Oh Noes! Southern Cross Soldiers go t...

Oh Noes! Southern Cross Soldiers go to war

There are 28 comments on the Slackbastard story from Nov 24, 2008, titled Oh Noes! Southern Cross Soldiers go to war. In it, Slackbastard reports that:

Crazy kids and their intarwebs! The Southern Cross Soldiers finally make it into the papers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Slackbastard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nathan baines

Australia

#1 Jan 24, 2009
were do i sign

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

#2 Jan 24, 2009
Flinders Steps, apparently.

Shouldn't this post be titled,

The Southern Cross Soldiers have a Barbecue on the Beach?

“We don't have to take it”

WhereTFamI?

#3 Jan 24, 2009
I found this comment from an SCS member who was being attacked on the site - interesting - makes sense to me.

http://slackbastard.anarchobase.com/...

""Racist mindless thugs? HA! You’ve got to be kidding. I’m going into my final year of Grad-Entry Law next year and I’d hardly call myself racist let alone mindless. Sure we have a few younger members and some of the boys have said some stuff which I don’t necessarily agree with, but at the end of the day we are a group (not a gang) of men and women who are proud to call Australia home. Running to your dictionaries to try and label us as something we are not is pathetic. At the end of the day it’s all subjective - we know that and you know that.

You’re entitled to your opinions because that’s your right living in a free and democratic country. We are also entitled to ours. We aren’t flaming you for your ideals, political preferences and the like. We are seeking to harmonise the schism that is prevalent in today’s modern society. What’s wrong with being a nationalist? Why are you opposed to it? Are you not proud of the place you call home? We as citizens of a young nation, need to start developing a social, moral and political psyche that projects an image to the world that we are proud of our country. If you call that racist then I’m the Pope.

It takes a lot of courage for the likes of those opposed to the SCS to sit back and proffer their views after reading an unsubstantiated and poorly sought [thought?] out article. It doesn’t fathom [?] me if you’re left, right or whatnot, at the end of the day we are trying to unite people together - we’re trying to bridge the divide between ‘us’ and ‘them’. It saddens me to use terms like ‘us’ and ‘them’, but unfortunately that is how it has become today.

Have those here who’ve posted against the SCS, seen the websites of those of ‘ethic’ origin paying out on Australia? Have you had a crack at them for what they are saying? Or is it simply easier for you to have a dig at us because you take what the Herald Sun says as Gospel? Hmmmm food for thought.

I’m a proud Australian and always will be. If the SCS isn’t your thing then so be it. Adding fuel to the fire isn’t going to get you anywhere. It shows a heightened sense of immaturity and a deep seeded [seated?] lack of common sense.""
Nathan

Brunswick, Australia

#4 Feb 4, 2009
I have not met any of the scs but i still call my self a southern cross soldier i love calling my self australian i don't say I hate the chinese i don't say i hat the blacks or the lebanese the only people i hate are the ones that live in this country and pay it out those people i think should be taught a lesson in respect if you really have a problem with this country then f*^#k off it's that simple...............
roua

Australia

#5 Mar 9, 2009
(SCS)
use guys should grow up now ! use are not gangsters use dont fight 1v1 use are toys !

WhereTFamI?

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Nathan wrote:
.the only people i hate are the ones that live in this country and pay it out those people i think should be taught a lesson in respect if you really have a problem with this country then f*^#k off it's that simple..........
Yes and those people come in all races and colours. Even some 'born here' Aussies need to step back and rethink their loyalty to their own country. If they can't be loyal to this country then they should pick one they can be loyal to and move there...then we'd all be happy.

WhereTFamI?

#7 Mar 9, 2009
roua wrote:
(SCS)
use guys should grow up now ! use are not gangsters use dont fight 1v1 use are toys !
Seems to me the SCS are trying to do in their own small way what the adults of this country SHOULD be doing!

WhereTFamI?

