Mother and son's tragic suicide pact

Mother and son's tragic suicide pact

There are 54 comments on the NEWS.com.au story from Feb 16, 2011, titled Mother and son's tragic suicide pact. In it, NEWS.com.au reports that:

A WOMAN and her teenage son took their own lives in a bizarre suicide pact in Rockhampton, Queensland, at the weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NEWS.com.au.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tragic

Australia

#1 Feb 16, 2011
This is a tragic loss to a tragic family and all their tragic friends left behind in the tragic town of Rockhampton and also the tragedy that is Melbourne, where they lived most of their tragic lives.

“1943-2013”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 16, 2011
AIDEN Colbourne said he would rather kill himself than go to jail.

Well .........

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 17, 2011
nice mom...

>thats sarcasm for the dummies that dont know<
judgejudy

Box Hill, Australia

#4 Feb 17, 2011
This ain't the lucky country any more. Australians are becoming desperate. This incident is a reflection of our society.

rebecca in conyers

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#5 Feb 17, 2011
I hope they find their way to peace ........
Real sad story.

rebecca in conyers

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#6 Feb 17, 2011
Pretty Feet wrote:
nice mom...
>thats sarcasm for the dummies that dont know<
*woof*
Those feet ain't so pretty, lol.

Annie Muk

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 17, 2011
And who is to benefit from this "suicide pact"? Satan? If the father was a professional idiot then his wife and son make him look like an amateur. "That'll teach them!" I suppose the two of them thought.

rebecca in conyers

“Always consider the dragon ...”

Since: Apr 09

If you live near her.

#8 Feb 17, 2011
Annie Muk wrote:
And who is to benefit from this "suicide pact"? Satan? If the father was a professional idiot then his wife and son make him look like an amateur. "That'll teach them!" I suppose the two of them thought.
I don't think that was it.
What goes through the mind of someone who chooses to take their own life? Maybe he couldn't bear the thought of jail, that's what was hinted.
A real shame, I hope they move forward.
My belief is that suicides have to fight harder to go toward the higher levels in the afterlife. Of course I'm no expert, just my opinion.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 17, 2011
They obviously had some serious depression issues....why, as a mother would you agree to anything like this is beyond me...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#12 Feb 17, 2011
rebecca in conyers wrote:
<quoted text>
*woof*
Those feet ain't so pretty, lol.
LOL
now dont be jealous, i can send u all my beauty secrets if u'd like.

;)

“Don't harsh my mellow, man!”

Since: Aug 08

Great State of Oklahoma!

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Urineass....^^
Those with intelligence will get it!

“Let her cry, for she's a Lady”

Since: Apr 08

Let her dream, she's a Child

#16 Feb 17, 2011
My sympathies to the daughter, who was left to find this tragic turn of events.

<sighs>

Cherish Your Loved Ones.

“Wish I had Safari money”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#17 Feb 17, 2011
theonlyharleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are... is this why your Daddy selfishly took his own life? I mean,, really a man who has everything, loving home,, children,,wife, job etc,, would never do such a cowardly thing...
Suicide is the actions of a coward..taking the easy way out.
Surprise!
Should we tell folks how Daddy had us turning tricks by the age of 16 when he was pretending to be a race car driver?
Remember you kept wishing he was dead, but all you could do is get him locked up?
When is that Safari we were lying about?
harleyisasickjok e

Bullhead City, AZ

#19 Feb 17, 2011
theonlyharleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think of it,,they did not keep that in mind as they do not care.. after all it is the actions of a selfish coward.
maybe you should have thought about it when you knew that you had mental retardation running in your family to not have kids yourself that way your daughter and grandson would not have been afflicted like you. if your eyes are that far apart i wonder if you daughter has one on each side of her head. now we all know why you say you home schooled. admit it you were embarrassed of your own child. dwarfism and retardation runs in your family maybe you should spay your dog quickly.
judgejudy

Brunswick, Australia

#20 Feb 17, 2011
theonlyharleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are... is this why your Daddy selfishly took his own life? I mean,, really a man who has everything, loving home,, children,,wife, job etc,, would never do such a cowardly thing...
Suicide is the actions of a coward..taking the easy way out.
Suicide crosses the minds of many during hard times but generally they don't have the guts to do it.

Suicides are actions of complete helplessness!
Sad there wasn't the help around that illegal immigrants receive for this family.
judgejudy

Brunswick, Australia

#23 Feb 17, 2011
harleyisasickjoke wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should have thought about it when you knew that you had mental retardation running in your family to not have kids yourself that way your daughter and grandson would not have been afflicted like you. if your eyes are that far apart i wonder if you daughter has one on each side of her head. now we all know why you say you home schooled. admit it you were embarrassed of your own child. dwarfism and retardation runs in your family maybe you should spay your dog quickly.
Making fun of others' suffering is not smart, clever nor impressive.
You never know what's around that corner, downy.
harleyisasickass joke

Bullhead City, AZ

#24 Feb 17, 2011
theonlyharleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>Nice touch, but not true. Suicide is committed by those that are cowards and take the easy way out, and leave supposed loved ones behind to pick up the pieces, and live with the shame,,, not so nice I would think... certainly not a thing to be proud of.
As for immigrants,,legal or not,, they get all the breaks, by those that work,,,
always the expert. lol
harleyisasickass joke

Bullhead City, AZ

#25 Feb 17, 2011
theonlyharleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>I am torn,, should I laugh,, or yawn.... hell with it, I will do both...
yawn!...and lmcltao! oh and keep trying... I am waiting for that information on my ex, the dr, the email we exchanged, etc.... do not keep up waiting too long,, or we "all" will be know then,,that you are all talk and no action....
from the one that knows everything show where i have ever said that i exchanged emails with a hor like you. i like real women not some made of piece of shit. keep trying because you can't do it you lying bitch. your so jealous of all the women on offbeat that you make yourself look more ignorant than your picture with the eyes wide apart.
judgejudy

Brunswick, Australia

#26 Feb 17, 2011
theonlyharleyhoney wrote:
<quoted text>Nice touch, but not true. Suicide is committed by those that are cowards and take the easy way out, and leave supposed loved ones behind to pick up the pieces, and live with the shame,,, not so nice I would think... certainly not a thing to be proud of.
As for immigrants,,legal or not,, they get all the breaks, by those that work,,,
If they were cowards why aren't the majority of us committing suicide. Why is there an outcry for euthanasia to be legalised? Where there is a demand there is a need and many are not brave enough to commit the act.
judgejudy

Brunswick, Australia

#27 Feb 17, 2011
Cheeka-Weeka wrote:
They obviously had some serious depression issues....why, as a mother would you agree to anything like this is beyond me...
It's beyond me but maybe she felt responsible for her son's crime. I think it's sad that other family members and friends did not see the warning signs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockhampton, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Port Arthur massacre made Police Minister Bill ... Feb '16 what a load 1
News Australian race relations suffering from a lack... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Truth 2
moving to rockhampton????? (Mar '07) Jun '15 Steve 47
culture of china discuss (May '15) May '15 Tang 1
News Homes destroyed as twin cyclones slam into nort... (Feb '15) Feb '15 funny 2
News Cyclone Marcia: Terrifying experience ahead for... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Puma-1 2
News Beef baron loses fight for life (May '14) May '14 Stan Dandyliver 2
More from around the web