Hanson may hold balance of power - B...

Hanson may hold balance of power - Bombala Times

There are 13 comments on the bombala.yourguide.com.au story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Hanson may hold balance of power - Bombala Times. In it, bombala.yourguide.com.au reports that:

Pauline Hanson may hold the balance of power in a hung parliament after winning the "redneck" seat of Beaudesert tomorrow, one of Australia's leading election pundits predicts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at bombala.yourguide.com.au.

wallabyedward

“A world full of hypocrites”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2009
Pauline should sue these evil bastards for all they're worth.

Far too many of these unsubstantiated stories have been published, with no other intention, other than to do harm to the individuals named.

The photo's were quiet strange in appearance, very blurry, and although a likeness when supported by suggestion, was possible, those who chose to proceed with what they're now saying was questionable material from a questionable source, should be made to pay like no one before them, so that all media will be made to think twice, before ever going down this path again.

Enough people have had their lives ruined by this kind of behaviour, MAKE THEM PAY BIG TIME PAULINE.

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

#2 Mar 19, 2009
A couple of One Nations Policies:

http://tinyurl.com/datjkv

1. General: What are your main priorities if elected for the next term of government? What can you offer to the Christian constituency in particular?

Response by One Nation (NSW Division):

One Nation would end economic rationalism, free trade and globalisation.

One Nation would preserve Australia as a Christian country.

One Nation would institute a 1 per cent Electronic Debit Tax to replace other taxes which would encourage employment and enterprise.

2. Approach to the Christian constituency: The Prime Minister and the Opposition Leader, as well as leaders of some minor parties, have made public expressions of their Christian faith and expressed their appreciation for Australia’s Judeo-Christian heritage. How would your Party actively engage with the broad, mainstream Christian constituency and what weighting do you give to its views on key matters of public policy?

One Nation would maintain Australia as a secular country with a Christian heritage and a society and laws based on Christian principles.

3. Climate change: Christians are called to be stewards of creation and to care for the poor. There is therefore a concern about climate change because of its environmental impact and its impact on the world’s poor. What policies and / or targets will you put in place to reduce Australia’s greenhouse pollution and make the switch to clean energy?

Human-induced global warming is a myth.
One Nation supports solar, wind, geothermal and all other forms of clean energy besides clean coal and the use of ethanol in petrol.

8. Refugees: The asylum seeker debate is a complex one, raising issues of our moral obligation to offer asylum to genuine refugees (who may arrive by boat), the need to stamp out people smuggling, and the need to protect our borders. What measures will your Party take to improve the processing and welfare of refugees who arrive by irregular means, whilst also protecting the security of Australia’s borders?

One Nation originally proposed the idea of offshore detention and supports its continuance.
We should particularly assist Christians fleeing from persecution in Muslim countries, people of European heritage who want to leave Zimbabwe and South Africa and refugees from persecution in Communist China.

One Nation supports the offshore detention of illegal immigrants and wants more help given to Christians who want to escape persecution in countries like Egypt, Syria, Iran, Pakistan and Iraq. We also would particularly help people of European stock who want to leave Zimbabwe or South Africa. We would also particularly assist victims of persecution in Red China.

Since: Feb 09

Australia

#3 Mar 19, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
1. General: What are your main priorities if elected for the next term of government? What can you offer to the Christian constituency in particular?
One Nation would institute a 1 per cent Electronic Debit Tax to replace other taxes which would encourage employment and enterprise.
2. Approach to the Christian constituency: The Prime Minister and the Opposition Leader, as well as leaders of some minor parties, have made public expressions of their Christian faith and expressed their appreciation for Australia’s Judeo-Christian heritage. How would your Party actively engage with the broad, mainstream Christian constituency and what weighting do you give to its views on key matters of public policy?
One Nation would maintain Australia as a secular country with a Christian heritage and a society and laws based on Christian principles.
3. Climate change: Christians are called to be stewards of creation and to care for the poor. There is therefore a concern about climate change because of its environmental impact and its impact on the world’s poor. What policies and / or targets will you put in place to reduce Australia’s greenhouse pollution and make the switch to clean energy?
I'm gunna read this, thanks for posting.
I didn't think Pauline Hanson was One Nation anymore?? I thought she was INDEPENDANT candidate?

