Voters in Julia Gillard's electorate revolt after her carbon tax

Jul 23, 2011 | Posted by: Palawa | Full story: www.heraldsun.com.au

The verdict - what the voters in the Prime Minister's backyard say. Source: Sunday Herald Sun HUGE numbers of voters in Julia Gillard's heartland Labor seat have turned against her in the wake of her plan to tax carbon, according to a new poll conducted exclusively for the Sunday Herald Sun.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2011
Ahomana

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Why restrict it to her heartland.....most of the population sees her as a lying backstabber, hate her two faced decietful cronies and her carbon tax and think she is weak......No surprises there.
Ross Darwin Australia

Maryborough, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

besides being a liar, she is mean she will not give us a holiday after Evans wins in France. Pity it was not a boat race. Shame on her.

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 24, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Australian leaders. Love 'em. Say all the right things. It's the GODDAMN antiamerican AUSTRALIANS I have issues with.

Australia should become China. Thats who these antiamericans freaks are. Assange can go down on Mao's 3 inch dim sim for all I care.

Communist antiamerican and speech impaired. Thats Australia

“No carbon dioxide tax”

Since: Feb 10

bullet-proof tiger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 24, 2011
 
Mr Humbert wrote:
Australian leaders. Love 'em. Say all the right things. It's the GODDAMN antiamerican AUSTRALIANS I have issues with.
Australia should become China. Thats who these antiamericans freaks are. Assange can go down on Mao's 3 inch dim sim for all I care.
Communist antiamerican and speech impaired. Thats Australia
I don't see any anti Americans, where are they humpy?

I think you have a thing for assange.

“No carbon dioxide tax”

Since: Feb 10

bullet-proof tiger

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Muslims like humpy, would love to see Australians and Americans unhappy with each other. lol

Ignore my humpbert he's on a jihad.
calle

South Yarra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 24, 2011
 
Mr Humbert wrote:
Australian leaders. Love 'em. Say all the right things. It's the GODDAMN antiamerican AUSTRALIANS I have issues with.
Australia should become China. Thats who these antiamericans freaks are. Assange can go down on Mao's 3 inch dim sim for all I care.
Communist antiamerican and speech impaired. Thats Australia
This thread does not concern you.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Humbert wrote:
Australian leaders. Love 'em. Say all the right things. It's the GODDAMN antiamerican AUSTRALIANS I have issues with.
Australia should become China. Thats who these antiamericans freaks are. Assange can go down on Mao's 3 inch dim sim for all I care.
Communist antiamerican and speech impaired. Thats Australia
Are you so blind that you would attack an innocent man who was simply bringing honest jounalism to the world?
And he did give your intelligence agency (such as it is)first chance to vito it, prior to it's release.
He should be given a medal by you, people like this should be encouraged in a free and open society not be spat on by the uninformed and ignorant. Assange is a hero that has risked his life and condemnation to bring truth to the world and proved he and his website are owned by no one, how many jounalists can say this today?
There have been many incidents where the media has aided governments and supported deciet and sometimes brainwashing to ensure that governments keep the truths from it's citizen's and not always for the right reasons.
Do you wish to enjoy a government that has to be answerable to the people? then rally behind these brave jounalist that risk everything to report and release pertinent information to the common people.
Jebus

Ashfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hero?
Truth?

Who's truth? Whos hero ?
He picks and chooses, and release the ones which suit him.
Which suits his causes.

When info is leaked about his organization, he is the first to critisize it.
Wiki leaks is also very closed... and secretive.

They work with the guardian, that should say it all...
the guardian is a left wing paper.

Why doesnt he leak info about whats going on in muslim countries?
He hasnt leaked a single thing on muslim dictators.
Checkm8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so blind that you would attack an innocent man who was simply bringing honest jounalism to the world?
And he did give your intelligence agency (such as it is)first chance to vito it, prior to it's release.
He should be given a medal by you, people like this should be encouraged in a free and open society not be spat on by the uninformed and ignorant. Assange is a hero that has risked his life and condemnation to bring truth to the world and proved he and his website are owned by no one, how many jounalists can say this today?
There have been many incidents where the media has aided governments and supported deciet and sometimes brainwashing to ensure that governments keep the truths from it's citizen's and not always for the right reasons.
Do you wish to enjoy a government that has to be answerable to the people? then rally behind these brave jounalist that risk everything to report and release pertinent information to the common people.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 25, 2011
 
