Setting the world on fire

Apr 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier Mail

THIS is a story about comfort zones and invisibility. About square pegs and round holes. via The Courier Mail

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kulu gisa

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 28, 2007
 
I used to have very negative impression about Australians when the first time I heard news about oil drilling illegally done by Australia in East Timor TERITORY since 1999. Maybe I am a type of person that fall easily into hasty generalisation. I don't think all Australians are bad as I used to think before. June Norman, an Australian woman, has given me an example that she really wants to help Timorese because she has pure intention and that she loves Timorese. I hope Australian Goverment too learn from her that by helping us, Timorese, it is because you feel we are your neighbour and I expect it is not because you need our Oil.
If you, Australia, help us because you love us, I really appreciate your help but if you help us just because you need our oil, I think you are not worse than Indonesia. Remember, june Norman has given you good example. If only the Aust Government's has the same intention as Norman, I really value Australia's help.
Apatche

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 28, 2007
 
Hmmm....

Aussie has withdrew from Int'l Convention on the Law of the Sea or UNCLOS...so it'll be easy to forcing tiny and poor Timorese to make a concencions!!
Therefore coversaly, Timor Leste is the biggest overseas aid donor to Australian budget!!....Sounds funny....but its true!!

Now...Timorese have to wait for 50 years, before they c'd fix their territorial integrity. It happen because of their greedy neighbour!!!Just follow them, otherwise they will takeover your Island!

Good luck Timorese!!
CC Hudilaran

Timor-Leste

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 28, 2007
 
Kulu gisa wrote:
I used to have very negative impression about Australians when the first time I heard news about oil drilling illegally done by Australia in East Timor TERITORY since 1999. Maybe I am a type of person that fall easily into hasty generalisation. I don't think all Australians are bad as I used to think before. June Norman, an Australian woman, has given me an example that she really wants to help Timorese because she has pure intention and that she loves Timorese. I hope Australian Goverment too learn from her that by helping us, Timorese, it is because you feel we are your neighbour and I expect it is not because you need our Oil.
If you, Australia, help us because you love us, I really appreciate your help but if you help us just because you need our oil, I think you are not worse than Indonesia. Remember, june Norman has given you good example. If only the Aust Government's has the same intention as Norman, I really value Australia's help.
Dear Hulu Gisa,
There is no such thing as 'a free lunch' in this world, let alone in state-to-state relationship. Hedonism is,in many instances, pure rethoric.
Let's live up with it and find ways to minimise our deception.
Have a good Sunday,
Nehek

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 28, 2007
 
Apatche wrote:
Hmmm....
!!!!

As far as I know, you are the only human on this PLANET with such an pessimistic view in life... As for an 'anarchist ideologist’ you haven’t really matched one. This is due to your constant change of identity... My experience with real anarchists, they always stick with their IDENTITY and are very proud people in every sense of the word, also dignified enough to accept the bads and the goods of the arguments...You have proven to be totally the opposite....

Please don't use TIMOR Rai Doben's name in VAIN...because all the TIMORESE don’t share thesame views as YOURS. June Norman, is a great friend of Timor and OURS…. TIMOROIL will be finished within the next 15 to 20 years time - our neighbours such as Australia will stay as our nearest neighbour for the rest of TIME.

Have some dignity my brother/sister, and live the personal ego and opinionated views for some other time. please...
Keda

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 29, 2007
 
Kulugisa,

You should have maintained that negative impression that you used to have for the Australians. They deserve the remarks like ‘thieves, liars and so on’. And it is also so sad to hear that, that impression evaporated only because you were exposed to the good behaviors of one or two Australians.

