.
Robin

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Here's a review of the company: BEWARE!
Bad Bad Bad
by Knowing Now at Citysearch
This makes me so sad to read but I know first hand how this company operates and they break several laws.
This company has a very bad reputation. I am so sorry that so many of you are having these problems. I suspect more will be forthcoming as time goes on.
This company hires a bunch of misfits that are told they are self contractors, yet the Company breaks every rule there is that defines and governs self contract workers. Type this wording in your browser to find out what defines a self contractor: Appendix D - IRS Independent Contractor Test
The employees they hire are too stupid to know they are being cheated.
Additionally, the sad but true stories I read from these poor children are not a concern of Tutors With Computers. They get money for each child they enroll and do not do much in regard to follow up service as promised to the children and parents as a ploy to get the children enrolled.
Tutors with Computers tells their employees to tell complaining parents and children that the school district has dropped the child when and if the child or parent complains about not receiving their promised computer and phone with pre-paid minutes and internet connections. There is no verification of the School Districts dropping any child.
This is sad because it is a group of people stealing funds from children based on the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT. THIS COMPANY should be scrutinized by the TEA and the Dept of Labor and the Texas Employment Commission for the violations prevalent in their daily normal course of business.
I am, again, so sorry so many of you are experiencing this kind of business dealing, downright lies and cheating.
Yvette

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Well I'm just wondering why they haven't brought the things they said they were going to bring because they called me on October the 31st and told me that in two weeks they were going to come by my house and bring the things and it's been three weeks already and I haven't received nothing
Covona Richards

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

Hello, I was pleased with the idea of what your program does. I was told even though my daughter came from a school whose scores were passing. That the program at her new school could still benefit her. Well she is way ahead of schedule on her power words, however she has been getting kicked out a lot. She had her mins cut offf and she has been logging on. I have spoken with several reps now and my daughter is 2 week now with no phone and her power words two diferent days was 160 power words. This was on a Thursday 11/17/2011 & Saturday 11/19/2011. During that week I was told that my daughter mins would be on there by Friday 11/18/2011. I called on Sat. 11/19/2011 to speak with someone concerning the repeat of her power words and still no minutes on her phone. Your rep. insited on stressing how she has never had a parent complain about the computer system and there are no problems. Even though there truly had been a big computer network issue.
My daughter was once excited. She gets a call from one of your reps. telling her the good job she's doing and she would be receiving a $100 gift card in the mail within a week. Well since then her phones has been cut off and we have been getting the running. I am ready to take my complaint further. Within her schedule and things she do, she took pride in doing the program and the thought of earning the things promised by your program. I need to really speak with someone besides a regular rep @ 1-888-316-1903. Her tutor has even called. My daughter does spend the time & to be treated like she is not, is really unfair to her. Please how may I speak with someone that will listen?
outoftowner

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

Yeah I used to be a tutor for these guys and they just simply asked if I was in college but at the time I lied and said I was yet the still hired me to tutor subjects that I had really no idea about...FYI they're full of crap don't believe anything cause I only got one paycheck from these ppl and they're full of shit saying they had work for me which caused me to quit my job...just a bunch of bullshit
Edgar Jackson

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Judged:

James wrote:
This organization is coming to Ohio soon and they seem to be crooked and a fly by night organization. I interviewed locally and was asked to drive 5 hours to meet a corporate officer and promised that if I did I'd receive an offer letter for a job. So like a fool, I spent $50 on gas and a day away from my family to go and got the interview but nothing else. Now the people do not answer emails or the phone. I will be spreading the news around the state that this company is shady and I would not want my children associated with them. If they lie to candidates, I'd be afraid of what else they will do to receive money for your child to take their laptop and cell phone. I hope that our tax dollars are not funding this crap.
I am sorry to hear what happened to you. I have been working for Tutors with computers for years and they are totally HONEST. SES is a school district run program. Maybe they cancelled the use of SES services.
James

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2012

Edgar Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry to hear what happened to you. I have been working for Tutors with computers for years and they are totally HONEST. SES is a school district run program. Maybe they cancelled the use of SES services.
If you really work for them, then you must know Tomas and the other guys who duped me and refuse to retun my calls or emails. There is no honesty and only deception with the guys who came to Ohio. Hopefully these are just freelance ripoff artists but they still do the hiring and interviewing so the company takes the blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Austin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Austin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••