Jebus wrote:
Hero?
Truth?
Who's truth? Whos hero ?
He picks and chooses, and release the ones which suit him.
Which suits his causes.
When info is leaked about his organization, he is the first to critisize it.
Wiki leaks is also very closed... and secretive.
They work with the guardian, that should say it all...
the guardian is a left wing paper.
Why doesnt he leak info about whats going on in muslim countries?
He hasnt leaked a single thing on muslim dictators.
<quoted text>
There is only ONE truth and if you don't know that by now you are in serious trouble....ei any word backed up by evidence and fact....all of which Wikileaks supplied, so don't shoot the messenger... and maybe he hasn't reported on the Islamists in their countries because he doesn't have a stooge in high places who trust westerners enough or who can be paid off as was the case in America... it's all relevant isn't it?....
Jebus

Ashfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

one truth?

"for the fox it is good to eat the rabbit, for the rabbit it is bad to be eaten by the fox"

facts, evidence?

There are only observations and interpretations...
And I wont trust assange to do either of those for me.

assange is hardly objective and unpolitical... if you watch some of his debates on youtube you can see that quite clearly.
He clearly has an agenda, as we all do, and we each pick those things which suit us... The only dangerous/lieing one, is the one pretending he has no agenda.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 25, 2011
 
Jebus wrote:
one truth?
"for the fox it is good to eat the rabbit, for the rabbit it is bad to be eaten by the fox"
facts, evidence?
There are only observations and interpretations...
And I wont trust assange to do either of those for me.
assange is hardly objective and unpolitical... if you watch some of his debates on youtube you can see that quite clearly.
He clearly has an agenda, as we all do, and we each pick those things which suit us... The only dangerous/lieing one, is the one pretending he has no agenda.
Truth..pleasssseee....What is Wikileaks and Assange's agenda....with evidence and facts....not just the truth as YOU percieve it...which I regard as both propaganda and brainwashing BS such as with the weapons of mass destruction lie perpetrated by YOUR OWN government. Fact there were no weapons of mass destruction ever found in Iraq...
Twohorses

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 25, 2011
 
Ahomana wrote:
Why restrict it to her heartland.....most of the population sees her as a lying backstabber, hate her two faced decietful cronies and her carbon tax and think she is weak......No surprises there.
A lying backstabber? Why, her record is better than Abbott's. Gillard has been caught with ONE supposed lie, it wasn't actually, whereas Abbott lies daily and admits it.

Backstabber? How did Abbott get into his job might I ask? Exactly the same way, replacing the leader he swore allegience to.

SO what's the difference? Only your bias.

As to Gillard's supposed lie. If you actually check you will find that promise she made was "There will be no carbon tax....."

She's introducing a carbon PRICE you moron. You won't pay anything to the taxman as a result of it will you?

If you put Abbott in you will. His direct action is just that. Money taken direct from YOU and given to the polluters. It's now costed at over $1000 per year to the taxman from the taxpayer. But you prefer that do you?

You, are a total fool who has no idea what he is talking about.

Check the polls in about a year cretin.
Jebus

Ashfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hehe
"not just the truth as YOU percieve it..."

You said it yourself :)

what exactly are "facts" "evidence" ?

Could you give me 3 "facts" you are sure of that are universally "true" ?(could be anything)
Checkm8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth..pleasssseee....What is Wikileaks and Assange's agenda....with evidence and facts....not just the truth as YOU percieve it...which I regard as both propaganda and brainwashing BS such as with the weapons of mass destruction lie perpetrated by YOUR OWN government. Fact there were no weapons of mass destruction ever found in Iraq...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 25, 2011
 
Jebus wrote:
hehe
"not just the truth as YOU percieve it..."
You said it yourself :)
what exactly are "facts" "evidence" ?
Could you give me 3 "facts" you are sure of that are universally "true" ?(could be anything)
<quoted text>
I. Barrack Obama is POTUS.
2. Panda's are BLACK AND WHITE....
3. Koala's are not bears.....
4. The world is round....
Oops could have gone on forever.....
check em' all up on google and wikipedia....I am sure I am right and that the facts are there to back me up....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 26, 2011
 