#8 Mar 9, 2009
If the Australian government was doing the right thing by it's citizens there would be no need for groups like the SCS and kids would not be fighting each other, and kids like Tyler would not be dead because of their belief they might be able to make Australia a better country. Kids can't fight a 'war' made by adults. The SCS are not to blame for what's happening in this country the adults are - WE let it get to the stage where young kids feel they have to do something about it. WE should fix it - not the kids!!!
ray

Redmond, WA

#9 Mar 9, 2009
all i can do is smile at the ppl who hate scs ...the scs are the ones making this country a beter place
Aaron Wright PERTH

Perth, Australia

#10 Mar 29, 2009
ive only decided tonight to call myself a SCS, i feel it is a totaly good cause. the scs's are one of todays better groups. we are proud AUSSIES who will now and forever band together to hold this country in OUR hands. OUR childrens children are going to grow up in a land where it is hardly recagnisable as truely theres. im a perth boy, im 17, and already i notice more bloody forgien flags thn AUSSIE ones. wats this country coming to when AUSSIE jobs are taken over by ppl who speak but a word of english??
we AUSSIES go to foreign countries, and are expected to follow there beliefs,, our women are regarded trashy and promiscious for the way thy dress,, by tht i mean having there faces exposed. now thts gotta be the biggest crock of $#!^ ive ever heard considering we AUSSIES let these forigners into our good land nd allow them to take it over with there beliefs, churches an cultures. YOUR IN AUSTRALIA,, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!! an all you so called australians who think all these ppl INVADING OUR country is better for the economy an the buisinesses then screw you! think about it,, do you want ur kids kids growing up making sneekers for two cents an hour?! this is AUSTRALIA, its AUSTRALIANS rite to be here and no-one elses.
keep it up SCS,, im with youse all the way doing my 'lil' bit each day to make this country a better place for our AUSSIE brothers and sistas.

“Ngali”

Perth

#12 Mar 29, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
If the Australian government was doing the right thing by it's citizens there would be no need for groups like the SCS and kids would not be fighting each other, and kids like Tyler would not be dead because of their belief they might be able to make Australia a better country. Kids can't fight a 'war' made by adults. The SCS are not to blame for what's happening in this country the adults are - WE let it get to the stage where young kids feel they have to do something about it. WE should fix it - not the kids!!!
Woah there!

You can make this Tyler kid into a martyr if you want, but let's be clear.

Tyler is NOT "dead because of [his] belief [he] might be able to make Australia a better country". He's dead because he threatened armed cops with knives, told them to shoot him, and then attacked them.

His death has NOTHING to do with his affiliations, or political opinions, and EVERYTHING to do with running around with knives and threatening people.

WhereTFamI?

#13 Mar 29, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text> Woah there!
You can make this Tyler kid into a martyr if you want, but let's be clear. Tyler is NOT "dead because of [his] belief [he] might be able to make Australia a better country". He's dead because he threatened armed cops with knives, told them to shoot him, and then attacked them. His death has NOTHING to do with his affiliations, or political opinions, and EVERYTHING to do with running around with knives and threatening people.
If it had "NOTHING" to do with his death, why did the media AND the police try their best to make it that way then??? They didn't quite succeed though did they as he was not a "bad" kid. His death had much more to do with the incompetency of 5 police who had either improper or inadequate training or both. Four days after Tyler's death a 38 year old man with a known mental problem armed with an axe AND a knife was bought under control in a confined space by TWO police, which was a more threatening situation than being outdoors like Tyler was. A 15 year old kid for christ's sake and they couldn't do better than kill him???!
nota

Australia

#14 Mar 29, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
He's dead because he threatened armed cops with knives, told them to shoot him, and then attacked them.
His death has NOTHING to do with his affiliations, or political opinions, and EVERYTHING to do with running around with knives and threatening people.
Sounds like a psycho and no great loss

The last sector I'd draw on for societal advice would be young testosterone laden males

“Ngali”

Perth

#16 Mar 29, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
If it had "NOTHING" to do with his death, why did the media AND the police try their best to make it that way then??? They didn't quite succeed though did they as he was not a "bad" kid. His death had much more to do with the incompetency of 5 police who had either improper or inadequate training or both. Four days after Tyler's death a 38 year old man with a known mental problem armed with an axe AND a knife was bought under control in a confined space by TWO police, which was a more threatening situation than being outdoors like Tyler was. A 15 year old kid for christ's sake and they couldn't do better than kill him???!
I'm not aware that the cops ever commented on anything other than his actions that night, but the media are the media and will sensationalise to sell their stories. Even so, most media reports discussing Tyler's SCS involvement portrayed Tyler as a troubled kid, and they reported on the SCS response with their tributes.

