Mourners pay respects at Australia Zoo

There are 21 comments on the The Courier Mail story from Sep 4, 2006, titled Mourners pay respects at Australia Zoo. In it, The Courier Mail reports that:

MOURNERS laid flowers at the entrance of Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo today after the man known as the Crocodile Hunter died in a freak marine accident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier Mail.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
walter kirk

Frederick, MD

#1 Sep 4, 2006
i well miss you steve your show was the grant may wes well keep it going i hope just for you
R Gower of Florida USA

Mary Esther, FL

#2 Sep 4, 2006
How my family will miss the great Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter. His television shows were educational,entertaining, and appealing to all ages. We were fortunate enough to have had Steve and Terri visit to my home town, Ft. Walton Beach, Fl, USA to do some filming of our local Florida wildlife on the Eglin Air Force Base military reservation. He also took a flight in one of the military fighter aircraft while he was here at Eglin Air Force Base. Steve was so popular, and his loss is truly a loss to both people and wildlife of the world. WE WILL MISS YOU STEVE!
L Morgan Mississippi USA

Mary Esther, FL

#3 Sep 4, 2006
My family always enjoyed Crocodile Hunter on television and in his movie. We send our heartfelt sympathy to all of the Irwin family. May Steve's work continue at the Australia Zoo. We will miss you Steve.
Nancy Mayhew Fort Worth

Dallas, TX

#4 Sep 4, 2006
My sympathy goes out to Steve's family.i raised my child watching The Crockhunter he is the most courageous person that I have ever seen. I hope Terrie carries on with his work and continues to let his fans watch his movies. We are all shocked and saddened by his death.
Duh

Santee, CA

#5 Sep 4, 2006
G'buy Crokie! My kids will miss you deeply. My condolences to the family. I know his wife & kids must be crushed.
John Taylor

Birmingham, UK

#6 Sep 9, 2006
Dear steve you was great guy , a gentleman and a scollar you was few and far between any other man on this planet you tought us all that there is love in this world. You did what you did best and you did it with ease the world will miss you I will miss you, you was one of my heros and that is because you was nothing but yourself 100% of the time.
R.I.P steve may the crocodile hunter live on in the heart of the world forever more.
Laura Thompson

Birmingham, UK

#7 Sep 9, 2006
my heart goes out to your family you will be sadly missed you showed people how to care and be brave youve inspired so many people and you will be remembered as the hero that you are and always will be.
gemma green

Manchester, UK

#8 Sep 10, 2006
all i can say that is a big loss tho the world of animal exploration and my goes out to you family who will be in our thoughts always and forever
nathaniel green

Manchester, UK

#9 Sep 10, 2006
wot a guy CROCS RULE!!!!!!
Kristen Ridley

Edinburgh, UK

#10 Sep 10, 2006
Armen!!!
El Barnez

Colnbrook, UK

#11 Sep 10, 2006
R.I.P. Stevie dude, a great ambassador for down-under and a great educator and promoter of wildlife and nature. Died doing what you were born for, what you did best and what you will always be remembered for. My thought are with the close ones you left behind.
Ryan Ridley

Falkirk, UK

#12 Sep 10, 2006
R.I.P STEVE IRWIN

i love your shows and ur animals
MariaVersteegeKa renZ

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 10, 2006
We loved watching Steve Irwin and family. He showed us how to love and care for animals, he tought us a new side of life- thank you Irwin family. Thanks to their inspirational work, we opened our hearts and home to save 22+ kittens. we will continue do carry out the good will he tought us, helping all humans and creatures alike. Thank you for all the fun, R.I.P Steve ;(
*condolences to the family and friends* Good bye to my hero
John oklahoma

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Sep 28, 2006
Steve Irwin was a man, with a really big heart
He loved animals, right from the start
Saving wildlife, was his main concern
So that adults and children, would be able to learn
Whether it was wrestling a croc, or saving a kangaroo
Steve loved spending time, at the australia zoo
He was a wonderful husband, and a loving dad
And he shared with others,all the knowledge of animals, that he had
The only time he showed fear, in his life
Was when he got married, to Terri his wife
What else can I say, that hasn't already been said
What an amazing life, this man led
Although his spirit is here, but his body is gone
Steve Irwins name, will always live on
siobhaun

Australia

#15 Oct 6, 2006
Steve was my hero and now he's gone we all love the family and i love them heaps
Rebecca and siobhaun

Adelaide, Australia

#17 Oct 7, 2006
You are still in our hearts and we will all help your family get through the tragic news
Jessy Rose

Adelaide, Australia

#18 Oct 7, 2006
Steve will always be my HERO!!
and i will always miss him!!!!
poto graph

Adelaide, Australia

#19 Oct 7, 2006
Sorry you died we loved you Steve and we still do
TEAR TEAR TEAR TEAR!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie Strauss

Ogden, UT

#20 Nov 7, 2006
I am sending late sympathies due to illness. I just want to let you know that there are people in this world that radiate love for faith, family, humans, nature and wild animals all the same. The faith they hold is what every individual on earth should have. As I watched your daughter and all of her strength, she reminded me of my daughter just turned 9. They have this faith and this understading that is from faith. I did not go through anything close to what you went through, but my oldest baby, Guilianna was my strong hold. If it were not for her, I could not have made it through my situation.

I watched your Bindi and cryied for you. Not in sadness, but in faith. She is there to help you through your hardship. I am so sorry for your loss and the loss for your children. I am not trying to say I understand any of your situations, I just want to say, the Lord blessed you with an Angel. She is your way through this hardship. Please feel no guilt that she is so strong and you just want to crawl in a corner and be left alone. I understand.

I hope I crossed any line! I just see in your daughter your husbands love for family, faith, animals, and nature all with the same enthusiasm equaly.

You are truly blessed. My family's prayers are with you!

God Bless,

Jackie and Guilianna Strauss
jeana aka biggest fan

Towson, MD

#21 Jan 2, 2007
steve i have been ur biggest fan sceanc i was young u r my hero i deam about being just like u i miss u so much and i always will i wanted to come to austrlai to meet u and ur family bindi,ms tarry and you new son bob so i will not get the chance to meet u but i will alway learn from u i will always remamber u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Queensland, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Gonorrhea Strain in Australia Resistant to ... (Nov '14) May 24 Yank Oliver 13
News Hanson: halal a 'money-making racket' May 22 Porkman 4
News Maid of the Mist remains a worldwide draw May 5 Anonymous 1
News Secret recordings of Labor election 'deal' May 4 Cath League of Du... 1
News Calls for Samoans to be deported from Australia (Nov '08) Apr '15 Indians are stink... 4,423
Work Specialization in Organizations Apr '15 Kim 1
News Seeking ugly women for Outback's lonely hearts (Aug '08) Apr '15 William Shorten 5
More from around the web