WhereTFamI?

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Jimmy Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gunna read this, thanks for posting.I didn't think Pauline Hanson was One Nation anymore?? I thought she was INDEPENDANT candidate?
She is, but I've just got a "feeling" there's something going on we don't know about. Pauline's and One Nation's policies are the same.

Read this:

http://www.onenation.com.au/

Setting the Record Straight on Pauline Hanson 9/12/2007:

http://nswonenation.com.au/archive%20news/gen...

Since: Mar 09

SE QLD - Esk Shire

#5 Mar 22, 2009
Jimmy Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gunna read this, thanks for posting.
I didn't think Pauline Hanson was One Nation anymore?? I thought she was INDEPENDANT candidate?
You're right, she isn't. She had "Pauline Hanson's" legally removed from "Pauline Hanson's One Nation". Now, its just One Nation. She also ran under "Pauline's United Australia Party" at the last Federal election. She is very fickle as that is two parties she has now created, and then dumped. She doesn't know what she is doing, what she believes or what she wants to represent, and I think that was reflected in the results last night, when she lost and the remaining remnants of Pauline Hanson's One Nation/One Nation was consigned to history forever when Rosa-Lee Long the remaining PHON/ON representative in Queensland, lost her seat.

“Ngali”

Perth

#6 Mar 22, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
Which would equal DISASTER if it was even possible they could do it. You think times are hard now- try going protectionist and restricting trade purely to benefit ourselves. We'd lose markets for exports, face tarrifs on our export goods, and generally find overseas trade much more difficult. And I'd LOVE to hear how they're going to stop globalisation. You can try to end Australia's involvement in it - and cut our economic throats - but unless One Nation can somehow massively influence the rest of the world, it's an impossibility.
Gottaliv wrote:
Which means what exactly. A ban on other religions? Enforced church attendance? What exactly? Australia's official religion is christianity.
Gottaliv wrote:
Well a 1% tax would do that, but I'd love to see them try and maintain government services on 1%- unless they expect free enterprise to pick up the slack there, which would mean no medicare, toll roads, private hospitals, schools, police, utilities and a system of governance in which corporations would run riot on Australia in a way globalisation could never manage. Australia -brought to you by Halliburton.
Gottaliv wrote:
Oh, ok. So everything as it is then?
Gottaliv wrote:
3. Climate change:
One Nation supports solar, wind, geothermal and all other forms of clean energy besides clean coal and the use of ethanol in petrol.
And how will they develop those alternative energies and still maintain services in the meantime? If it's a myth why not keep burning all our coal? May as well since their protectionism will ensure we can't sell it.
Gottaliv wrote:
8. Refugees:
One Nation supports the offshore detention of illegal immigrants and wants more help given to Christians who want to escape persecution in countries like Egypt, Syria, Iran, Pakistan and Iraq. We also would particularly help people of European stock who want to leave Zimbabwe or South Africa. We would also particularly assist victims of persecution in Red China.
Is that really what they want, or is this just staight up pandering to the christian oriented interviewer and his/her readership?

Nothing particularly egregious there, but what happened to the no darkies and no chinks policy of old?

Honestly - reading this kind of 'policy statement' just reinforces the idea that One Nation are populists with simplistic solutions to problems they don't fully understand, and generally NO IDEA on how to govern.

WhereTFamI?

#7 Mar 22, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
Which would equal DISASTER if it was even possible they could do it.
Hey, I only posted their policies I never said I agreed with them all. I was comparing the similarities with PH's and ON's policies, very little difference.

I have never voted for the person, only for the fantasy policies they are supposed to deliver but very seldom do.

I was told many years ago by a very wise elderly male patient, "never ever discuss politics or religion, they are both controlled by forces you wouldn't understand and no-body ever wins the debate." I should have listened to that man.

