Max power: Max Bygraves alive and kic...

Max power: Max Bygraves alive and kicking on Gold Coast.

There are 2 comments on the The Sydney Morning Herald story from Feb 16, 2008, titled Max power: Max Bygraves alive and kicking on Gold Coast.. In it, The Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

“That's how I first became interested in this remarkable, far-off place called Australia. Though Australia in those days looked very different. It all seemed to be about the bush. No one talked much about the cities.”

Out of the blue came a letter from London legend Max Bygraves. What, still kicking? And living on the Gold Coast? John Huxley tracks him down. via The Sydney Morning Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sydney Morning Herald.

Mary Loar

Oregon City, OR

#1 Sep 12, 2008
I wonder if you can help me. I live in Keizer, OR, USA but was born in England. We belong to a group, " wobblers.com " a site for people damaged
by GENTAMICIN,an ototoxic antibiotic, being used indiscriminately by some careless doctors.
Baxter Pharmaceuticals (I think that is their name) are now using a gentamicin soaked sponge (by Innocoll - I think) that they implant inside people during surgery to cut down on infection. They are apparently using it in Europe and several other countries, and are trying to get the FDA to approve it for the USA. " Wobblers.com " is looking to stop these companies from bringing Gent into the United States. We all feel if there was a celebrity who was damaged by Gentamicin, maybe that would bring the damage Gentamicin to the forefront. Lynn Brown, the founder of wobblers anonymous (" wobblers.com ") went on TV on Oprah and CBS but it did no good. The drug companies and the hospitals and doctors are too strong.
My cousin in Gosport just told me that some time ago, she thought she had seen an article that Max Bygraves had been given GENTAMICIN EAR DROPS, and he had had problems with them. I remember Max from when I lived in England and loved him.
In 1998 my husband was given Gentamicin, it was not monitored properly, and as a result he lost his vestibular system (balance system).He falls
often and is disabled now because of it. Gentamicin destroyed the life we had. We have learned to "accept what we cannot change". He will never walk properly again, he can no longer drive at night, he cannot walk down a slope without support, he gets extremely tired,etc. Doctors give that stuff and then deny they have cause no damage.
To balance you need to have your vestibular system, your eyes, and your lower joints. Losing
one's vestibular system is devastating.
Fortunately we found the group " wobblers.com ", an on line site, set up by a lady, Lynn Brown who was a flight attendant, and who lost her career after being damaged by Gentamicin.
Every day we have more and more people come into the " wobblers.com " site asking us when they will get over it. We have to tell them "Never". We
are fortunate that my husband has a pension and good medial coverage. He is also now 82. Some of the people coming into the group are very
young, and it causes them to lose their jobs, which means they lose their health insurance. USA is not like UK with its NHS.
After Lynn set up her site, a kind man set up a message board for wobblers to correspond with each other by e mail by subscribing to "wobblers" through the "wobblers anonymous"." Wobblers.com " is a lifeline for people who are damaged by Gent. Some people come into the site who are ready to commit suicide, have been forced to get a divorce, have lost their jobs - all because of Gentamicin. Sometimes the "damaged - poisoned" people cannot get their families or friends to understand what has happened to them. "Wobblers" look very normal until you see some of them walk, e.g. my husband. However, some younger people damaged by Gent. show no sign of damage, so friends and family sometimes think they are "putting it on". So " wobblers.com " is a haven for people who have been poisoned by Gentamicin,
Is it possible for you to forward my e mail to Max Bygraves? If he was actually damaged by Gentamicin, maybe he could help us stop these drug companies from using the Gentamicin so freely. Especially help us stop the FDA approval of those Gentamicin soaked pad implants, they propose to use for surgeries. It breaks my heart to see all the new people coming into " wobblers.com ", hoping to find out how to get better, then learning the damage is not temporary but permanent.
ank you in advance.
Mary Loar (Bob Loar, damaged 1998 by Gentamicin)
Keizer, OR 97303
[email protected]
Austin Reid

Redland Bay, Australia

#2 Aug 27, 2011
I am trying to find a song I think is sang by max Bygraves.
Calles ( on behalf of the working Class )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Woy Woy, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woy Woy Music Thread (Oct '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 75
News Two men stabbed at home (Jun '14) Jun '14 Commander Bunny 1
News Aussie battler ahead of time (Mar '14) Apr '14 Commander Bunny 5
supprt? (Sep '06) Mar '14 Hopkin 10
Thank you, Australia (Dec '13) Mar '14 Commander Bunny 9
News Australian Expert Records UFO over New South Wa... (Jul '13) Nov '13 Pine gap 6
News World's Oldest Blogger Logs Off for Good (Jul '08) Oct '12 Musikologist 19
More from around the web