Gladstone death: Court alert for murd...

Gladstone death: Court alert for murder charge

There are 192 comments on the News.com.au story from May 9, 2008, titled Gladstone death: Court alert for murder charge. In it, News.com.au reports that:

Grant Westley Meredith, 31, is accused of the town's first non-domestic-violence murder in 17 years. via News.com.au

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News.com.au.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
grants sister

Australia

#1 Jun 9, 2008
I am Grant Meredith sister. We, mum & dad & my family wish to express our sympathy to Kathryn & family. We do not condem Grant in his actions of what has happened. But I do want to state that we love him no matter what. A person that has no violence or criminal record, & commited a crime as such as this needs mental help. I am sorry for what has happened, but my family are also victims in this, we lost a son, brother, uncle & we must deal with the acknowledge of what he has done to another person/family - forever. The things you write about him over internet/paper that he is a murder etc make me angry, he has done something terrible & unforgivable I know, but he is my baby brother all the same & I love him, I am scared for him & I am sorry. Remember us, the family that also cope with this - we are also in pain. Thank you. Grant Meredith, Sister.
grants sister

Australia

#2 Jun 9, 2008
I have to comment that I made a spelling error in the above I meant to type in Condome not condem, my sincere apoligies. We would never ever accept that Grant has done something like this to someone ever that why its so hard. Thanks. Grant Sister
Rex

Australia

#3 Jun 9, 2008
That's very brave of you to speak out. The actions of your brother should never be festered upon the family. You and the rest of your family did not commit this crime, your brother did. Until the court case ends and all the facts are out there then i think people should keep their traps shut and stop making suppositions. As always violence affects all relatives involved. I can see why people would be upset and this will go on for a long time yet, but the measure of a person is how well they respond to it.

SUPERIOR AUSSIE

“Ride Hard Die Free”

Since: May 08

bullet-proof tiger

#4 Jun 9, 2008
grants sister wrote:
I am Grant Meredith sister. We, mum & dad & my family wish to express our sympathy to Kathryn & family. We do not condem Grant in his actions of what has happened. But I do want to state that we love him no matter what. A person that has no violence or criminal record, & commited a crime as such as this needs mental help. I am sorry for what has happened, but my family are also victims in this, we lost a son, brother, uncle & we must deal with the acknowledge of what he has done to another person/family - forever. The things you write about him over internet/paper that he is a murder etc make me angry, he has done something terrible & unforgivable I know, but he is my baby brother all the same & I love him, I am scared for him & I am sorry. Remember us, the family that also cope with this - we are also in pain. Thank you. Grant Meredith, Sister.
Sorry for your pain not your brothers. He can rot in hell. He had a choice, he made the wrong one. You can't undo death.
Leon Van Niekerk

South Africa

#5 Jun 10, 2008
I am Grants friend, we attended st gregorys college at the same time, i do not think Grant would ever be capable of comiting such a crime... He is a person of good character and i believe all are innocent until proven guilty. Leon Van Niekerk +27836929132 [email protected]
Leon Van Niekerk

South Africa

#6 Jun 10, 2008
Grant Meredith and I attended st gregorys college together and we were best friends. I find it impossible to believe that Grant could ever hurt someone intentionaly let alone commit murder! I think that everyone should give him the benefit letting a court judge him. Untill then Grant should be presumed innocent. Leon Van Niekerk [email protected]
grants neighbour

Narangba, Australia

#7 Jun 10, 2008
I still have trouble in thinking that a nice funny man,could do such horrible thing.Grant was a good and helpful neighbour,my heart goes out to his family.Please let the right decission be made for grant, so that he can get the correct help needed.
Sue

Eight Mile Plains, Australia

#8 Jun 25, 2008
grants sister wrote:
I have to comment that I made a spelling error in the above I meant to type in Condome not condem, my sincere apoligies. We would never ever accept that Grant has done something like this to someone ever that why its so hard. Thanks. Grant Sister
No criminal record ? Thats a joke. Just hasn't been caught for breaking and entering and stealing yet.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#9 Jun 26, 2008
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
No criminal record ? Thats a joke. Just hasn't been caught for breaking and entering and stealing yet.
What do you know, that the rest of us don't?
Annette Daley

Australia

#10 Jun 28, 2008
Leon Van Niekerk wrote:
I am Grants friend, we attended st gregorys college at the same time, i do not think Grant would ever be capable of comiting such a crime... He is a person of good character and i believe all are innocent until proven guilty. Leon Van Niekerk +27836929132 [email protected]
I am Kats aunty, and i tell you their is enough evidence and he is guilty as hell, and he took my neices life so now he forfeits his own
Annette Daley

Australia

#11 Jun 28, 2008
grants sister wrote:
You say u love your brother, oh how very nice for you, but my niece is no longer here to love. Sorry can't accept you can love a low life, drug filled killing monster. Help, you say he needs, more like a bullet to the head. I have no intention of feeling sorry for the animals family, our family is going through hell, and missing our sweet innocent Kat. We just had her 21st birthday.
Kathryn Louise Daley, Aunty. RIP

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#12 Jun 28, 2008
Annette Daley wrote:
<quoted text>You say u love your brother, oh how very nice for you, but my niece is no longer here to love. Sorry can't accept you can love a low life, drug filled killing monster. Help, you say he needs, more like a bullet to the head. I have no intention of feeling sorry for the animals family, our family is going through hell, and missing our sweet innocent Kat. We just had her 21st birthday.
Kathryn Louise Daley, Aunty. RIP
Lay blame where it's due - on the guy who took your neice.