“Ngali”

Perth

#8 Mar 22, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I only posted their policies I never said I agreed with them all. I was comparing the similarities with PH's and ON's policies, very little difference.
I have never voted for the person, only for the fantasy policies they are supposed to deliver but very seldom do.
I was told many years ago by a very wise elderly male patient, "never ever discuss politics or religion, they are both controlled by forces you wouldn't understand and no-body ever wins the debate." I should have listened to that man.
I had a good friend, who liked hosting dinner parties and who enforced a 'no politics, no religion' conversational ban.

I was always bored at her dinner parties.

Although one time she set her hair on fire trying to light a cigarette from a candle.

WhereTFamI?

#9 Mar 22, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a good friend, who liked hosting dinner parties and who enforced a 'no politics, no religion' conversational ban.
That's why she was a "good" friend.

“Ngali”

Perth

#10 Mar 22, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why she was a "good" friend.
She IS a good friend for much more than that.

By the way G - what was the deal with Topix 'showing' posts when you're signed in, but actually not having them appear on the board?

I've finally run afoul of that one myself - trying to post weblinks to hard left sites - to make a point about Jimmy D in his French protest thread.

WhereTFamI?

#11 Mar 22, 2009
ngali wrote:
<quoted text>.By the way G - what was the deal with Topix 'showing' posts when you're signed in, but actually not having them appear on the board?I've finally run afoul of that one myself - trying to post weblinks to hard left sites - to make a point about Jimmy D in his French protest thread.
Yeahhhhh, at last!:)

Topix has a program which tricks the registered user to think the comment they posted is showing in the thread, which when you log off is not there. It only shows to you when you are logged on but nobody else. I tried everything I could think of to beat it with The Emperor's Clothes link and several others but no go. Some of them were government sites as well with very controversial content as to what was really going on with some things. Took me many hours and a lot of digging to find them too. The links themselves were being censured, no doubt about that. Several are now gone altogether.

I actually managed to get one to show eventually tho by breaking the link up and putting asterisks in between the words. But that only worked for one. And then that whole Thread was removed later. And another link I made into a Tiny URL and then it showed. So try that.

WhereTFamI?

#12 Mar 22, 2009
P.S. I also logged off and tried to post them then as well - didn't work.

lol I can relate, was nearly minus one eyebrow once...""Although one time she set her hair on fire trying to light a cigarette from a candle.""

“Ngali”

Perth

#13 Mar 22, 2009
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeahhhhh, at last!:)
Topix has a program which tricks the registered user to think the comment they posted is showing in the thread, which when you log off is not there. It only shows to you when you are logged on but nobody else. I tried everything I could think of to beat it with The Emperor's Clothes link and several others but no go. Some of them were government sites as well with very controversial content as to what was really going on with some things. Took me many hours and a lot of digging to find them too. The links themselves were being censured, no doubt about that. Several are now gone altogether.
I actually managed to get one to show eventually tho by breaking the link up and putting asterisks in between the words. But that only worked for one. And then that whole Thread was removed later. And another link I made into a Tiny URL and then it showed. So try that.
It's not that important - I got my point across in another way.

I did believe you when you posted that article where Topix workers dicussed how they 'manage' the site, although I didn't know what you were talking about initially.

Weird though - there's nothing exceptional about the links I was trying to post - just that they belonged to lefty sites. Not particularly inflammatory to my mind.

Wellity, wellity.

I'm going to try and link up some hardcore ultra-right sites and see what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryborough, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
parody songs (Feb '15) Feb '15 Lim 1
Blac fella butchery maryborough (Feb '15) Feb '15 Stuart Cudahy 1
Website (Nov '06) Jun '14 Stuart Cudahy 4
Hi (Mar '08) Oct '13 I doubt it 2
News Australia's cheapest petrol days (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ahomana 10
News Scouts jump for joy at Jamboree (Jan '13) Jan '13 Penny Poore 1
News Sprinter eyes off Western Australian competition (Jan '13) Jan '13 kelpies kangaroos... 2
More from around the web