“Don’t take the good behavior of one or two Australians as a reference to say that the government of Australia is playing a fair game in the negotiation over the oil under the Timor Sea”. If that is how you are going to gauge the game the government of Australia is playing over the Timor gap, it is a big misleading. Let’s bear this in mind: the interest and the goal of the government of Australian in East Timor is only one ‘to be in control of the Timor Sea’, and whether or not you like it they have achieved that goal, because our stupid parliament headed by Lu Olo had ratified the ‘Greater Sunrise’.
kulu gisa BAUCAU

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 29, 2007
 
Keda,
you are right that Australian Government indeed have stolen our oil. And I hate that Australian Government. Again, I hate the Ausralian GOVERNMENT.
But talking about Australian Government and an australian Lady, June Norman, is two different things.
I asked myself "should I hate all Australians just because the Australian Government's have stolen our oil with their unceasing greedineess?
If I fill my heart with too much negative impression towards all Australian, I imprison myself and it doesnt lead me to any peacefullness. Everything that is inside me is darkness and wikcedness.
My Friend Keda, though we hate Austalian Government, we should learn to value what June Norman have done to some of our brothers and sisters in EAST TIMOR. The good deeds that June Norman have done to some of our brothers is beyond price. WE cannt buy it with money though we sell all our oil in our territoy.
Furthermore, there are some australians who fought against their government for their government's evil deeds of stealing our natural resources.
The question is "should I hate all Australian?"
It maybe a easy question but it takes our time to ponder before we answer it.
Keda

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 30, 2007
 
Kulugisa,

You do need to tell me the difference between the Australian civilians and government of Australia. I totally understand that they are two different things. But should I change my position toward the Australian government because of the fake altruistic behaviors that one or two Australians have been demonstrating to our people in East Timor? Remember Kulugisa, there is no free lunch in this world. Economically speaking, people decide to do something because they know that the return that they will get out their good deeds is bigger than what they are actually doing right now. There is no altruism in the world. Jesus would not die for the sinners if his father had not promised him an eternal life. It suggests that altruistic behaviors in this world are bullshit.
Kulu Gisa Baucau

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 30, 2007
 
It's your own new theological theory that you bring up here. But as far as I believe Jesus did not die for our sins just because His Father promised him Eternal life. He died for us because it was out of love. He loves us. Why should he die for something that he already has?
He already has eternal life from the beginning.

My friend Keda,
I don't force you to change your position towards Australian Government or maybe all Australian. it's your right.
It's your right to judge every Australian as much as you want.
I have right to judge them differently. I curse the Australian Government. But I love those people like June Norman who has helped our brothers and Sisters.
Kulu Gisa Baucau

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 30, 2007
 
It's your own new theological theory that you bring up here. But as far as I believe Jesus did not die for our sins just because His Father promised him Eternal life. He died for us because it was out of love. He loves us. Why should he die for something that he already has?
He already has eternal life from the beginning.

My friend Keda,
I don't force you to change your position towards Australian Government or maybe all Australian. it's your rights.
It's your rights to judge every Australian as much as you want.
I have rights to judge them differently. I curse the Australian Government. But I love those people like June Norman who has helped our brothers and Sisters.
Manuel

Valongo, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 30, 2007
 
"But talking about Australian Government and an australian Lady, June Norman, is two different things" said Kulu Gisa from Philippines before the intervention against from Keda. It's not my business, but it seems even New Zealand government is astonished with the well done by Australian government concerning the special touch in which Australian troops behaviour in East Timor since last year is understanding abroad by international community, with or not oil in question. In my opinion which is perhaps questioned by ourselves is if it happens differently and last year when military troubles begun if East Timor at the time was as country without resources of the kind of energetic undersea treasure of the like, it was probably just missing the opportunity having Australian troops helping solving little by little the crisis whatsoever fluctuations of interests in it and certainly the putsch was the beginning of just more one small civil war like in Solomon islands since three or four years before the next provisory happy end with a new elected president in more or less democratic rule of a previous disintegrated state nearby your coast. Relationships between big and small states is not compared automatically with gardens of kind ladies but as sometimes rustle’s strength tensions like the course for the tiger and two lovers in dispute. Mr.Howard was to me very realistic particularly in the case of Timor in the good sense of the tension between factions at the time, perhaps a cure against other failures abroad, dixit. What is the bid ? Conservative as him in this case he was fine and pay per view monkey business in duty for killing of Mr Sergio Vieira de Mello after in Iraq. East Timor has wind of history in this particular smell of oil success from its side. Cheers Keda and Kulu Gisa with Jane in the same shipwreching near the coast of adventure and tourism way of gambling with luck.
Keda

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 30, 2007
 
Kulugisa,
Being altruistic is just another strategy that the Ausies are employing to stop the Timoreses, including you and me, from hating them over their dirty games in the negotiation over our oil. We need to give applause to those Australians who have good heart and want to help Timorese, but we need to be careful.