It's probably fair to say Grant's sister loves her brother, just like you love your niece.
BONNIE

Australia

#13 Jun 28, 2008
Leon Van Niekerk wrote:
You can still admit to being his friend? A person of good character? He committed a huge offence in NSW before coming to Gladstone to murder one of the beautiful young girls here and not only murdered but raped and tortured her. Oh ya good character allright. As far as needing "help" well he was well enough to work everyday, well enough to hunt this girl down and do what he did to her PLUS well enough to keep going on with his life after his slaughter. Ya the kind of help he needs is a bullet through his ugly horrible head but that too seems to easy for a monster like him!
Mount Isa, Australia

#14 Jul 13, 2008
GRANT WAS AND STILL IS, DESPITE WHAT HE DID STILL A MATE HE WAS JUST YOUR TYPICAL AUSSIE LARICAN WITH A GOOD HEART .FOR HIM TO COMMIT THIS UNFORGIVEABLE CRIME IS JUST NOT HIS CARRACTER ,KNOWING HIS CARRACTER HE WOULD WANT ADMINERSTER THE BULLET HIMSELF. IF HE IS GUILTY HE WILL HAVE TOO LIVE WITH THAT FOREVER FOR TAKING AN INOCENT LIFE , WHAT A WASTE OF TWO LIVES .
Mary

Australia

#15 Jul 24, 2008
I can't even beieve what I am reading!!! Those of you who say he is has a good heart and that you love him need s serious wake up call!! He is a sick and twisted creep for doing this and he deserves everything he gets and then some! How would you feel if that was your daughter or sister or someone you loved? I bet if it was you wouldn't be feeling sorry for this asshole! Think about the pain and fear this poor girl endured while this man rapped and killed her. Don't feel sorry for him feel sorry for Kat and her family.
Leanne Martin

Melbourne, Australia

#16 Aug 1, 2008
I am an Aunt of Kat's from Victoria and I hope this monster gets life in prison because that is what he took from my neice, her life. She will never get married or experience the joy of having children because of what he did. I believe he has done this before and if he is allowed to walk free one day, he will do it again.
Michael

Bendigo, Australia

#17 Aug 5, 2008
My family watched as Kat grew up only to be taken away by a piece of SCUM, totaly agree a bullet would be to quick make the parasite suffer.
BONNIE wrote:
<quoted text>
You can still admit to being his friend? A person of good character? He committed a huge offence in NSW before coming to Gladstone to murder one of the beautiful young girls here and not only murdered but raped and tortured her. Oh ya good character allright. As far as needing "help" well he was well enough to work everyday, well enough to hunt this girl down and do what he did to her PLUS well enough to keep going on with his life after his slaughter. Ya the kind of help he needs is a bullet through his ugly horrible head but that too seems to easy for a monster like him!
Dan

Australia

#18 Aug 17, 2008
I didnt kno kat personally, but i lived in gladstone all my life, my heart goes out to her friends and family, i cant even imagine the hurt and emotion u must be enduring... this has affected the whole town in many ways, i just want to say we our prayers are with u each and every day... sorry for your loss
kenneth

Redmond, WA

#19 Aug 21, 2008
I new kat well she was a too nice of a person to have this done to her and as tony,sue and joey. The mongrel that has done this should get the electric chair with out the sponge.
gladstone teen resident

Melbourne, Australia

#20 Aug 22, 2008
someone who commits such an act like this is not human.he is and animal and i have no sympathy what so ever for him or is family whats so ever.i didnt no kat personally but it was absoulutly devastated to hear how her beatiful life was cut short from sucha a horrid animal act.i often walked along the same track that she did that night and i felt safe as possible.that pathetic excuse of a man has terrified and hurt us all you F***n C****

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Queensland, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aussies slam buzzword Budget 19 hr snails 1
News Clive Palmer will not seek re-election for his ... 21 hr screw aus 1
News Brisbane post-budget breakfast hosts John Howar... 21 hr kill ex PMs 1
Earthquakes Are Japan's Conspiracy (Nov '11) Apr 21 fukuda 3
News Transgender woman 'raped more than 2,000 times'... Apr 19 TerriB1 1
News 60 Minutes crew, Brisbane mother facing kidnapp... Apr 14 Neville Thompson 1
News New Gonorrhea Strain in Australia Resistant to ... (Nov '14) Apr '16 Grassclipper 15
More from around the web