Twohorses wrote:
<quoted text>
A lying backstabber? Why, her record is better than Abbott's. Gillard has been caught with ONE supposed lie, it wasn't actually, whereas Abbott lies daily and admits it.
Backstabber? How did Abbott get into his job might I ask? Exactly the same way, replacing the leader he swore allegience to.
SO what's the difference? Only your bias.
As to Gillard's supposed lie. If you actually check you will find that promise she made was "There will be no carbon tax....."
She's introducing a carbon PRICE you moron. You won't pay anything to the taxman as a result of it will you?
If you put Abbott in you will. His direct action is just that. Money taken direct from YOU and given to the polluters. It's now costed at over $1000 per year to the taxman from the taxpayer. But you prefer that do you?
You, are a total fool who has no idea what he is talking about.
Check the polls in about a year cretin.
Didn't she also stuff up the education port folio Oh! and tell us she and her party wouldn't
introduce a carbon tax..we could go round and round about lying polies here but that wasn't the point I was making YOU DUMB C#NT, it was about hypochrisy, try reading it again and this time with eyes that aren't blurred by booze...And Abbott got his job by challenging and winning against Turbull in a non election year...on the other hand Rudd was our PM wasn't challenged...(no
warning or notification of a challenge there)...and ousted BIG FECKIN' DIFFERENCE!! Fecking go back to bed you idiotic retarded loser.....
Jebus

Ashfield, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 26, 2011
 
I. Barrack Obama is a puppet with no power and he doesnt make any decision... he is a front man for the real elites and reads teleprompters
2. Pandas come in red too.
3. koalas are probably not bears i agree
4. The world is round.... this is when observed from space... however from the ground here, it is flat. It depends on your position and perspective.
Oops could have gone on forever.....
no... humans dont live for forever... or could i be wrong?
the point is these egs are very basic...
if its so hard to establish a fact in this realm... how can you do so in the much more complicated realm of human life... esp of politics etc

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 26, 2011
 
Jebus wrote:
I. Barrack Obama is a puppet with no power and he doesnt make any decision... he is a front man for the real elites and reads teleprompters
2. Pandas come in red too.
3. koalas are probably not bears i agree
4. The world is round.... this is when observed from space... however from the ground here, it is flat. It depends on your position and perspective.
Oops could have gone on forever.....
no... humans dont live for forever... or could i be wrong?
the point is these egs are very basic...
if its so hard to establish a fact in this realm... how can you do so in the much more complicated realm of human life... esp of politics etc
What you are quoting are not facts OR evidence you obviously haven't looked these thing up in the encyclopedia which backs up my evidence with the very facts you omit from your rantings....What have we said about your perceptions....
thor

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 28, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

Mr Humbert wrote:
Australian leaders. Love 'em. Say all the right things. It's the GODDAMN antiamerican AUSTRALIANS I have issues with.
Australia should become China. Thats who these antiamericans freaks are. Assange can go down on Mao's 3 inch dim sim for all I care.
Communist antiamerican and speech impaired. Thats Australia
is that right , so your happy being lied to dickhead,assange showed , no proved that the U.S.A talks shit when it suits the good old U.S.A , but you still think assange is the problem ? one day you will get a heamoroid and your IQ will double ! then you will realise that the U.S.A is all about the U.S.A ,braindead
Beady

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thor wrote:
<quoted text> is that right , so your happy being lied to dickhead,assange showed , no proved that the U.S.A talks shit when it suits the good old U.S.A , but you still think assange is the problem ? one day you will get a heamoroid and your IQ will double ! then you will realise that the U.S.A is all about the U.S.A ,braindead
thor he's a jolly fellow
A jolly good fellow
thor he's a jolly good fe ellow
So say none of us

hip hip.....
thor

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 28, 2011
 
Beady wrote:
<quoted text>
thor he's a jolly fellow
A jolly good fellow
thor he's a jolly good fe ellow
So say none of us
hip hip.....
one question , thats all beady what are your personal beliefs ? dont just attack people without putting your personnal beliefs up for debate and then go running away like a little child ,let your balls drop and stand up for yourself , be a man (or woman) you are wrong Im not a jolly fellow . this is for beady only

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Melton, Australia Discussions

Search the Melton, Australia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
V/Line's possible timetables circa 2021 (May '12) May '12 robert 1
3000 'shortfall' leaves gaps in thin blue line (Aug '08) Jan '12 Canadian Lot Lizard 2
'Land of racists' findings disputed (Feb '11) Feb '11 no_ethnics 1
Call to shut down teen 'revenge' website (Oct '09) Oct '09 Masina 2
Pressure grows as Melbourne rockets to 4 million (Apr '09) Jul '09 Teacher 56
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••