The Question: Has apathy overtaken ur...

The Question: Has apathy overtaken urgency in the debate on climate action?

There are 1 comment on the The Age story from May 18, 2012, titled The Question: Has apathy overtaken urgency in the debate on climate action?. In it, The Age reports that:

Not quite apathetic but not proactive, either ... whilst images like these don't foster a sense of urgency any more, we still need to take measures to prevent any further environmental damage from occuring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Age.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#1 May 19, 2012
No because using common sense, most of us know we don't have a hope in hell of stopping industry or government support of that industry and their polluting and there is also the fact that if miracles happened and we were successful in stopping their pollution, what happens if it isn't the cause?...
I for one don't believe it is responsible for climate change....
Now I don't think some of the pollution isn't affecting humans and their health, but the carbon tax is just that, another tax for the government to make it look like it is doing something when it really isn't and could care less
They will endeavor to tax the polluters who will pay it and keep on polluting,then they will pass those costs onto the consumer..either either industy keeps polluting and the government gets a new tax from the people win, win for government and industry....go figure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mackay, Australia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of relocating to Mackay Oct 11 Ness132 1
Bma mining says they care contractors or just v... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jarrodispissed 2
News We won't include family home in assets pension ... (Feb '15) Dec '15 toilet duck 2
Gays in Mackay! (Aug '15) Aug '15 Lovemydildo1 1
News Australian race relations suffering from a lack... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Truth 2
NEATO employment worst job agency in Mackay (Apr '15) Apr '15 NEATO is pathetic 1
News Australia's top tax hot spots (Apr '14) Apr '14 Muslim Mom 1
More from around the web