Gladstone death: Court alert for murder charge

May 9, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News.com.au

Grant Westley Meredith, 31, is accused of the town's first non-domestic-violence murder in 17 years. via News.com.au

Comments
161 - 180 of 182 Comments Last updated Mar 26, 2014
Sweet Justice

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

Grant Meredith has just pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court at Rockhampton and was given life in prison.

One less piece of shit off our streets.

Leon, the floor is all yours as I am sure that all of Kat's friends and family on here are now awaiting your promised apology for the deplaurible display you have shown here. Take it away champ!
kazza

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2011

Judged:

Sweet Justice wrote:
Grant Meredith has just pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court at Rockhampton and was given life in prison.
Leon, the floor is all yours as I am sure that all of Kat's friends and family on here are now awaiting your promised apology for the deplaurible display you have shown here. Take it away champ!
thank god for that... notice the piece of shit didnt go for a jury trial... guilty guilty guilty.... may he be tortured in prison like he tortured poor Kathryn....
Dave from Gladstone

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

To all the family and friends of Kat yesturday couldn't come quick enough... I hope now Kat can R.I.P.

A beautiful young life stolen by a monster... I hope they put never to be released on it's file... I'm glad it didn't make everyone go thought a trail!!!

Grant Westley Meredith I hope every day of your life is now filled with misery, and I hope you rot in your prison cell... Because you only have hell waiting for you!!!
Sal from Gladstone

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

Judged:

Gladstone GAL wrote:
so SAL from Queensland, its January 2011 and heard nothing from any court cases,yet??? have you got any information for us?
Is what occurred yesterday good enough for you luv? I told you it would resolve without trial. How's that for not trusting someone you don't know. Good god, you are priceless. As for the result, it was expected and it's the way it should be. Now, for all you that doubted his guilt, wait until the entire file goes to the public library, as it will now that the matter is finalised and have a good read at what your friend did.
Gladstone resident

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

Judged:

You can now RIP Kat. God bless u and ur family. Hopefully everyday will get easier for them.
and Leon....please go get the help u need before u end up hurting someone just like ur so called friend did. If u have any decentsy about you, you will seek the professional help u need. It won't make up for the total lack of repect u have shown to Kat and her loved ones but it might help a little. Please mate go get some help!!!!!
Gladstone resident

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

Judged:

Sweet Justice wrote:
Well said.... hope u read this one Leon????????
Ex gf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

Judged:

Thats great news... So glad to hear the scumbag got life... I hope his suffering really really bad... Go Rot in hell grant I hope u suffer the rest of your miserable existence...
Friend Way Back

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

Sweet Justice wrote:
Thank goodness it's finally over for everyone involved!! I hope that Kat's friends and family are all able to move slowly forward, and remember all of Kat's glory and enthusiasm in life...
Dearly missed, but justice has been served... Do not release!!! That's for sure... Should be no parole...
Miss you Kat, I hope you're looking down on everyone with pride. You know how dearly you're missed and you've seen justice served... Keep an eye on your family and friends and watch over them as they need be XOXOX

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

""Is what occurred yesterday good enough for you luv? I told you it would resolve without trial. How's that for not trusting someone you don't know. Good god, you are priceless. As for the result, it was expected and it's the way it should be. Now, for all you that doubted his guilt, wait until the entire file goes to the public library, as it will now that the matter is finalised and have a good read at what your friend did.""

Wateva luv,i wasnt being a smart arse in my last post, thanks for calling me being priceless:) cleary u know what ur are talking about, but i will NEVA trust anyone that i dont know!! i use to know grant, he worked with me at work, and i trusted him like friend and looked what he done! so thats just how i am. i thought it mite have gone to trial as lots of us were called in as witnesses, so i was left wondering!! i didnt think there was anyneed for " i told u so attitude", but that must jus b u>
Michael

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

God Bless you Kat
gladstone bloke

Gladstone, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Judged:

to this piece of scums family, I hope that this asshole rots in prison how dare anyone say this piece of shit is a good bloke. What he done was something you couldn't think of i wish i found him before the cops did and gave kats family a tip off and let them do what this animal deserves. My heart goes out to all Kats Family. RIP
kwaka64

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Im glad to see that justice has been served! I would like to read about this when the information is released to understand the true horror of the crimes committed by Grant. As I have stated before , i knew grant from campbelltown, he was an odd person!
Mike72

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

I knew Kathryn and don't have much of an opinion of her as others do , however she did not deserve what became of her and I hope she is now in a better place , whatever that may be.

My thoughts are primarily with her family and somewhat to his too. Both have to live with it. I cannot fathom how someone does this and then goes by their normal life. Clearly he is a psychopath and needs help
Saw it on the tv

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

I hope the police followed up on his mouthy 'friend', seeing that friend was so concerned for the murderer and became so angry when it became clear the murderer was going away for good

Hope the murderer's computer was gone through with a triple fine toothcomb, too. And hope it led investigators to many other sick twisted paedophiles
Anonymous

Alton Downs, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

grants sister wrote:
I am Grant Meredith sister. We, mum & dad & my family wish to express our sympathy to Kathryn & family. We do not condem Grant in his actions of what has happened. But I do want to state that we love him no matter what. A person that has no violence or criminal record, & commited a crime as such as this needs mental help. I am sorry for what has happened, but my family are also victims in this, we lost a son, brother, uncle & we must deal with the acknowledge of what he has done to another person/family - forever. The things you write about him over internet/paper that he is a murder etc make me angry, he has done something terrible & unforgivable I know, but he is my baby brother all the same & I love him, I am scared for him & I am sorry. Remember us, the family that also cope with this - we are also in pain. Thank you. Grant Meredith, Sister.
Here you go love - look what I found: have a read: Hope you & your family are coping love - cause I'm damn sure Kats family are not:
http://www.qpu.asn.au/journal/current
Anonymous

Alton Downs, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

For anyone who wants a read of this freak - especially all you people who said he was such a nice guy - & I'm sure this is tame compare to what he was really like - enjoy:
http://www.qpu.asn.au/journal/current
Just click on the beautiful picture of Kat to read the story on this evil, selfish monster
kazza

Saint Albans, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2011

ive heard the gladstone observer had a big article on this creep in last saturdays paper... 9th april, lets all hope this piece of shit is locked up forever and flogged up every day.. thank the gods he is off the streets....
rip beautiful Kat...
parent

Nambour, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

Judged:

to all the so called friends of this scumbag you had better read the police story that was released.qld police union journal march edition and see the truth what he did.
make sure you read the whole 8 pages then see if you really want to call him a friend.
as for justice there is none.unless his family read the story too they will never understand what there son has done either.
in 12 yrs time he can apply for parole and if he gets it all HELL will break loose
the justice system is crap and we will keep fighting it.
know them

Gosford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

the whole family is strange
GOODBYE

Umina, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Behind bars forever for this LOSER

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••