Australian billionaire wants to build...

Australian billionaire wants to build Jurassic Park-style resort

There are 28 comments on the KurzweilAI.net story from Aug 1, 2012, titled Australian billionaire wants to build Jurassic Park-style resort. In it, KurzweilAI.net reports that:

Controversial billionaire Clive PalmerA is rumored to be planning to clone a dinosaur from DNA so he can set it free in a Jurassic Park-style area at his new Palmer Resort in Coolum, Sunshine Coast Daily reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KurzweilAI.net.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

#21 Aug 4, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
No you missed the main things you are known for in Queensland...your propensity to slag off races especially the Aborigini, your big gobs, the mass ownership of bull terriers and cane toad squashers.
I do love Cairns though, and it has not so much to do with the national, liberal loving, big hatted, rednecks as it has to do with the Barrier reef and Coral sea....Hey but don't take it personal...it is a generalisation.
I am sure there are some good decent people in Queensland mostly seniors who migrated from the cooler more rational states to retire to worship the sun....
Cane toad golf should be an olympic sport - we'd at least win gold. Yes I own a special cane toad golf club. And I take offence to your comment of slagging off the races. We slag of everybody. We're like the Jews of Australia - superior ..... and hated.
Light Bearer

Perth, Australia

#22 Aug 4, 2012
With the Dollar at this rate he really must be banking on a halving of the international value of the AU.
Maybee being a mining man he knows what he is talking about. Maybe he is ripping off his foreign backers.
It all sounds like BS to me.
Light Bearer

Perth, Australia

#23 Aug 4, 2012
It actually sounds like he is willing to write off his mining taxes he has to pay against the losses on this white elephant until Australian Tourism picks up.
It might be his idea of a hedge fund.
Because as a serious Tourism Project it is bogus.
Basically he wants the Australian Taxpayer to pay for his hedge fund.
The pig.
Elias

Australia

#24 Aug 4, 2012
So is this park going to be driving distance from Sea world and dream world?

Since: Dec 10

Armadale, Australia

#25 Aug 4, 2012
chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cane toad golf should be an olympic sport - we'd at least win gold. Yes I own a special cane toad golf club. And I take offence to your comment of slagging off the races. We slag of everybody. We're like the Jews of Australia - superior ..... and hated.
Wait till the Olympics comes around to us again and add Cane toad golf to them....if there are any left of course....It might be the only way we will get gold...
Light Bearer

Perth, Australia

#26 Aug 4, 2012
Elias wrote:
So is this park going to be driving distance from Sea world and dream world?
His plan is to nullify the mining tax with a white elephant property development offset against his mining profits for future hedging.

In effect the Aust Taxpayer will pay for it in tax losses.
Why are all these pigs fat?
The nature of the beast.
ahmed

Sefton, Australia

#27 Aug 4, 2012
such a park is haram
Elias

Australia

#28 Aug 4, 2012
Light Bearer wrote:
<quoted text>
His plan is to nullify the mining tax with a white elephant property development offset against his mining profits for future hedging.
In effect the Aust Taxpayer will pay for it in tax losses.
Why are all these pigs fat?
The nature of the beast.
ahhh of course, Palmer and Rinhart are nothing if not capitalist piggies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Queensland, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WTF News: It's Weird, True and Funny Mon beatlesinthebog 3
News Aussie screenwriters in final of Script Pipelin... Jul 22 Rosco 2
Native Sons MC Queensland Australia (Aug '12) Jun '16 casper 45
News High cost of living leading to electricity disc... Jun '16 French beta cuck 7
News ALP targets Herbert amid rising unemployment Jun '16 P plater 1
Earthquakes Are Japan's Conspiracy (Nov '11) May '16 fukuda 5
News Queensland to lower age of consent for anal sex May '16 what the 1
More from around the web