Travel: Australia

Oct 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Scotsman.com

For rugby union fans, it's regarded as one of the sport's ultimate supporter experiences, one they dream of taking part in at least once in their lifetime.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Travel Australia? Well I'd practice my Canadian accent, say EH and you betcha. HOHSE not house. Australians hate America. So I have to be careful.

Probably start north at Port Douglas work my way down to Australia Zoo to Steve Irwins shrine. WHAT A GREAT MAN?

Then I'd find that white sandy beach in Queensland where the dingoes roam. Porpoise Spit that fictional town In Queensland in Muriels Wedding. I want to go to someplace like that .

Then Hunter Valley Winery and Sydney where Olympics Games were and have a meat pie. Like to explore area where first Australian settlers arrived.

Highlight of trip would be Aussie rules football game in Melbourne or a horse race. Try their coffee thats better than Starbucks. Then I rent a car a drive the great ocean road.

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Mr Humbert wrote:
Travel Australia? Well I'd practice my Canadian accent, say EH and you betcha. HOHSE not house. Australians hate America. So I have to be careful.
Probably start north at Port Douglas work my way down to Australia Zoo to Steve Irwins shrine. WHAT A GREAT MAN?
Then I'd find that white sandy beach in Queensland where the dingoes roam. Porpoise Spit that fictional town In Queensland in Muriels Wedding. I want to go to someplace like that .
Then Hunter Valley Winery and Sydney where Olympics Games were and have a meat pie. Like to explore area where first Australian settlers arrived.
Highlight of trip would be Aussie rules football game in Melbourne or a horse race. Try their coffee thats better than Starbucks. Then I rent a car a drive the great ocean road.
I'll pick you up at the airport if you like. No need to send photo - I'll just listen for the biggest whinger getting off the plane.

Come in your winter - our summer - crocs are active. crocs love international food.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll pick you up at the airport if you like. No need to send photo - I'll just listen for the biggest whinger getting off the plane.
Come in your winter - our summer - crocs are active. crocs love international food.
LOL!

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heehee. Give you check for that. Chefboy do you cook wichity grubs and roo tail or do you just flip burgers at Mickydees?
Poorsh driver

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Heehee. Give you check for that. Chefboy do you cook wichity grubs and roo tail or do you just flip burgers at Mickydees?
Best place for a picnic is right on the bank of the South Alligator river I recomend it.

Southern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Poorsh driver wrote:
<quoted text>
Best place for a picnic is right on the bank of the South Alligator river I recomend it.
Does australia have alligators. Haahaa. I don't think so. Just crocs I believe. I know more about your own country than you do. I'll google it.
Poorsh driver

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Does australia have alligators. Haahaa. I don't think so. Just crocs I believe. I know more about your own country than you do. I'll google it.
Yeah google it mate before you go off half cocked and make a fool of yourself
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
Alligator river is a name. A drunken settler named the place after a few too many drinks and accidentally referring to an American dictionary for describing a long snappy thing with sharp teeth.
Poorsh driver

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Alligator river is a name. A drunken settler named the place after a few too many drinks and accidentally referring to an American dictionary for describing a long snappy thing with sharp teeth.
They were explored by Lieutenant Phillip Parker King in 1820 who named them in the mistaken belief that the crocodiles in the estuaries were alligators.
Where did you get the bit about him being a drunken settler?
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Poorsh driver wrote:
<quoted text>They were explored by Lieutenant Phillip Parker King in 1820 who named them in the mistaken belief that the crocodiles in the estuaries were alligators.
Where did you get the bit about him being a drunken settler?
I was being tongue in cheek. Your story is worse, I would have expected a British Lieutenant to be exposed to the basics of biology.
Poorsh driver

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being tongue in cheek. Your story is worse, I would have expected a British Lieutenant to be exposed to the basics of biology.
In 1850? do you think he would have got close enough to tell the difference? Unless you are familiar which I doubt a pommy Lieutenant in the 1800's would have been, its an easy mistake to make.
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Poorsh driver wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1850? do you think he would have got close enough to tell the difference? Unless you are familiar which I doubt a pommy Lieutenant in the 1800's would have been, its an easy mistake to make.
Yes 1820 according to your source. Even so crocodiles were swarming all over northern Australia so he had to be a little daft in understanding basic geography that Alligators are only found in north America. I'm imagining him truding around the northern territory in his wellingtons declaring to his suboordinates that he "saw an alligator" LOL!
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

*trudging*
Poorsh driver

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Elias wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes 1820 according to your source. Even so crocodiles were swarming all over northern Australia so he had to be a little daft in understanding basic geography that Alligators are only found in north America. I'm imagining him truding around the northern territory in his wellingtons declaring to his suboordinates that he "saw an alligator" LOL!
Yeah well he was a pom so I shouldnt expect too much lol
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Poorsh driver wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah well he was a pom so I shouldnt expect too much lol
Probably his first expedition outside of Oxford LOL!
Abos R Fackin Awesome

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Mr Humbert wrote:
Everything you mentioned was made by Whites. Why not try living with Abos for a week and then tell us how useful or useless Abos really are?
Elias

Glen Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Abos R Fackin Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you mentioned was made by Whites. Why not try living with Abos for a week and then tell us how useful or useless Abos really are?
erm so whites made "white sandy beaches" *chuckle*
UScitizenAbroad

Thornleigh, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

chefboy812 wrote:
<quoted text>
Humbert might have trouble acquiring one of your Aussie tourist visas. ;) Such is the issue for many non-Western visitors, like Humbert, to your country (as well as back in the States). Will you sponsor his visit?

If not, I suggest Humbert just keeps playing around with his delusional misinformed Aussie fantasies on Google. Besides with all the BS he posts, he wouldn't have time to get his rickshaw on the boat for his big international trip of a lifetime.

The DHS wouldn't want him in the US either. So, perhaps the noodle-slurper should stick with his false US proxy location, and just enjoy his fantasy trips to Vegas, NYC, etc, online. ;)

“Fair & Balanced”

Since: Jul 12

wherever there's a mine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2012

Judged:

Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a real chef - not a burger boy.

I can cook everything, and having lived remote for 3 years have learnt to cook native foods in a traditional way. So no crumbed deep fried grubs from me.
Poorsh driver

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened Bumbert? Do you still know more about f uck all than the rest of us?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••