BB Guns in Perth
Hamburgers

Adelaide, Australia

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a BB gun in Perth? I'm a big fan of target shooting - and shooting at the Lone Ranges shooting gallery is crazy expensive... Thanks!
mate

Australia

#2 Mar 13, 2013
BB guns are ilegal in Australia and Perth has some of the most stringest firearms laws. At this current stage airsoft guns are classified as a weapons and owning one is a fierarms offence. Dont even try.
Hamburgers wrote:
Hi everyone, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a BB gun in Perth? I'm a big fan of target shooting - and shooting at the Lone Ranges shooting gallery is crazy expensive... Thanks!
Hamburgers

Findon, Australia

#3 Mar 23, 2013
Makes sense, but still - does anyone know where I can get one?
Someone

Perth, Australia

#4 Aug 11, 2013
Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?
Robin wasley

Perth, Australia

#5 Oct 13, 2013
Yes you can I got my son one at a swap meet in balga for $25 great fun
adam

Burswood, Australia

#7 Mar 24, 2015
how can we all convince the government to actually legalise bb guns?
adam

Burswood, Australia

#8 Mar 24, 2015
unless you want to travel all the way to brickmart,Adelaide top go to the bb stand round back and spend neally $200 on a pistol,rifles are probably like $700 or something
Agros cartoon connection

Toowong, Australia

#9 Mar 27, 2015
What sort of a sh*thole bans bb guns for f*cks sake. What a poofter place.
gonads

Perth, Australia

#10 Jun 24, 2015
Mate sounds like a cop,, keep searching hamburgers there out there
Blake

Perth, Australia

#11 Aug 8, 2015
gonads wrote:
Mate sounds like a cop,, keep searching hamburgers there out there
Yeah I know right😆&#128518 ;
lucas cameron

Perth, Australia

#12 Apr 5, 2016
Robin wasley wrote:
Yes you can I got my son one at a swap meet in balga for $25 great fun
where did you get it
Grant

Perth, Australia

#13 Aug 19, 2016
An what about all the ones out there that were bought through shops yrs ago. My understanding was it's not illegal to have them. They just stopped em coming in. An what's out there is out there. Heck I still got 1000s of bbs but sold the guns on gumtree.
Biteme81

Perth, Australia

#14 Aug 28, 2016
Grant wrote:
An what about all the ones out there that were bought through shops yrs ago. My understanding was it's not illegal to have them. They just stopped em coming in. An what's out there is out there. Heck I still got 1000s of bbs but sold the guns on gumtree.
What size bbs? Im chasing some .22 for my benjamin rifle...
Jonathan -Dodgemeister

Perth, Australia

#15 Aug 30, 2016
What Mate said..

They are illegal here in Australia and there is an incredibly itsy-bitsy chance that they will be allowed - IF you were to spend a shed-load of dollars to Lobby.. lobby.. travel, hire lawyers, travel, lobby, demonstrate..(carry on spending btw...) etc

Fine- you may find you have a 'bb gun' but it will most likely be rubbish and I suspect you will have more fun with paintball (ugh) or Nerf...(go youtube Nerf .. and there is some HILARIOUS stuff being made.:D, especially by some Island fellas in Queensland)

If you want fun with them( Airsoft guns) in the end it would be cheaper to travel to NZ and go and play it legally there with a number of clubs. Check out ASNZ / Airsoft New Zealand - there are clubs all over the country.

You would be able to play with all sorts of REPLICA firearms (and even in NZ they are classified as a type of fire-arm.. only recently has the outright ban on Full-automatic been lifted, up until then they were in a 'grey' zone)

The sport is an action sport and can cause facial injury- Eye protection is mandatory while mouthguards.full face covers are encouraged but not enforced. I have seen a tooth chipped while playing and one of the most painful places to be hit is the tip of the ear. Yow.

Hits are called through honesty and honour. Basically... if you are not honest or play with honour you get ostracised PDQ (or welts, just to make sure you call your hits)

Airsoft in NZ is also played as a MilSim game - the best game I have been on was 24 hours (there) and temperatures of 0deg Cel. But some games go longer. most are shorter of either minutes or hours. There are competitions/Nationals as well.

People are encouraged to join a club or even gather up enough mates to make your own club.

But it is not a cheap sport, yet at the same time it is and can be. You can deck yourself out as the flashest gung-ho pimped out PMC low-vis high-speed unit there is or you can go all 'urban-war' style with an AK or HK and headband. It is not a sport/game for idiots/blow-hards - We sure as heck (in NZ) do not want 'tards destroying it for the rest of us, especially after the hard work with customs and NZ Police. If you do the wrong thing you can end up with real guns drawn on you... explain the new colour of your washing to your mum then eh?:D

About 9? years ago, Tokyo Marui released a fantastic little airsoft gun (springer) that was self cocking - it was intended to be used by boys and girls -like nerf.

And to answer the other question - BBs are standard as either 6mm or not common as 8mm in diameter. The 'normal' weight for bbs is about .2g or .25g. Anything less than that is mostly suitable for traps, mines or shotguns (and yes, airsoft has those too)
Bbs can go up to about .43g which are more suitable for sniper/marksmen weapons, as while they may not fly quite so far as a .2g, the kinetic energy and mass makes them more resistant to trajectory deviation.
They consist of either styrene or biodegradable contents with colours that vary from fluoro (mostly .12g to white, black or green. I like using white/green combos.
There are luminescent ones too for night time use - aka Tracer rounds. Real impressive.

Maybe that answered some questions and preempted others?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Perth, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perth gay/bi hookup (Jan '15) 44 min Xavior 1,421
Warnbro nude beach (Sep '14) 45 min Xavior 1,919
Middle swan res (Aug '15) 1 hr TheNut 3,712
Atwell DJ 1 hr Mase 1
burns beach (Dec '14) 5 hr Curious18yearold 55
anyone in brabham want d**k can provide 5 hr Fckme 7
Joondalup Shopping Centre (Apr '16) 6 hr Dre 346
Club X Perth (Cinema Room) (Jan '15) 11 hr Joondalup 202
More from around the web