Women boost Harley sales

Women boost Harley sales

There are 58 comments on the The Courier Mail story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Women boost Harley sales. In it, The Courier Mail reports that:

FEMALE riders are boosting the flagging fortunes of Harley-Davidson in Queensland as increasing numbers of women buy the luxury machines in a quest for independence and self-expression. Harley-Davidson dealers say the number of sales and inquiries from women is up and owners' groups report rising female membership.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier Mail.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#42 Feb 24, 2010
jim g wrote:
<quoted text>
You look stupid for effect? Then, at the dinner table, you probably eat with the wrong utensils and chew with your mouth open. I would also guess that your last term paper got one star and zero happy faces.
You are so jealous-LOLOL
I'm going to ride on...You're going to stew.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#43 Feb 24, 2010
I WILL add that anyone familiar with forums, is well aware of the common attempt to win an un-winnable argument by picking on a typo, common usage phrase or effect they don't understand, or think they can detract from the message. When those of us who post on multiple forums see an attack on syntax or spelling we automatically recognize someone who does not have a valid argument, but must stoop to pettiness and irrelevancy as their only offense/defense. TTFN
nep2g

Blacktown, Australia

#44 Feb 24, 2010
No2Reichwing wrote:
I WILL add that anyone familiar with forums, is well aware of the common attempt to win an un-winnable argument by picking on a typo, common usage phrase or effect they don't understand, or think they can detract from the message. When those of us who post on multiple forums see an attack on syntax or spelling we automatically recognize someone who does not have a valid argument, but must stoop to pettiness and irrelevancy as their only offense/defense. TTFN
LOL - Somebody just copied your post almost word-for-word on the Australian forum.

"Anyone familiar with forums, is well aware of the common attempt to win an un-winnable argument by picking on a typo, common usage phrase or effect they don't understand, or think they can detract from the message. When those of us who post on multiple forums see an attack on syntax or spelling we automatically recognize someone who does not have a valid argument, but must stoop to pettiness and irrelevancy as their only offense/defense."
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TJ...
Liz

Pasadena, CA

#45 Feb 25, 2010
Riding motorcycles can be very sexually exciting for women, because of the vibrations.
Law Abiding Citizen

Ventura, CA

#46 Feb 26, 2010
No2Reichwing wrote:
I WILL add that anyone familiar with forums, is well aware of the common attempt to win an un-winnable argument by picking on a typo, common usage phrase or effect they don't understand, or think they can detract from the message. When those of us who post on multiple forums see an attack on syntax or spelling we automatically recognize someone who does not have a valid argument, but must stoop to pettiness and irrelevancy as their only offense/defense. TTFN
Wrong. But nice try.

Poor grammar is a pet peeve of mine and it disappoints me how our language is being "dumbed down" every year. I'm just as likely to point out an error with people who agree with me, as those who do not.

My biggest pet peeve: People who use reflexive pronouns in an attempt to sound more intelligent. I'm sure you hear it daily.

"How are you doing today, Bob?"

"I'm fine. How about YOURSELF?"

UGH!!!!!!

Or even better, at the end of many memos...

"If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Terry or MYSELF."

Everyone loves to complain about illegals, often about their refusal to learn the language.(I'm in agreement with them, primarily with people who have been here more than a few years.) Yet, people who grew up SPEAKING ENGLISH can't get it right!!

Have a great weekend, All!!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#47 Feb 26, 2010
Nope you're wrong. Try a few other forums

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#48 Feb 26, 2010
Well, Liz,i don't know what YOU ride, but it must be a specially made bike. Personally, I think you're a guy with a fantasy-or should I say fantassy. Are you looking citizen? Read ee.cummings
wade

Phillipsburg, NJ

#49 Feb 28, 2010
OMG, i was doing something else and stumbled upon this. WTF is wrong with you. are you guys not only hampered by the brand of bikes you ride,let alone women may further shorten your appendage?! why dont you walk around with a rooster strapped to your heads. get your knees in the breeze and ride with your spirit. that is the only name of this game. small hint, divided we fall! and the powers that be love it! RIDE RIDE RIDE.
wade

Phillipsburg, NJ

#50 Feb 28, 2010
and that goes out to you short arm nazis who think you know enough about motorcycles to even dare submit something that talks world over. IDIOT and yes you know who you are. OR think YOU are.
Suzie Q