My principle is that there are no pure altruistic behaviors in the world. There is no one in the world, including Jesus, who does something really out of love a hundred percent. Do really believe that Jesus would sacrifice himself if he knew that he would not be raised again after three days? And are you really sure that those Australian guys who are now performing and demonstrating their altruisms in East Timor are not expecting anything in return for their good deeds? It sounds hard my friend… human beings are self-interests...
Mau HET

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 1, 2007
 
To Keda and kulu kisa,

What the matter you two bring up the Theology discussion in this forum! Sorry to say this but perhaps you two make very good discussion, I wondering every thing in the world it’s noting is free… Ex, live at home MUM and DAD fit you but also they speck you to do something for them as well.

I know Australia people well and I know Government also. This point about our Oil many OZ people support us that they call FAIR GO FOR EAST TIMOR, offcourse sometime I am not agree with OZ government and also East Timor government, thus we must think in reality about life and living standard in Australia, perhaps maybe I am wrong but let put in this way don’t juge mental about OZ still oil, looking for same good outcome that this people willing to help this is one point. In other point I do believe OZ government willing to give what is belong to Timor but remember one thing To whom they one to trust in this case I more concern for East Timor government. I am not say the East Timor government its bad but are they willing to develop the country or they uses for they own purpose.

Long live friendship OZ and ET
Kulu Gisa Baucau

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 1, 2007
 
Keda wrote:
Kulugisa,
Being altruistic is just another strategy that the Ausies are employing to stop the Timoreses, including you and me, from hating them over their dirty games in the negotiation over our oil. We need to give applause to those Australians who have good heart and want to help Timorese, but we need to be careful.
My principle is that there are no pure altruistic behaviors in the world. There is no one in the world, including Jesus, who does something really out of love a hundred percent. Do really believe that Jesus would sacrifice himself if he knew that he would not be raised again after three days? And are you really sure that those Australian guys who are now performing and demonstrating their altruisms in East Timor are not expecting anything in return for their good deeds? It sounds hard my friend&#8230; human beings are self-interests...
You are right my friend!
we just have slightly different opinion!
There is no precarious solution to a difficult problem if we don't fall easily into hasty generalization. Australians are not perfect! neither do we.
we are not perfect and we should not be too humanistic.
Manuel

Valongo, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 2, 2007
 
What can I say more about details where it's only possible speculating even in good faith and searching the way of the tiger. Sensation of manipulation by Timorese abroad and cultural victimisation or closed circle concerning the appropriation of the matter which apparently only concern them as natural born and social identity abroad not enough impeaching others at countless levels bringing their skilled superiority to dominate the chaos and made order as long before when as colonial power deed. How to escape from hegemony and constructing a dual scale economy without too much neo-colonial fantasies and not capsizing as small nation before the others ? Concerning these abyssal problems for three generations back and forth tetun language stays permanently in the mind of the people and needs a careful attention even in school obviously and learning other languages even for official patterns obliged the learners knowing some words from the main natural local language for changing with learning other’s for speech, talk, speak or heard, understand, conserve and writing if well done from the beginning.
Ryan Dimachio

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 2, 2007
 
ey Kulu gisa

if you really love your impoverished backward Timour, what the hell are you doin in that dirty country phillippines. are you a timorese or a phillipino national. whats so good abt phillippenes. is that a poor polluted country like your timour matey. so many timourese living in oz illegally, whats your problem ey!
just dont get it

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 3, 2007
 
Keda wrote:
Kulugisa,
You should have maintained that negative impression that you used to have for the Australians. They deserve the remarks like ‘thieves, liars and so on’. And it is also so sad to hear that, that impression evaporated only because you were exposed to the good behaviors of one or two Australians.
“Don’t take the good behavior of one or two Australians as a reference to say that the government of Australia is playing a fair game in the negotiation over the oil under the Timor Sea”. If that is how you are going to gauge the game the government of Australia is playing over the Timor gap, it is a big misleading. Let’s bear this in mind: the interest and the goal of the government of Australian in East Timor is only one ‘to be in control of the Timor Sea’, and whether or not you like it they have achieved that goal, because our stupid parliament headed by Lu Olo had ratified the ‘Greater Sunrise’.
Can you tell me where east timor got the $1000 million it has in a new york bank account. Yes thats $1000 million. I wont repeat the question i just require an answer please. Oh and who built the oil platforms that east timor now makes money from. Why did australia send troops and spend millions of dollars ( tax payers money )stopping what would have become a civil war had the australian government not cared about east timor and its people. http://www.laohamutuk.org/Bulletin/2006/Apr/b... i suggest you read this and then make a posting seems you know nothing about what the facts are.
Keda