It's not like the cops KNEW Tyler's affiliations and shot him because of that. He had stolend knives, he was armed, he threatened to kill people, he ignored warnings, and he attacked police. That's why he got shot.

He died because he was armed, threatening and unstable and he came up against police without the training, ability, or ingenuity to do anything else. You can rail about the inadequacies of those police involved and rightly so, because the end result was the wrong one for everyone.

But he was NOT SHOT BECAUSE HE WAS PART OF THE SCS - OR FOR ANY BELIEFS HE MAY HAVE HAD - and you're wrong to say, or suggest otherwise.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,247...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,...

http://www.theage.com.au/national/shot-tylers...

“SHOWING THE WAY”

Since: Jul 08

Heart Chambers

#17 Mar 29, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there!
Tyler is NOT "dead because of [his] belief [he] might be able to make Australia a better country". He's dead because he threatened armed cops with knives, told them to shoot him, and then attacked them.
The Police acted out of fear just as the kid did and that is typical in these circumstances. People react to situations without thinking. The cops are backed up by the majority in this instance because they wore uniforms and they had a title to lean on. Legally they win but Morally they lose out badly. If it were your child you would feel the same but you have not produced one yet have you and you probably never will. So what I am saying is that all is again based on perception.

WhereTFamI?

#18 Mar 29, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
But he was NOT SHOT BECAUSE HE WAS PART OF THE SCS - OR FOR ANY BELIEFS HE MAY HAVE HAD - and you're wrong to say, or suggest otherwise.
Ngali I have never ever said he was "shot because he was part of the SCS", never. My beef is the way the whole affair was stuffed up from beginning to end. My other gripe was with the people who said he "deserved to die", "he was scum because he belonged to the scs", and the poster above who said he sounds like a psycho, no great loss.

Thanks for posting those links but I have seen and heard every thing that was written and said or videoed on this case and nothing will change my opinion that the police were in the wrong and he should NOT be dead. He does NOT "*deserve*" to be dead. And anybody who says that is just nasty scum who like to play the "what if" game..

WhereTFamI?

#19 Mar 29, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not aware that the cops ever commented on anything other than his actions that night,.
I also saw the "speech" the Com. of Police gave and yes, the fact that he was a member of the SCS played heavily in the spiel. It was mentioned in nearly every TV broadcast. But it all turned out to be a non-event as he'd only joined a few weeks previously and hardly had much to do with them...so then the silence about that became deafening.
Jason

Australia

#20 Nov 8, 2009
It's not the people down on scs that have to be told this it's the mindless thugs causing chaos. There are better ways to have yourself heard, set up a political party, have peaceful protests but don't just mindlessly bash people just because they came to Australia looking for a better life. To me the scs is just becoming a spin off of the neo Nazi skinheads combined with some American gangster influence.
Andrew

Canberra, Australia

#22 Jan 4, 2010
Nathan wrote:
I have not met any of the scs but i still call my self a southern cross soldier i love calling my self australian i don't say I hate the chinese i don't say i hat the blacks or the lebanese the only people i hate are the ones that live in this country and pay it out those people i think should be taught a lesson in respect if you really have a problem with this country then f*^#k off it's that simple..........
I'm scs and u can't call your self one of us couse your not in the gang u can still be a proud Aussie and I respect you for saying that u arnt but u aren't in scs but your true blue Aussie mate
Fighting idiocy

Hazelbrook, Australia

#26 Aug 28, 2010
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah there!
You've never actually been overseas, have you?
Ah you know so little of the world...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big cummers in northern suburbs 22 min Hornyguy467 4
Melbourne Airport NSA 3 hr baz 5
Yarra Bend Park 3 hr baz 5
Club x Thomastown (Aug '14) 4 hr VanessaCD 3,608
never been squirted on 4 hr cleanfitguy 19
Local Sex Dating Melbourne 4 hr Abreu 135
Melbourne CBD - Dendy Club X Coverlid Place (Feb '15) 4 hr Jiggyjoe 1,664
ClubX bayswater cinema room (Jun '14) 5 hr hotfun030 6,383
Flora and fauna park (Jul '15) 8 hr maidcd 5,194
West Gate Park (Feb '16) 19 hr mrdodo11 1,579