Chino Hills, CA

#51 Feb 28, 2010
Men still ride harley's ?
MotorMike

San Gabriel, CA

#52 Feb 28, 2010
Reading this thread I wonder...are we talking about "who's better, a male or a female"?..or are we talking about female riders boosting HD sales? Personally I think a gal riding a harley, and riding with competence is admirable. Furthermore,I would say if anyone, male female, a space alien wants to aquire an HD or any other two wheeled motor and hit the road with it...there absolutely nothing wrong with that. We may encourage them as any other rider to "get your learn on" so you don't end up being a statistic because that makes good sense. Any other negative towards a woman rider is just an emotional responce and the person "feels" threatened somehow. As a guy I love to see a gal-rider taking it down the road with confidence and pride...that's awesome and I wish those that choose to do so on an HD or any other motor the very best of luck and God's Speed!
Law Abiding Citizen

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#53 Feb 28, 2010
MotorMike wrote:
Reading this thread I wonder...are we talking about "who's better, a male or a female"?..or are we talking about female riders boosting HD sales? Personally I think a gal riding a harley, and riding with competence is admirable. Furthermore,I would say if anyone, male female, a space alien wants to aquire an HD or any other two wheeled motor and hit the road with it...there absolutely nothing wrong with that. We may encourage them as any other rider to "get your learn on" so you don't end up being a statistic because that makes good sense. Any other negative towards a woman rider is just an emotional responce and the person "feels" threatened somehow. As a guy I love to see a gal-rider taking it down the road with confidence and pride...that's awesome and I wish those that choose to do so on an HD or any other motor the very best of luck and God's Speed!
I'm fine with female riders.(Most of them are 150 lbs plus and look like men anyway.)

My girl rides, but only about 25% of the time. 75% of the time, we're riding two up.
wade

United States

#55 Mar 2, 2010
and probably ride further than you can spit.
Dr Bombay

Beckenham, Australia

#57 Mar 3, 2010
Some female riders really get on my nerves when they get all vocal about how technically experienced and well ridden they are.. no humility whatsoever. We've heard it a thousand times from braggish oaths with no class, before AND after the first 6 pack. Why is it acceptable for a chick to praise herself in that way? Self praise is little recomendation.
If a man was talking like that you'd just finish your beer and go get one in the lounge bar or the next pub just to get away from him.

I think it's a valid subject for an article. Certainly hogs are getting popular with the ladies. If only they didn't make a such a noise about it, it wouldn't seem so unattractive. I think ladies who ride sports bikes just don't give a fuk either way. They just ride for the adrenaline instead being preoccupied with looking cool or bad ass, or whatever it is Harleys apparently do. They sure as shit don't buy them for the added advantage of being able to pick them up when they fall over at the lights.
Law Abiding Citizen

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#58 Mar 3, 2010
wade wrote:
and probably ride further than you can spit.
Weak, but nice try.
wade

Oak Creek, WI

#59 Mar 4, 2010
aw hell. it was starting to fishtail coming out of that last turn.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#60 Mar 6, 2010
Wade-don't worry about "law abiding citizen" it's just a troll with no argument. If you notice they say nothing at all. They are merely pulling a value judgment from their pointed hat, that covers their pointed head. "Citizen" is a legend in their own mind.
Law Abiding Citizen

Buena Park, CA

#61 Mar 6, 2010
No2Reichwing wrote:
Wade-don't worry about "law abiding citizen" it's just a troll with no argument. If you notice they say nothing at all. They are merely pulling a value judgment from their pointed hat, that covers their pointed head. "Citizen" is a legend in their own mind.
No, just not a moron who is into arguing. But knock yourselves out. You'll find someone who enjoys it as much as you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockhampton, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat Warnock Dec 21 patwarnock 1
Where to get Quality Wee d / Hashes in Rockhamp... Dec '16 Hansen 1
moving to rockhampton????? (Mar '07) Jun '16 Julia Pietruszka 48
News Port Arthur massacre made Police Minister Bill ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 what a load 1
News Australian race relations suffering from a lack... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Truth 2
culture of china discuss (May '15) May '15 Tang 1
News Homes destroyed as twin cyclones slam into nort... (Feb '15) Feb '15 funny 2
More from around the web