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 4, 2007
 
just dont get it wrote:
<quoted text> Can you tell me where east timor got the $1000 million it has in a new york bank account. Yes thats $1000 million. I wont repeat the question i just require an answer please. Oh and who built the oil platforms that east timor now makes money from. Why did australia send troops and spend millions of dollars ( tax payers money )stopping what would have become a civil war had the australian government not cared about east timor and its people. http://www.laohamutuk.org/Bulletin/2006/Apr/b... i suggest you read this and then make a posting seems you know nothing about what the facts are.
I do not get your point brother. What kind of fact were asking me to refer to? Are you trying to tell me that the oil fund that East Timor now has in New York Bank is the result of the hard of the Austrlian government? and therefore we should be grateful to the Australians...sorry that's just not me... By the way,are you a Timorese? If you are then I am sorry to tell you, but you have been misled... if you are not then I don't care because there is no point for you to know it.
Keda

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 4, 2007
 
Hey Kulugisa,

Where have you been? Why have you been so quiet?

Do you still believe in altruism?

Assume that June Norman will not be rewarded for the good deeds that he or she is doing right now in ET, let say no eternal life, does he still want to continue doing what he is now doing?

I make assumption because the world is full of assumptions... and maybe through assumptions one can learn whether altruism really comes from inside or is just being driven by an outside factor.
Hadulur

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 4, 2007
 
My Friend Dimachio.

It's Please avoid insulting other people's country. If you have no idea or argument, please just shut your mouth. Let's look at our own country, East Timor, which is the poorest nation in the world. Look at yourself in the mirror before you insult Philipipines. I'm an East Timorese too, but I'm ashamed of your comment about Philippines as a dirty and poluted country. In fact it is, but let's forget about that and discuss about what is necessary for our beloved country East TImor. I hope you understand that. Thanks.
Ryan Dimachio wrote:
ey Kulu gisa
if you really love your impoverished backward Timour, what the hell are you doin in that dirty country phillippines. are you a timorese or a phillipino national. whats so good abt phillippenes. is that a poor polluted country like your timour matey. so many timourese living in oz illegally, whats your problem ey!
Kulugisa Baucau

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 4, 2007
 
Ryan Dimachio wrote:
ey Kulu gisa
if you really love your impoverished backward Timour, what the hell are you doin in that dirty country phillippines. are you a timorese or a phillipino national. whats so good abt phillippenes. is that a poor polluted country like your timour matey. so many timourese living in oz illegally, whats your problem ey!
My friend Dimachio, If you know the meaning of "kulugisa Baucau" you should know where I am from. Yes I live legally in the Philippines, the second world chountry, and I am happy here. I am happy because I believe that the happiness comes from each of our heart. It has to come from within. If you know that, nothing can impede you from your happiness. Polution in this country will not hinder you from your happiness. Poverty in this country will not obstruct you from your Joy. Nothing can prevent you to find love.
What I find the most scenic experience here is that Filipinos smile like Timorese. I believe that Smile is contegious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rockhampton, Australia Discussions

Search the Rockhampton, Australia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Australian man bitten by deadly snake grabbed a... Mar '14 orange spray tan muppet 4
looking for Fred Harsant (Jul '08) Jan '14 Daniel Harsant 23
moving to rockhampton????? (Mar '07) Oct '13 Local 42
Gigantic Crocodile Finds a New Home in Australi... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Neville Thompson 7
Beaches. (Sep '13) Sep '13 QLDer 2
Govt urged to build longer lasting homes in Ind... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Crazytempest 4
Australia: Outback characters (Apr '13) Apr '13 rayce 1
•••
•••
•••
•••